Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone ever used Pathstream?
I just discovered them.  They do not have a ton of courses, but they have a few that seem interesting.  They are ACE accredited for mostly LL courses, but I am looking at a few.  I would like to find someone that has already taken a course/courses with them.  

https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...0d3a363daf

https://www.pathstream.com/programs
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dorothy44's post:
  • Pikachu
I never heard of them before but they don't look cheap. A certificate costs $2400.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(05-31-2021, 07:05 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I never heard of them before but they don't look cheap. A certificate costs $2400.

I could not find a cost.  Thanks.  I saw scholarships, but not that info.  That is way too much!

(05-31-2021, 07:08 AM)Dorothy44 Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 07:05 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I never heard of them before but they don't look cheap. A certificate costs $2400.

I could not find a cost.  Thanks.  I saw scholarships, but not that info.  That is way too much!

Ha!  I just found it after I sent the above to you.  https://www.coursereport.com/schools/pathstream
This does seem interesting, but alas, it is too costly for the certificate. I see they're providing/targeting specific Business type mini certificates.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Dorothy44
(05-31-2021, 10:33 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: This does seem interesting, but alas, it is too costly for the certificate.  I see they're providing/targeting specific Business type mini certificates.

They could be a place to keep an eye on.  Hopefully they will get even more funding in the future to become a better option.
Many of those courses wouldn't fill the major requirements. They may come in as electives. But they would be REALLY expensive electives. You can complete certificates like these for way cheaper with LinkedIn Learning, Udemy, Coursera, etc. No they're not ACE credit, but they're also not over 2 grand. I'm completing a certificate on Coursera right now for free. My state made Coursera free to residents. So I am doing the Construction Project Management Certificate. It doesn't have ACE credit, but it has Columbia University's name on. I've made several connections on LinkedIn because of the courses so there's value in that as well.

ETA: Google now has a few certificates and they are inexpensive. There's also the Hubspot Academy if you're looking for social media, business analytics, etc. certificates. These are from on Hubspot Academy.
[-] The following 3 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • BrianFallon, Dorothy44, Pikachu
(05-31-2021, 01:52 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Many of those courses wouldn't fill the major requirements. They may come in as electives. But they would be REALLY expensive electives. You can complete certificates like these for way cheaper with LinkedIn Learning, Udemy, Coursera, etc. No they're not ACE credit, but they're also not over 2 grand. I'm completing a certificate on Coursera right now for free. My state made Coursera free to residents. So I am doing the Construction Project Management Certificate. It doesn't have ACE credit, but it has Columbia University's name on. I've made several connections on LinkedIn because of the courses so there's value in that as well.

ETA: Google now has a few certificates and they are inexpensive. There's also the Hubspot Academy if you're looking for social media, business analytics, etc. certificates. These are from on Hubspot Academy.

I was actually interested in the LL Marketing courses they offered.  I can find all the UL Marketing on SDC, but the Digital Marketing on SDC has 3 assignments that are NOT easy, and I can take it LL somewhere else.  I was just looking around.  I haven't heard about Hubspot?  I wonder if they would work for TESU?
(05-31-2021, 09:51 PM)Dorothy44 Wrote: I was actually interested in the LL Marketing courses they offered.  I can find all the UL Marketing on SDC, but the Digital Marketing on SDC has 3 assignments that are NOT easy, and I can take it LL somewhere else.  I was just looking around.  I haven't heard about Hubspot?  I wonder if they would work for TESU?

Hubspot Academy is not ACE approved.
(05-31-2021, 09:51 PM)Dorothy44 Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 01:52 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Many of those courses wouldn't fill the major requirements. They may come in as electives. But they would be REALLY expensive electives. You can complete certificates like these for way cheaper with LinkedIn Learning, Udemy, Coursera, etc. No they're not ACE credit, but they're also not over 2 grand. I'm completing a certificate on Coursera right now for free. My state made Coursera free to residents. So I am doing the Construction Project Management Certificate. It doesn't have ACE credit, but it has Columbia University's name on. I've made several connections on LinkedIn because of the courses so there's value in that as well.

I was actually interested in the LL Marketing courses they offered.  I can find all the UL Marketing on SDC, but the Digital Marketing on SDC has 3 assignments that are NOT easy, and I can take it LL somewhere else.  I was just looking around.  I haven't heard about Hubspot?  I wonder if they would work for TESU?

Not for nothing, but should not a course equivalent be at least a little challenging?  I'm sure you can get the SDC assignments done.

Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes BrianFallon's post:
  • ss20ts
(06-01-2021, 08:19 AM)BrianFallon Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 09:51 PM)Dorothy44 Wrote:

Not for nothing, but should not a course equivalent be at least a little challenging?  I'm sure you can get the SDC assignments done.

Smile
Thank you for the encouragement.  Our family has done many challenging SDC course equivalents, but if something is allowed to be LL, then why have to do it the hard way?  She is allowed 6 credits LL, and all the ones left on SDC are upper level.  I have 2 sons that already took the same course.  I am very familiar with it.  I just was looking if there was something different that could be used for my daughter.  She will do it if needed though.  She is very sharp and in her senior year of college TESU.