Your Location: USA
Your Age: 42
What kind of degree?: Bachelor
Budget: $5,000
Commitments: I work full time and I have a wife
Dedicated time to study: Monday-Friday about 4 hours a day. Sat and Sun 7-8
Timeline: ASAP
Tuition assistance/reimbursement: None
Goal?: Obtain a Degree to check a box. I have over 24 years of management experience and the lack of degree is preventing me from moving into Director level positions. 

RA Credits / Other: One real estate class from a California Community College
RE-40 Real Estate Principles

Sophia Learning Credits:
Intro to Ethics
Human Biology
Human Biology Lab
Environmental Science
Visual Communications
Art History II
Intro to Business 
Microeconomics
Macroeconomics
Intro to Statistics
Intro to Nutrition
Microbiology
Project Management
Visual Communications

Any certifications or military experience?
Google Project Management
Google IT Support Professional
Google Digital Marketing & E-commerce

I am currently taking English Comp I through Sophia. I have just submitted my last touchstone for that course. I plan on taking workplace writing II after. I am also enrolled in US history I. I will be completing Spanish and Intro to Sociology through Sophia as well. I should have everything complete by the 24th by my estimation.
Any direction you all could provide would be great. I was leaning towards the BLS with a Management or Project Management Minor. I heard there is a Business Administration Minor but can’t find it on their UMPI’s site. I don’t want to take the BABA because it would involve more classes taken through UMPI. I am trying to finish in 2 sessions max. 
I'm a little confused. Whichever degree you choose, you will have to take 30 credits at UMPI. Why would the BABA involve more classes through UMPI?
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
When starting from scratch, the only thing you can save by getting a BLS degree is a few courses from Study.com. 

BABA Project Management
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...egree_Plan

BABA Marketing
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...egree_Plan
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(09-09-2024, 02:01 PM)davewill Wrote: I'm a little confused. Whichever degree you choose, you will have to take 30 credits at UMPI. Why would the BABA involve more classes through UMPI?

Wouldn't the BABA be more than 30 at UMPI because of the BLS allows you to transfer more in the way of electives. The BABA plan is more restrictive or am I wrong? Also I am not interested in taking any courses at study.com. Not keen on paying for or taking proctored exams.
(09-09-2024, 05:52 PM)Samhain408 Wrote: Wouldn't the BABA be more than 30 at UMPI because of the BLS allows you to transfer more in the way of electives. The BABA plan is more restrictive or am I wrong? Also I am not interested in taking any courses at study.com. Not keen on paying for or taking proctored exams.

No, there are enough ACE courses available to fulfill all but 30 credits* for either degree. Yes, you might need a couple of courses from Study.com to make the BABA, and that's a legitimate reason to avoid it, I suppose. However, I wouldn't let that make my mind up for me. I'd get the degree that fits my needs the best.

Personally, I think a Business Administration degree looks tons better than a Liberal Studies degree on a resume, but perhaps that doesn't apply so much to your situation.

*Actually, there are plenty of courses to fulfill almost the whole thing, but UMPI won't take more than 90.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Basically, it won't really matter which way you swing things, you can do the BLS with a minor or two and ladder up to the UMPI MAOL later, if you want to go into Director or higher, having the MAOL would be very similar to having an MBA...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Master's Degree Options dm.hans32 5 370 Today, 12:49 AM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Degree advice pls starsfan33 9 135 Today, 12:13 AM
Last Post: starsfan33
  Tamuc & WGU planning advice onward25 10 210 Yesterday, 11:15 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Request for Advice on Selecting a University for My Bachelor's Degree Evoluvin 10 296 Yesterday, 10:56 PM
  Degree planning advice needed, all opinions welcome Lucidus 5 259 09-20-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Lucidus
  Bachelors Degree Planning Guidance intergalacticyam 6 267 09-19-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Bachelor Degree Help envirodude 2 212 09-18-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  UMPI BLS degree planning advice MCMDF79 10 557 09-17-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MCMDF79
  Hello Everyone, How Does My Degree Plan Look? karlvon 4 308 09-14-2024, 10:12 PM
Last Post: karlvon
  recommendation for fastest bachelor degree? BrendaB 4 314 09-13-2024, 08:14 PM