Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Marketable is Your Degree?
http://www.economicmodeling.com/2017/02/...ngs-major/

You can use this link to search your degree and see what companies are hiring for it and how popular it may be.  There is a market for "Liberal Arts" degrees.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
[-] The following 1 user Likes videogamesrock's post:
  • studiousimp
Use Cases

Which companies are hiring for my major?
What sort of positions are they hiring for?
Which skills are employers requesting?
Where are these jobs located?

Woah, I think that link is interesting. I just don't know what I'm getting myself into...
I am just searching anything and everything, haha... hmm, what if I search...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • videogamesrock
Yeah, I am the same way Smile what about this, what that.. my conclusion though is that Business Admin is always part of the pack of degrees employers are seeking. IMO it is the most marketable degree.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
(01-10-2018, 01:09 AM)videogamesrock Wrote: Yeah, I am the same way Smile what about this, what that..  my conclusion though is that Business Admin is always part of the pack of degrees employers are seeking.  IMO it is the most marketable degree.

Yes, I agree, but only to a point.   People really like to see a business admin degree (or MBA,) but in my experience, you also need to find some sort of specialization that sets you apart.  I keep reading these articles about how being well-rounded is prized, but from what I've seen employers expect both.  For example, well-rounded, but with deep knowledge and/or experience about their specific industry.

So... I think the best thing for those that don't already have established careers is to pick a relatively large industry such as manufacturing or healthcare, use your degree and contacts to get in as high as you can and then stick to it. 

I would really love someone to call me out and tell me that this idea is outdated....because I think it is outdated.  I personally think that an intelligent person can bring brilliant ideas from one industry to the other.  I just haven't seen it happen.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
ISSA Certified Nutritionist
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
(01-10-2018, 12:44 AM)videogamesrock Wrote: http://www.economicmodeling.com/2017/02/...ngs-major/

You can use this link to search your degree and see what companies are hiring for it and how popular it may be.  There is a market for "Liberal Arts" degrees.

Holy crap that's cool!!!!

Edit- so what does it mean? I don't know, I'm 47, so I'm not sure that I'm going to discover some new way to use my degree that I hadn't considered. But, I think it might be good as a way to give a reality check to kids thinking about certain majors. I typed in "drama" and returned a bunch of adjunct teaching jobs - mostly in California. If a major only leads to part-time employment teaching others in the major, who will graduate and do what....? At some point isn't it unethical to allow that major to exist? Anyway, for another day. Wink Great link Video, thanks for sharing!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 4 85 5 hours ago
Last Post: rickrick
  OSU Post-Bacc BSCS degree name about to change sialiblo 7 1,310 09-01-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Fred78
  Degree plan help RajSingh 8 296 08-29-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 32 8,581 08-29-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  Already a software engineer, degree worth it? mahaganapati 40 6,082 08-16-2024, 03:32 AM
Last Post: Leojames26
  Spanish courses for Spanish degree rachel83az 19 2,314 07-24-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Affordable Math degree for non-US (international) citizen OtterDen 22 1,500 07-17-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  Online Electrical Engineering Degree OtterDen 5 697 07-09-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  U.S. Department of Education considers a degree as a high school equivalency ArshveerCheema 15 1,812 05-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Teen walks at graduation after completing doctoral degree at 17 lisarox 9 844 05-17-2024, 11:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy