Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Assistance with Degree Plan-BA Liberal Studies
So I am trying to understand how this works. I've explored the stickys and I think my brain is in overload right now. I want to eventually become an elementary teacher, but obtaining my bachelors degree is priority at this time. I *think* that my best bet is to get the BA in liberal studies at TESU. Here are the credits I currently have:

Class/Credits

ACA 115 Success & Study Skills-1
ART 111 Art Appreciation- 3
CHM 151 Gen. Chem1 -4
CIS 110 Intro to Computers-3
COM 110 Into to Communication-3
ENG 111 Expository Writing- 3
ENG 112 Writing/Research in the disc- 3
ENG 114 Prof Research & Reporting-3
HEA 110 Health/Wellness-3
HIS 111 World Civilizations I- 3
PSY 150 Gen. Psychology- 3
REL 211 Intro to Old Testament-3
SOC 210 Intro to Sociology -3

I really don't know where to start, or how to choose which classes to test...I can't seem to figure out which classes translate from diversity, civil engagement, or ethics, for example. Any suggestions of advice would be so appreciated. I kind of feel like a dummy right now.
First, you need to see what is required in your state as to which degree you should get. If your state prefers or requires a degree in something specific, then you don't want the BALS. But if they don't care, then you should get it.

One of the hardest things is to figure out what goes where, and every school is different.

I did a spreadsheet showing what will go where at this point from what you'd put, but it's not 100% since I'm not sure on a few courses. Like Intro to Comm - was that a speech course or not? If so, then it goes where I put it. If not, then it moves to Gen Ed Electives. Also, some of these courses can go down into the Liberal Studies Area of Study, but that's just a matter of shifting courses around.

Anyway, this gives you a good start.

Another thing to figure out is where you want to focus your studies on. English, Psych and History are the easiest to get UL credits.

First things first, sign up for a free ACE account: https://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseacti...ATION.main; it's where you'll be sending your credits.

If you want to take a fairly easy math course, and think you might be able to pass Intermediate Algebra before 4/30, then sign up for ALEKS math and get that course completed. It's 3cr, and your math requirement done for $20. If you pass it, and think you can do College Algebra as well, go for it. It expires on 4/30, but it's worth trying.

Also, go take the Insurance Ethics course for free at The Institutes. Take the free course (not the $5 one) and send those credits to ACE.

Read the Beginner's Guide to start getting an idea of how things work around here. And keep reading posts daily, that helps as well. It will take a while to start to figure things out, but you can complete some things while you're figuring out how it all works.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Less than 1 minute ago">schooledmama TESU 2016 BALS.xlsx (Size: 44.34 KB / Downloads: 1)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
FYI - There are some schools that accept ACE and also that have bachelors for teaching degrees. WGU is one that immediately comes to mind, Liberty is another....
Does the Insurance Ethics course from The Institutes fit in the ethics slot or free elective?
Gooberman11 Wrote:Does the Insurance Ethics course from The Institutes fit in the ethics slot or free elective?

Ethics unless it's already filled. Then it would be a Gen Ed Elective, or even go in your AOS if applicable.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,506 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,872 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 3,159 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,723 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,938 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 5,368 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,990 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 5,595 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 2,163 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,568 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627