Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to apply to YourPace as a Foreigner
Shocked 
Hi, I am very new to online degrees (I just learnt about sophia and cleps today). It would be very nice if you guys could give me advice on how to apply to YourPace; BA in Business Administration - Marketing degree at UMPI. ;-;

Here are a few details about my academics:
1. I have completed IGCSEs for my high school.
2. I have a diploma in Business Administration from UCSI College in Malaysia.

May I know these few things:
1. Can those transcripts can be accepted and if they are, will I be able to transfer my credits?
2. I researched their website and to apply, I need a US phone number and zip code but I am currently in Malaysia.. how do I apply other than from their website?
3. May I know other tips or requirements?

Thank you so so muchhh!!! <3
Your international transcripts need to be validated by a provider such as WES. If you look on UMPI's main website you can see the process for international students applying to UMPI.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • jasminejuju
If you're in Malaysia, I don't think you can access CLEPs. Students outside of the US must travel to a CLEP testing center and there are very few publically accessible CLEP testing centers on foreign soil. I think your closest one would be in Japan? At least, that's what I remember being in SE Asia last time I looked.

Thankfully, you can use Sophia to complete the GEC requirements for UMPI. The diploma you have probably doesn't cover things like science or history, just business topics, right? I would use the degree plans on the wiki to complete the GEC requirements. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Category:UMPI Depending on how the diploma evaluates, assuming it's evaluated as being worth US credits, the courses will probably apply to the major or to the electives at UMPI.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • jasminejuju
Thailand and the Philippines do have CLEP centers.

(03-08-2023, 07:30 AM)jasminejuju Wrote: Hi, I am very new to online degrees (I just learnt about sophia and cleps today). It would be very nice if you guys could give me advice on how to apply to YourPace; BA in Business Administration - Marketing degree at UMPI. ;-;

Here are a few details about my academics:
1. I have completed IGCSEs for my high school.
2. I have a diploma in Business Administration from UCSI College in Malaysia.

May I know these few things:
1. Can those transcripts can be accepted and if they are, will I be able to transfer my credits?
2. I researched their website and to apply, I need a US phone number and zip code but I am currently in Malaysia.. how do I apply other than from their website?
3. May I know other tips or requirements?

Thank you so so muchhh!!! <3

Apply through this link: https://www.umpi.edu/yourpace/apply/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pikachu's post:
  • jasminejuju
(03-08-2023, 07:46 PM)Pikachu Wrote: Thailand and the Philippines do have CLEP centers.

Public ones? Because there are a ton of military bases with testing centers not open to the public. There are also a number of closed-campus universities that apparently have testing for just their own students (or maybe US military?). In Europe, for instance, I know that there are a bunch of testing centers listed. But the only public one I've been able to find is near Manchester, England.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
  • jasminejuju
@jasminejuju, you should provide us as much information as possible, to do so (and get more help), fill in the template and last post addendum here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works | Essentially, the more details you provide us, gives us a clearer picture of what your situation is, we can get you closer to that educational goal.

My suggestion is to skip the CLEP and complete the remaining transfer credits entirely through Sophia.org after you have the UCSI College transcript evaluated. I reviewed their website, they have articulation agreements with U of Arizona, up to two years can be transferred into UofA, if I had to 'hazard' an educated guess, it probably would be equivalent to two years lower level.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • jasminejuju
I wouldn't try to figure out the CLEP situation. Instead, I would spend the time and energy on Sophia courses. One can complete almost 90 transfer credits just on Sophia. Depending on which degree you choose, some you can hit 90 credits. Sophia would also be a good way to get a good feeling for the learning platform as it is very similar to UMPI's platform.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • jasminejuju, origamishuttle
(03-08-2023, 11:21 AM)rachel83az Wrote: If you're in Malaysia, I don't think you can access CLEPs. Students outside of the US must travel to a CLEP testing center and there are very few publically accessible CLEP testing centers on foreign soil. I think your closest one would be in Japan? At least, that's what I remember being in SE Asia last time I looked.

Thankfully, you can use Sophia to complete the GEC requirements for UMPI. The diploma you have probably doesn't cover things like science or history, just business topics, right? I would use the degree plans on the wiki to complete the GEC requirements. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Category:UMPI Depending on how the diploma evaluates, assuming it's evaluated as being worth US credits, the courses will probably apply to the major or to the electives at UMPI.

Thank you for answering Smile

I have checked out the wiki plan and some courses need study.com credits to complete the 40 total credits for GEC. May I know whether study.com is accepted by UMPI?

(03-10-2023, 03:20 PM)ss20ts Wrote: I wouldn't try to figure out the CLEP situation. Instead, I would spend the time and energy on Sophia courses. One can complete almost 90 transfer credits just on Sophia. Depending on which degree you choose, some you can hit 90 credits. Sophia would also be a good way to get a good feeling for the learning platform as it is very similar to UMPI's platform.

Thank you for answering! I will focus on the sophia credits Smile
Yes, both Study.com and Sophia are accepted by UMPI. As are some Coursera courses. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Coursera
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
  • origamishuttle

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  YourPace Easy Elective Courses? fastest completion Mikeand 20 6,902 Yesterday, 03:33 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  UMPI Criminal Justice BA YourPace Program Completed slaterjack 11 1,096 09-09-2024, 08:23 PM
Last Post: slaterjack
  Yourpace 100% refund deadline soulking 1 265 09-05-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI YourPace BABA UnderGrad sunjaroa 1 395 08-21-2024, 09:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Need help for UMPI YourPace Admission AnnaVu 6 735 08-16-2024, 11:42 AM
  how to know which transfer credits will apply to degree? skinmasksean 7 517 07-26-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: skinmasksean
  Seeking Financial Assistance for UMPI YourPace Program emmyakins292 7 627 07-24-2024, 06:31 PM
Last Post: Livia_Drusila
Information BA in Psychology - UMPI YourPace allvia 25 7,610 07-01-2024, 11:57 AM
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 10 1,492 06-24-2024, 10:23 AM
  UMPI - List of courses offered on YourPace Lewis.Yim 10 4,523 06-04-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess