Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with my Degree plan
I'm looking at doing the exercise science bachelor's from Concordia St. Paul and I'd like to test out of as many classes as possible. After that, I'd like to take as many as I can through places like Straighterline etc. Faster/cheaper.

I'm at a loss for how to figure out which tests will be accepted for which classes. (Edit: I found some resources and figured out some of the CLEPS to take. Included those below.)

A little about me...if this helps: Strengths/interests are anything artsy/creative, English, Spanish etc. Weaknesses are science/math. Wherever possible I'd like to go with options that play to my strengths/interests.

Below are degree requirements and what I've figured out so far. Any help on the cheapest/best way to do this would be very appreciated. Thanks!

General Education Requirements:
Writing (4 credits required)
Literature (4 credits required) - Analyzing and Interpreting Literature - CLEP
Communication (4 credits required)
History/Political Science (4 credits required) - History of the United States I - CLEP
- Must take either History or Political Science course (4 credits required)
Global Studies (4 credits required) - Spanish I - CLEP
- Must select from the following areas: World Religion, Modern Language, Intercultural Studies, World History or Macroeconomics
Social Science/Behavioral Science (4 credits required) - Introductory Sociology - CLEP
- Must take either an Intro. or General Psychology or Sociology
Fine Arts (4 credits required)
-2 courses from 2 different areas required
*Fine Arts - Art Area
*Fine Arts - Music Area
*Fine Arts - Theatre Area
Health and Physical Education (3 credits required)
-Must take personal Health course
Natural Science (5 credits required)
Mathematics (3 credits required)

Exercise Science Requirements: (Not sure if I can test out of any of these or take the courses somewhere else)
Health Psychology
Exercise Physiology
Epidemiological Foundations
Motor Dev, Control, & Motor Learn
Sport Business
Biomechanics
Applied Nutrition
Senior Semina
r

Elective Requirements:
36 Elective credits
All I did was Google Concordia St. Paul and CLEP, then I tried it with DSST.

It looks like CLEP is the only guarantee. Their CLEP equivalency list is here: CLEP Exams

Their longer policy is here: Transferring Credit

Based off of that info, although I just skimmed it, it looks like they accept up to 96 transfer credits, but don't specify a different limit for credit by exam.

You can use the chart to look up courses against your degree plan. I am sure you can cover a decent amount of your degree with CLEP. Skimming both makes it look like you can cover all of the elective and general education requirements except the Fine Arts and 'Personal Health' requirements.

Most likely you will have to do the actual exercise science requirements, those two general education requirements, or find replacement courses they except elsewhere. I would think you could use CLEP for everything else.

Good luck!
Educational Goal: MBA by Spring 2018
B.S. in Business Administration, COSC, Expected Winter 2015, Started May 30, 2015

Upcoming:
Fall Courses (9c): COSC BUS 201: Business Statistics | BYU ENGL 316: Technical Writing | BYU Psych 330: Organizational Psychology
Progress (89/120c):
8/16/2015 COSC (3c): IDS 101 Cornerstone: A
8/08/2015 UExcel (6c): Research Methods in Psychology: A | Social Psychology: A
7/20/2015 UExcel (6c): Human Resource Management: A | Labor Relations: A
7/06/2015 CLEP (6c): American Government: 63 | Principles of Microeconomics: 73
7/02/2015 UExcel (3c): Organization Behavior: A
6/19/2015 DSST (9c): Business Ethics and Society: 453 | Environment and Humanity: 444 | Substance Abuse: 427
6/15/2015 CLEP (12c): Information Systems: 77 | Introductory Business Law: 71 | Principles of Marketing: 71 | Principles of Management: 73
6/12/2015 Transfer Credits post Academic Forgiveness (44c): Community College: 36c | AP: 8c
cptdilbert Wrote:All I did was Google Concordia St. Paul and CLEP, then I tried it with DSST.

It looks like CLEP is the only guarantee. Their CLEP equivalency list is here: CLEP Exams

Their longer policy is here: Transferring Credit

Based off of that info, although I just skimmed it, it looks like they accept up to 96 transfer credits, but don't specify a different limit for credit by exam.

You can use the chart to look up courses against your degree plan. I am sure you can cover a decent amount of your degree with CLEP. Skimming both makes it look like you can cover all of the elective and general education requirements except the Fine Arts and 'Personal Health' requirements.

Most likely you will have to do the actual exercise science requirements, those two general education requirements, or find replacement courses they except elsewhere. I would think you could use CLEP for everything else.

Good luck!

Perfect! Thanks!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree plan help RajSingh 9 407 09-12-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: RajSingh
  OSU Post-Bacc BSCS degree name about to change sialiblo 8 1,470 09-11-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: elytrarowlock
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 347 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 32 8,715 08-29-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  Already a software engineer, degree worth it? mahaganapati 40 6,191 08-16-2024, 03:32 AM
Last Post: Leojames26
  Spanish courses for Spanish degree rachel83az 19 2,364 07-24-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Affordable Math degree for non-US (international) citizen OtterDen 22 1,587 07-17-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  Online Electrical Engineering Degree OtterDen 5 751 07-09-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  U.S. Department of Education considers a degree as a high school equivalency ArshveerCheema 15 1,901 05-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Teen walks at graduation after completing doctoral degree at 17 lisarox 9 882 05-17-2024, 11:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy