Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
History Books Audio and ebooks free for download
Hey guys,
I found this website while googling for additional resources to supplement the ones I have. There are a bunch of history books you can download in audio and text ebooks. Especially the 6 volume "History of the United States". I think it's the fourth one down.
Enjoy!

Free Audio Books - History - Download mp3 and iPod format today!
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
I actually listened to a significant chunk of this book when I thought I would have to take a lit test. It really opened my eyes to literature in general and changed my view of especially poetry. The author did a great job showing how poetry and literature was shaped by, and in turn shaped, current events and politics throughout history. He also showed how poetry fed literature.

I never liked poetry until I found a history of it. It's really fascinating, actually.

Quote:Henry Augustin Beers (1847-?), native of Buffalo, NY and professor of English at Yale, with the help of John Fletcher Hurst (1834-1903), Methodist bishop and first Chancellor of American University, has written a sweeping thousand 900 year history of English literature, up to the end of the 19th century. Although at times biased and sometimes misguided (as when he dismisses Mark Twain as a humorist noteworthy in his time but not for the ages), his research is sound and his criticism is interesting and quite often very balanced. In addition, the last chapter of each part is Hurst’s synopsis of religious and theological literature in the language. This book is interesting for its point of view, but also useful as a jumping-off point for those interested in reading the classics. (Summary by Kalynda)

Then there's this book for when you can't sleep...

Quote:A recording of the first 2000 prime numbers (2-17389).
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
Thank you for sharing. I think this will be useful for reference in the future!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free Course Jacksonville State University a_dblu 58 11,424 Yesterday, 09:12 AM
Last Post: wow
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 327 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  any Cert-free schools? pluggingalong 2 291 08-24-2024, 09:44 PM
Last Post: pluggingalong
Lightbulb ASU to Launch a Free Global Initiative and enroll 100 million students MNomadic 216 38,327 08-04-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Free College Hack - Italian or Hungarian Ancestry nykorn 7 618 07-23-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Free college for "Senior citizens" jb111 6 750 07-07-2024, 06:55 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Master of Letters in History dewisant 4 504 06-28-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  OpenAI launches new AI model GPT-4o Free for Everyone LevelUP 4 641 06-27-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 2 1,456 05-27-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 8 2,249 04-25-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess