Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help to finding A degree/plan.
(03-09-2018, 11:09 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(03-09-2018, 09:45 AM)Danielp Wrote:
(03-09-2018, 12:40 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(03-09-2018, 12:13 AM)Danielp Wrote: Is there somewhere where I can see which other SL Business courses goes into the Core?

And for the BSBA I NEED College Algebra?

Accounting I & II, Business Law, Prin of Mgmt, Business Comm - al SL core classes.

Yes, you need College Algebra or higher (Precalc, Calc, etc.).  And statistics.

Guess i'll pick precalc then. 

I'm trying to look for business courses that I can use for the degree. I've completed all besides business comm, is there any other I should get besides those mentioned?

Sorry, I'm confused.  Are you getting a BSBA or is something else going on?

I'm leaning towards a BSBA yes, but i'm also exploring other options. Isn't a BS in Professional studies similar?
(03-09-2018, 12:47 PM)Danielp Wrote: I'm leaning towards a BSBA yes, but i'm also exploring other options. Isn't a BS in Professional studies similar?

I certainly wouldn't say that. If someone wants a business grad, then you really need a business degree. I think you'd find yourself explaining what a Professional Studies degree is to lots of people.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(03-09-2018, 01:38 PM)davewill Wrote:
(03-09-2018, 12:47 PM)Danielp Wrote: I'm leaning towards a BSBA yes, but i'm also exploring other options. Isn't a BS in Professional studies similar?

I certainly wouldn't say that. If someone wants a business grad, then you really need a business degree. I think you'd find yourself explaining what a Professional Studies degree is to lots of people.

Yeah, but i'm going to use it to get a Masters degree. What is the requirements for a proffesional studies degree? I guess it opens the same ways.
(03-09-2018, 12:13 AM)Danielp Wrote: Is there somewhere where I can see which other SL Business courses goes into the Core?

Also macroeconomics, microeconomics, financial accounting, and managerial accounting. They can be a little hard if someone doesn't like math. Although they aren't exactly math.

(03-09-2018, 02:08 PM)Ideas Wrote:

Also macroeconomics, microeconomics, financial accounting, and managerial accounting. They can be a little hard if someone doesn't like math. Although they aren't exactly math.

I've done all besides financial accounting. Can I take financial accounting from SL?
(03-09-2018, 02:23 PM)Danielp Wrote:
(03-09-2018, 02:08 PM)Ideas Wrote:

I've done all besides financial accounting. Can I take financial accounting from SL?

The BSPS is very different from the BSBA.  It's more like a BALS, with some flexibility in the AOS for someone who may have some unusual credits (paramedic, police officer, fashion design school, culinary school, etc.).  I personally am not a fan if you don't already have the credits that you can't use in a BSBA or BALS.

It might be best if you put the credits you have up, so we can help.  I don't want to go through 12 pages of posts to see what happened all the way through.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I'm still waiting for a few foreign courses to get reviewed, but this is what i've done so far:

English Composition I (SL)
Principles of Management (SL)
Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct
Self-Study Course for Community Safety Educators
Developing Effective Teams
The Essentials of Managing Conflict
Cyber Security for Business Professionals
Cyber Security for Everyone
Cyber Security for IT Professionals
Accounting I (SL)
Accounting II (SL)
American Government (SL)
Business Law (SL)
Business Statistics (SL)
Cultural Anthropology (SL)
Information Technology Fundamentals (SL)
Introduction to Communication (SL)
Introduction to Criminal Justice (SL)
Introduction to Environmental Science (SL)
Introduction to Nutrition (SL)
Introduction to Psychology (SL)
Introduction to Religion (SL)
Introduction to Sociology (SL)
Macroeconomics (SL)
Microeconomics (SL)
Organizational Behavior (SL)
United States History I (SL)
United States History II (SL)
Western Civilization I (SL)
Western Civilization II (SL)

These are the courses i've done so far.
The BSPS is really a degree for someone who is coming in with a high number of professional college credit in one area of study (that doesn't fit nicely in another program). dfrecore gave some good examples of career paths that might apply.  That is their Specialized Career Track option, what this type of degree was created for.  And although they do offer a BSBP Professional Career Track it is far less flexible than a BSBA when it comes to the AOS (LL & UL) requirements.   Once you apply to TESU they can evaluate you for both the BSBA and the BSPS, just note it I found it took months for them to complete the BSPS evaluation; and you have to fill out a completely extra form to pick your track before the evaluation for it even begins (https://www.tesu.edu/business/bsps/track-selection.cfm).

Based on the credits you have posted, your existing credits fall far more inline with the BSBA
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(03-09-2018, 03:38 PM)Danielp Wrote: I'm still waiting for a few foreign courses to get reviewed, but this is what i've done so far:

Accounting I (SL)
Accounting II (SL)
American Government (SL)
Business Law (SL)
Business Statistics (SL)
Macroeconomics (SL)
Microeconomics (SL)

So you've done nothing UL for a BALS, and you've done nothing that won't fit into a BSBA - why in holy heck would you not just get a BSBA?  That is a MUCH better and more useful degree than a BSPS.  There's just no reason to get a BSPS in your case.  At this point, it just feels silly to discuss one.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(03-09-2018, 08:07 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(03-09-2018, 03:38 PM)Danielp Wrote: I'm still waiting for a few foreign courses to get reviewed, but this is what i've done so far:

Accounting I (SL)
Accounting II (SL)
American Government (SL)
Business Law (SL)
Business Statistics (SL)
Macroeconomics (SL)
Microeconomics (SL)

So you've done nothing UL for a BALS, and you've done nothing that won't fit into a BSBA - why in holy heck would you not just get a BSBA?  That is a MUCH better and more useful degree than a BSPS.  There's just no reason to get a BSPS in your case.  At this point, it just feels silly to discuss one.

Doesn't Org behavior count as UL for a BALS?

I'm not quite sure what degree atm, but I made it so far that I haven't wasted any credits and that every credit fits into any degree.. But I think the BSBA is the most useful one for sure or communication.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,546 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 3,193 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,809 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 3,017 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 5,512 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 3,021 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 5,697 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 2,186 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,614 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,990 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero