Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone used the "paved method" audio files for CLEP or DSST review
I discovered some interesting audio review materials on Youtube. Its called the paved method, using audio instead of flashcards. I'm interested in any experiences with the material. It appears to me that they are reading the actual questions in the exam as they only give the correct answer to the question. Maybe I'm missing part of the system.

My next exam is humanities, one of their audio questions is "which of the instruments is not brass?" answer is Mandolin. (no indication of the other instruments) Since I can access audio more often than reading or flashcards I was considering it as an approach as it also is strongest learning method.
Don't forget that gaining college credit by taking exams is one of the reason's we're here. That's mainly possible through the flashcards made available by the owner of this forum : InstantCert Plus of course your hard work in learning and reviewing
Current Credits

Irish Education

FETAC Level 6 Adv Cert in Admin

Spreadsheets 5 U.S credits A ,Word Processing 2.5 U.S credits A
Business Management 5.0 U.S credits A Web Authoring 2.5 U.S credits A Communications 5.0 U.S credits A Manual and Computerized Bookkeeping 2.5 U.S Credits A

ECDL (European Computer Drivers License) ICS SKILLS 5 credits

Strayer University Marketing 100 (paid for by Starbucks) A 4.5 quarter hours
CLEP U.S History I 74, U.S History II 69, Western Civ II 61, Western Civ I 64, HG&D 60, Humanities 60, biz law 67,Am Gov 57.
DSST: Biz ethics & s 450, Art WW 424
EC CCS 120 A , EC ENG 101 A, EC BUS 312 H.R A , EC ENG 102 A,
B&M ACC 151 B, B&M ACC 152 (starting) Nat Scies,
I don't have experience with these particular files, but I used to use audio files in my car. For me personally, they worked better than flash cards.

There was one specific series I got for free off of learnoutloud.com for the Intro to Religions course. Each lesson started out with "you will learn..." and ended with "you have learned...". I listened in my car and in bed. It was the primary study material I used. I ended up almost getting 500 on the exam (I can't remember exactly, but I remember it was really high).
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Found this from last year

http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...views.html
TESU BSBA General Mgmt 6/10/16 Wink
TESU: TECEP Public Relations Thought & Practice - 82
Penn Foster: Financial Mgmt 94, International Business 97, Strategic Mgmt 98, Corporate Finance 99, Consumer Behavior 95, Human Resource Mgmt 99
Saylor: Business Law & Ethics 82, Corporate Communication 76, Principles of Marketing 72
Sophia: Intro to Sociology 90, Conflict Resolution 87, Project Mgmt 88
Straighterline: Principles of Mgmt 94, Organizational Behavior 88, American Government 92
The Institutes: Ethics and the CPU Code of Professional Conduct (free 2 CR)

COSC - Associate of Science Honors General Studies 2014
COSC - Cornerstone - A
Straighterline: Into to Religions A, Business Ethics B, West. Civ. I B, Intro to Env. Science B
CLEP: A&I Literature - 69
I am not familiar with paved method learning tools either.

My best learning methods are auditory and tactile. I love audio files! I used ICs mp3 files when available, or just read the text (ex IC flashcards, textbook chapter summaries, practice tests) into my digital recorder and saved the files to my ipod. I could then listen while in the car and whenever time was available during the day. It cool because you don't have to try so hard, I just listen until the topic clicks for me...once it digests (comprehending the concept vs memorizing) testing is so much easier for me.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
bricabrac Wrote:I am not familiar with paved method learning tools either.

My best learning methods are auditory and tactile. I love audio files! I used ICs mp3 files when available, or just read the text (ex IC flashcards, textbook chapter summaries, practice tests) into my digital recorder and saved the files to my ipod. I could then listen while in the car and whenever time was available during the day. It cool because you don't have to try so hard, I just listen until the topic clicks for me...once it digests (comprehending the concept vs memorizing) testing is so much easier for me.

thanks Briabrac, thats what I usually do, record the slides onto a dictaphone and listen while I do other stuff. Last exam was 61hrs on my dictaphone, trying to shorten the compilation times if I can. I'm trying to see if anyone else used the information before I make a purchase as their samples seem to indicate they are reading from a book yet eliminates the choices which might appear in a book.
Don't forget that gaining college credit by taking exams is one of the reason's we're here. That's mainly possible through the flashcards made available by the owner of this forum : InstantCert Plus of course your hard work in learning and reviewing
Current Credits

Irish Education

FETAC Level 6 Adv Cert in Admin

Spreadsheets 5 U.S credits A ,Word Processing 2.5 U.S credits A
Business Management 5.0 U.S credits A Web Authoring 2.5 U.S credits A Communications 5.0 U.S credits A Manual and Computerized Bookkeeping 2.5 U.S Credits A

ECDL (European Computer Drivers License) ICS SKILLS 5 credits

Strayer University Marketing 100 (paid for by Starbucks) A 4.5 quarter hours
CLEP U.S History I 74, U.S History II 69, Western Civ II 61, Western Civ I 64, HG&D 60, Humanities 60, biz law 67,Am Gov 57.
DSST: Biz ethics & s 450, Art WW 424
EC CCS 120 A , EC ENG 101 A, EC BUS 312 H.R A , EC ENG 102 A,
B&M ACC 151 B, B&M ACC 152 (starting) Nat Scies,
EI2HCB Wrote:thanks Briabrac, thats what I usually do, record the slides onto a dictaphone and listen while I do other stuff. Last exam was 61hrs on my dictaphone, trying to shorten the compilation times if I can. I'm trying to see if anyone else used the information before I make a purchase as their samples seem to indicate they are reading from a book yet eliminates the choices which might appear in a book.

Wow, 61hrs is a lot of information! Well this option sounds interesting, maybe its an abridged version of the text? Please stop back with a review if you purchase. Members are always on the hunt for study materials.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
I used the InstantCert audio files for the tests that had them. I'm a much better audio learner than visual. I wish I'd had more of that resource at the time.
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

GoodYellowDogs Wrote:I used the InstantCert audio files for the tests that had them. I'm a much better audio learner than visual. I wish I'd had more of that resource at the time.

I never noticed that some tests had these. Unfortunately they are only available for tests that I do not need Sad
Currently studying for: Still deciding.

Done!
2020 - Harvard Extension School - ALM IT Management 
2019 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Data Science
2018 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Cyber Security
2016 - WGU - MBA Mgmt & Strategy
2015 - Thomas Edison State College - BSBA Marketing & CIS
Pavedmethod.com offers their audio study guides for free which is pretty cool. I went ahead and bought their official study guides and it was in pdf format. I bought the Civil War and Reconstruction DSST Official Study guide and downloaded their free Civil war and reconstruction dsst audio study guide. The audio was much shorter but cool to listen to at night before bed. The study guide i bought in pdf format had has 338 questions with answers and detailed reasoning for each answer. I used mainly the pdf study guide and passed my test. The audio study guides did not have as many questions and answers so I am guessing that is why they are free.
mladen720 Wrote:????

I think these posts are fishy

the only posts this person has ever made and all 3 of them are for a product

it is possible this is member is just being helpful, but it seems awful spammy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2U, the OPM That Includes edX, Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Jonathan Whatley 11 897 07-31-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  DSST Scoring Wait Time TestMan314 0 169 07-18-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: TestMan314
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 8 1,798 05-18-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Spyrine
  DSST practice Exams for BUS LAW II? doloresramirez 6 455 05-06-2024, 02:38 AM
Last Post: doloresramirez
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 667 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Education Department to review guidance allowing revenue-share agreements with OPMs LevelUP 0 449 02-18-2023, 06:02 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Art of the Western World, Has anyone taken the DSST? jessjoy23 26 7,048 02-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Danielcraig007
  Sophia review Pre-WGU gams007 0 766 02-02-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: gams007
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 2,178 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 1,046 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore