Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey guys/girl new guy here w/ a question
I was just wondering if there is a speech credit available? I sure hope there is, it's why I signed up. That and all I've heard about this website is great things. Hopefully I will speed up my business degree with instacert.
Thanks for any help
p.s I went under course list, didn't find anything...that's why I'm asking
Public Speaking DSST
"He who loves practice without theory is like the sailor who boards ship without a rudder and a compass and never knows where he may cast" - Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

"The shortest distance between two points is usually under repair." - Anonymous

[SIZE="1"]CLEP/DSST/ACE credits (39), Total costs $1,383
Principles of Management (71), Principles of Supervision (446), Principles of Marketing (76), Management Information Systems (466), Human Resources Management (67), Intro to Computing (465), Environment & Humanity (69), Technical Writing (65), Intro to Business Law (75), Business Law II (80), Principles of Microeconomics (70), American Government (69), Straighterline Accounting II (90%)

[/SIZE]
Yes, there is a DSST exam labeled Principles of Public Speaking. It is a two part test.

The first part is the written exam; the second part is you have to give a speach. After you're finished with the first part, they give you the topic, your audience, and the type of speach. Then you have 5-minutes to prepare (I think 5-minutes, but it couldn't have been more than 15-minutes).

You have to give the speach to a tape recorder and it must be no less than 3-minutes and no more than 5-minutes long. That much I remember for sure. If you are outside those time limits, you automatically fail. I know I did a horrible job on mine and still passed this part, but I missed the written part by 2-points; so study.

My topic was on should high school students be required to wear uniforms? My audience was I think 20-25 year-old college students. I forget the speach type. You have to chose a side and try to convince the audience of your point of view. Tougher than it sounds when you're given the topic with little time to prepare.

Good luck!
I took the Public Speaking DSST exam less than two weeks ago. Am still waiting on the results. My topic was that you should take a position with supporting arguments on your view of a 12-month school year. My audience was college age students 19-30 years old. I spoke for 4min15sec, so right in the middle of the alloted time.

The written test consisted of 84 questions and didn't have a time limit. It dealt with things like logic fallicies (ad hominem, general to specific, slippery slope, bandwagon, etc), relating to your audience, different types of speeches (informative, after-dinner, etc), and things of that sort. Also, if you are going to take this test, look up the Toulmin model and the Monroe Sequence. Two important ones to know.

Anyway, good luck! Hope it helps.

`Dakota
"I am a firm believer in luck. The harder I work, the more I have of it" ~Thomas Jefferson

"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun rises; not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else." ~C.S. Lewis

"The greatest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it." ~John Ruskin

"A man is like a fraction whose numerator is what he is and whose denominator is what he thinks of himself. The larger the denominator, the smaller the fraction" ~Tolstoy
thanks for the quick reply, hope you passed. I took it a long time ago but I didn't study and missed it by a point
Is this test under the course list? I can't find it at all
I stopped by just because the title implied there's only one female in the forums. I'm pretty sure we have more than that Wink

In answer to your question though, InstantCert doesn't have any flashcards for this one, but here's the Specific Feedback thread on it which has some great information - http://www.degreeforum.net/specific-exam...c+Speaking
[SIZE="2"]
-Justin
PMP, CISSP, A+, Sec+, MCDST, ITIL
Total Credits Earned: 162

www.Free-Clep-Prep.com - (with Forum Admin's permission)

[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XAMK question k-k-k-katy 63 8,784 09-09-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: wow
  Question about admission hueyhoang 3 358 08-31-2024, 10:35 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Prerequisite and credit transfer question kblue6494 4 288 08-29-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: kblue6494
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 6 1,987 08-28-2024, 10:42 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Question about TESC credits robertturner 0 233 07-25-2024, 03:09 AM
Last Post: robertturner
  Question about LawShelf TINASAM 6 509 07-04-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  RBA degree question Jennr2z 19 4,080 12-14-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,858 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  EdX MicroBachelors letter grade question cardiacclep 3 852 12-28-2022, 08:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Transferology question - how to find ACE and NCCRS? katsiki 4 734 10-09-2022, 01:37 PM
Last Post: dfrecore