Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with the fastest/cheapest option for a BALS
chào em, anh ngồi đây từ chiều

Yeah so... I was very close, I had a feeling you wanted to continue in the education field but change positions slightly, instead of Early Childhood Education, you're focusing on either Admin or Teaching ESL.  There are so many ways to get into Teaching ESL Overseas!  If you want, my first recommendations of going the UMPI/Walden combo will still work, you just need to add to that a TEFL/TESL or TESOL certification!  When looking for TEFL/TESL/TESOL certification, there are a few accreditation agencies to review - anything found online and not accredited properly, SKIP them!  Furthermore, you don't really need a Masters, I would focus on the Bachelors first.  If you want a Masters, there are a few educational institutions such as ACE.edu, WGU, and more offering Masters in Education degrees...

For online certs, If they're not on this list, I highly recommend running from that company, so review their accreditation agencies.
ACCET (Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training)
Accreditat (Accreditation of TEFL & TESOL)
ACTDEC (Accreditation Council for TESOL Distance Education Courses)
ALTE (Association of Language Testers in Europe)
British Council (This is different than the BAC)
IATEFL (International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language)
ODLQC (Open and Distance Learning Quality Council)
OFQUAL (The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation)
TESL Canada (TESL professional programs and certifications)
TQUK (Training Qualifications UK)
WTEFLAC (The World TEFL Accrediting Commission)

I used to recommend American TESOL Institute of Florida as they had ACE recommendation for credit and approved in Florida & Georgia, but since 2019, they haven't renewed their ACE recommendation for credit.  So, I would choose something else as they don't have secondary recognition from agencies above either.  You would not believe it but there are some Groupons for TEFL/TESOL certifications and a few of them have accreditation from agencies I have mentioned - this includes the $19-$39 ones we've talked about in one of our threads. 

My advice and recommendation is this: 1) Finish any courses you can with Sophia.org/Study.com that can be transferred into UMPI and complete courses that can't be transferred at UMPI - you need to take at least 30 credits from UMPI, I would transfer the max if possible and take whatever is remaining at UMPI.  2) Decide on a TEFL certification, you might want to go for "The TEFL Academy" as I now recommend this because they have DEAC AQC, - just like Sophia.org/Study.com, in addition to their UK accreditation, and they're super affordable!  Link: https://www.deac.org/AQC/Approved-Providers.aspx
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • park0902

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree planning advice, fastest way, need help Bikingrox211 19 1,334 04-06-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Bikingrox211
  Fastest & Easiest UMPI Bachelor's shawnette 8 381 04-05-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
Question Is UMPI my most affordable option? tastyoat 12 581 03-18-2024, 06:00 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Best option for bachelors Taochoa90 1 267 02-20-2024, 04:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Finding my best option for BABA or Psych (or IO) JPeG 18 1,375 12-11-2023, 05:13 PM
  Other good option for me? Ncerva 21 2,053 11-22-2023, 12:26 PM
Heart Tired of my lack of degree holding me back- please help me plan fastest completion! pipitavivita 7 1,070 11-22-2023, 11:22 AM
  Looking for Quickest and cheapest path to a BS in Business fozzy3o 24 1,793 10-12-2023, 11:01 AM
Last Post: fozzy3o
Question Fastest online bachelor’s degree SmugKitten 6 1,429 10-02-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Duneranger
  I Want A Bachelor's Degree Which Path Is The Fastest For Me?? jrose963 15 1,587 08-18-2023, 05:06 PM
Last Post: jrose963