Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did you do on ECE Adulthood?
What was your experience with this test and how long would you recommend to study with IC for ECE Psych of Adulthood and Aging in order to get a firm A?
I studied about 1 week, solely using the IC study guide and earned an A. Keep in mind that I study until I am at 100 percent and basically have all of the cards memorized. Good Luck and BE SURE to read the specific feedback section to garner further feedback. Lee
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]
Basket Weaver Wrote:I studied about 1 week, solely using the IC study guide and earned an A.

How may hours total? Wow, memorizing all 400 q's will take me like a month.
traffic Wrote:memorizing all 400 q's will take me like a month.

... and yet, a few hours after I wrote this, I've gotten 67 out of the first 68 right. Lots of common-sense stuff.
I know you already know this but be sure to know the material following the answer as well; the answer usually is not as important as the rest. Yes, you're right; there is a bunch of common sense stuff. I studied about 3-4 hours per day and usually completed 2 sections a day until I was sick of them. Be sure to do run through of ALL the questions, several times, once you finish all of the questions. Good luck! Lee
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]
I got to the diseases part, very depressing.

It pretty much tells you you're better off shot in the head after age 20-25, 'cause after that the life is pretty much over anyway.
Hey Traffic,

Are you getting too much sun? Just kidding.

I took Abnormal Psych, A & A, Gerontology, and Psych Nursing one right after the other. I thought everyone around me was either falling apart, had fallen apart or was completely hopeless. And I wasn't feeling too hopeful about my prospects either.

Crystalhilarious
Crystal King
BS Liberal Studies 3.87
Preparing for GRE
Goal Master Library Science 2009

Ambition is the Path to success,
Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.
beckysharp Wrote:Hey Traffic,

Are you getting too much sun?

I'm afraid to go outside; ultraviolet is the major cause of wrinkles. You go for a walk and risk coming back looking like a dried apricot these days!

I want one of those Muslim women outfits that make them look like ninjas.
Those are really ninjas disguised as Muslim women. Wink
Took PoAA Yesterday and FoG today

Got B's on both of them.

Only used IC.

Spent about 24 hours total prep time for both of them. Study the cards for both as there is massive overlap.

Things to be aware of:
Know all the stages of grief
Be able to recognize what type of study is most appropriate (C-S, L, T-L) for different scenarios
Know dementia and how it is different from other stuff like back of your hand
FoG uses "How do adults feel when _____" Questions, so know the statistics

All in all, easy tests and grade depends on effort put into them.

Don't get stuck in quicksand on the tests, often times if you are stuck on a question mark it, and it will be answered in later questions.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best Study Aids for ECE/UExcel Psych Adulthood & Aging? SuZQ2 8 985 05-21-2014, 12:32 AM
Last Post: GoodYellowDogs
  Psychology of Adulthood and Aging is UP sgloer 38 8,254 01-04-2014, 12:25 AM
Last Post: GoodYellowDogs
  ECE - Psych of Adulthood and Aging - got a B GoodYellowDogs 2 581 08-31-2013, 12:02 PM
Last Post: SuZQ2
  Study Links for Adulthood & Gerontology lionfire 0 647 12-07-2012, 11:35 AM
Last Post: lionfire
  Adulthood and Aging ECE rmroberts 5 1,303 04-12-2012, 08:55 AM
Last Post: spassaffe
  Anyone taken Foundations of Gerontology or Psych of Adulthood and Aging? podmates7 0 614 08-11-2011, 10:50 PM
Last Post: podmates7
  psychology of adulthood and aging yallen1 0 625 03-07-2010, 08:57 PM
Last Post: yallen1
  adulthood and aging jsn_eby 0 851 11-03-2008, 10:13 AM
Last Post: jsn_eby
  Advice on Psychology of Adulthood and Aging yumeji 3 1,595 05-03-2007, 07:06 PM
Last Post: yumeji
  passed psy. of adulthood and aging thru excelsior newbernswiss 3 1,097 04-04-2007, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Librevore