Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Having to switch schools and have questions.
I am currently attending SNHU with 6 classes left, however I have reached my maximum limit with student loans. The cost to attend SNHU is $2000 a semester and I simply cant swing that out of pocket, which tbh sucks because I have really enjoyed this school. I have tried private loans but need a cosigner and dont want to put that burden on someone I have also reached out for some scholarships and waiting to hear back.

Basically I am wondering what a good but cheaper school would be? I have did some reading up on the forums and read about Luna, a few other online community colleges but my main issue is needing some sort of payment plan.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
OMG how in the world did you manage to max out student loans??? May I ask how much you owe for a degree you didn't finish?

What exact courses do you need to complete to finish at SNHU? Maybe a CLEP or DSST? Transfer-and-Other-External-Credit-UC
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
I have absolutely no idea tbh I attended a "bad school" for a semester that took $40,000 from me but it was supposed to be given back since they got into legal trouble with the actual gov and I also consolidated them so when I looked at the nslds.ed website it showed that I had an extra $23,000 taken out as well.

So basically $54,000 for a Bachelors now granted when I first started college I completely washed out but when I returned a few years later I have done good.

I have 542.164% used up and two semesters left.

$19,298- consolidated unsubsidized
$23,682 consolidated subsidized
I'm not sure you will ever be free.

At any rate what classes are you missing? Most traditional schools will require 30 credits in residence (10 classes). one of the Big 3 will certainly work, but there are fee's associated with that too. I would explare every alternative to finish in place.
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Basically I have 6 classes left that are my concentration classes they are 6 classes that can differ from concentration to concentration. Im on the phone with them right now to talk more options, I may end up asking the parents for cosigner or having to put things on hold for a little while.
What are the six classes for your particular concentration that you need
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
IT-201 Q5060 Computer Platform Technologies
LIT-229 X5732 World Mythology - yay for english electives
IT-100 Q4245 Introduction to Info Tech - boo to useless classes

I spoke to my advisor over the phone and I am good until the last 3 classes thank God that cuts down on my cost out of pocket to $3000 in all (versus the $6000) I may be able to swing that if I start saving up now.
Right off the bat, you can take CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications for $80 + proctor fee (probably around $25) and SNHU transfer that in as IT-100
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Following the link I posted above might lead you to credit by exam that would satisfy some of the requirements.

You might also look at CSU-Pueblo and University of Idaho online independent studies classes that can be completed for around $500/course.

Beware SNHU has specific rules about transferring credit in the final 12 hours of enrollment.
AS in EMS August 2010

Thank you both very much I will look into those options and cross my fingers Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  any Cert-free schools? pluggingalong 2 300 08-24-2024, 09:44 PM
Last Post: pluggingalong
  Are discussion questions becoming irrelevant with AI?? Vle045 26 1,254 08-19-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Which schools accept NCCRS? wow 12 535 08-17-2024, 07:22 AM
Last Post: wow
  The American Dream Academy Closing 4/30 Questions SophiaPrincess 14 2,534 05-08-2024, 12:15 AM
Last Post: upgrayedd
  College will cost up to $95,000 this fall. Schools say it’s OK LevelUP 3 453 04-26-2024, 05:36 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Questions regarding IDSS (through the MITx micromaster for data science path) blablablox 0 504 03-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: blablablox
Exclamation Schools that list A+'s on transcript in any way? JumbledSpirit 3 700 02-19-2024, 06:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 947 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Switiching schools Joellem 14 1,115 09-27-2023, 10:22 AM
Last Post: Joellem
  Unaccredited degree assembled from courses at accredited schools elcastor21 1 554 09-26-2023, 12:07 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77