Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone ever used Pathstream?
Is it for the Marketing BSBA? If so, you only need 9 UL marketing credits + 6 LL ones. SDC has exactly 6 LL credits plus a handful of UL ones.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • Dorothy44, Pikachu
Hmm, wait, all the TESU BSBA AOS's require 12 UL and 6 LL for a total of 18 in the AOS. For those who like writing, you can take all the UL at Study.com, for those who don't like writing, you can take some of the Davar courses such as Principles of Sales/Selling, etc. And for those who want to splurge on just the exams, TECEPS can be done for the entire AOS.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Dorothy44
(06-01-2021, 08:41 AM)Dorothy44 Wrote:
(06-01-2021, 08:19 AM)BrianFallon Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 09:51 PM)Dorothy44 Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 01:52 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Many of those courses wouldn't fill the major requirements. They may come in as electives. But they would be REALLY expensive electives. You can complete certificates like these for way cheaper with LinkedIn Learning, Udemy, Coursera, etc. No they're not ACE credit, but they're also not over 2 grand. I'm completing a certificate on Coursera right now for free. My state made Coursera free to residents. So I am doing the Construction Project Management Certificate. It doesn't have ACE credit, but it has Columbia University's name on. I've made several connections on LinkedIn because of the courses so there's value in that as well.

ETA: Google now has a few certificates and they are inexpensive. There's also the Hubspot Academy if you're looking for social media, business analytics, etc. certificates. These are from on Hubspot Academy.

I was actually interested in the LL Marketing courses they offered.  I can find all the UL Marketing on SDC, but the Digital Marketing on SDC has 3 assignments that are NOT easy, and I can take it LL somewhere else.  I was just looking around.  I haven't heard about Hubspot?  I wonder if they would work for TESU?

Not for nothing, but should not a course equivalent be at least a little challenging?  I'm sure you can get the SDC assignments done.

Smile
Thank you for the encouragement.  Our family has done many challenging SDC course equivalents, but if something is allowed to be LL, then why have to do it the hard way?  She is allowed 6 credits LL, and all the ones left on SDC are upper level.  I have 2 sons that already took the same course.  I am very familiar with it.  I just was looking if there was something different that could be used for my daughter.  She will do it if needed though.  She is very sharp and in her senior year of college TESU.

Since this is for your daughter, what does she think she should do for her degree?

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
[-] The following 1 user Likes BrianFallon's post:
  • ss20ts
(06-01-2021, 02:31 PM)BrianFallon Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 09:51 PM)Dorothy44 Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 01:52 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Many of those courses wouldn't fill the major requirements. They may come in as electives. But they would be REALLY expensive electives. You can complete certificates like these for way cheaper with LinkedIn Learning, Udemy, Coursera, etc. No they're not ACE credit, but they're also not over 2 grand. I'm completing a certificate on Coursera right now for free. My state made Coursera free to residents. So I am doing the Construction Project Management Certificate. It doesn't have ACE credit, but it has Columbia University's name on. I've made several connections on LinkedIn because of the courses so there's value in that as well.

ETA: Google now has a few certificates and they are inexpensive. There's also the Hubspot Academy if you're looking for social media, business analytics, etc. certificates. These are from on Hubspot Academy.

I was actually interested in the LL Marketing courses they offered.  I can find all the UL Marketing on SDC, but the Digital Marketing on SDC has 3 assignments that are NOT easy, and I can take it LL somewhere else.  I was just looking around.  I haven't heard about Hubspot?  I wonder if they would work for TESU?

Not for nothing, but should not a course equivalent be at least a little challenging?  I'm sure you can get the SDC assignments done.

Smile
Thank you for the encouragement.  Our family has done many challenging SDC course equivalents, but if something is allowed to be LL, then why have to do it the hard way?  She is allowed 6 credits LL, and all the ones left on SDC are upper level.  I have 2 sons that already took the same course.  I am very familiar with it.  I just was looking if there was something different that could be used for my daughter.  She will do it if needed though.  She is very sharp and in her senior year of college  TESU.

Since this is for your daughter, what does she think she should do for her degree?

She makes all her own decisions.  I just research all the options.
(06-01-2021, 05:38 PM)Dorothy44 Wrote:
(06-01-2021, 02:31 PM)BrianFallon Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 09:51 PM)Dorothy44 Wrote: I was actually interested in the LL Marketing courses they offered.  I can find all the UL Marketing on SDC, but the Digital Marketing on SDC has 3 assignments that are NOT easy, and I can take it LL somewhere else.  I was just looking around.  I haven't heard about Hubspot?  I wonder if they would work for TESU?

Smile
Thank you for the encouragement.  Our family has done many challenging SDC course equivalents, but if something is allowed to be LL, then why have to do it the hard way?  She is allowed 6 credits LL, and all the ones left on SDC are upper level.  I have 2 sons that already took the same course.  I am very familiar with it.  I just was looking if there was something different that could be used for my daughter.  She will do it if needed though.  She is very sharp and in her senior year of college  TESU.

She makes all her own decisions.  I just research all the options.
I'm probably in the minority here when it comes to parents doing the work for their child (adult or minor) in researching classes or developing a degree plan.

I tend to think the student should do that stuff- unless you are going with them to work or agreeing to co-own their business. 

Part of the journey is the research, understanding the process, and, yes, trial and error.  

I wish you luck in your research and your child luck in their degree.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BrianFallon's post:
  • ss20ts
You did not, but it perhaps just reinforces my existing bias.

I would follow the existing templates and the wiki that many have put hours into.

It is rare new providers can outshine those that have been thoroughly vetted by folks on here.

Again,I wish you luck in the research and her luck in her work to earn her degree.

(06-01-2021, 06:44 PM)BrianFallon Wrote: You did not, but it perhaps just reinforces my existing bias.

I would follow the existing templates and the wiki that many have put hours into.

It is rare new providers can outshine those that have been thoroughly vetted by folks on here.

Again,I wish you luck in the research and her luck in her work to earn her degree.

I am doing no different than a college advisor and letting her know what is available.

Actually, I think it was just discovered there is a small problem in the templates that is being worked on.  Plus, no one had ever heard of Pathstream, so obviously there is room for "motherly" discussions even on this board with "biased" people.

Let me just end this by saying... I am EXTREMELY GRATEFUL to all the people that have helped me here. You are a wonderful group of people that go out of your way to help strangers, and my family has been very blessed. I wish this entire thing could be deleted, but I want you to know that you are greatly appreciated for all you do!
(06-01-2021, 06:39 PM)Dorothy44 Wrote: Funny thing is, I am not the only Mom here doing this either.  I have been messaged by others.  I probably included too much info, but please keep your mother/daughter opinions/judgements to yourself.  I am only doing the work of any advisor in a local college.

I've never had an advisor at a college research courses or look for places for me to take a course. I always had to meet with them and bring a list of what I wanted to take. I had to know what I needed for my degrees. That's part of being a college student.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • BrianFallon
(06-01-2021, 09:55 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(06-01-2021, 06:39 PM)Dorothy44 Wrote: Funny thing is, I am not the only Mom here doing this either.  I have been messaged by others.  I probably included too much info, but please keep your mother/daughter opinions/judgements to yourself.  I am only doing the work of any advisor in a local college.

I've never had an advisor at a college research courses or look for places for me to take a course. I always had to meet with them and bring a list of what I wanted to take. I had to know what I needed for my degrees. That's part of being a college student.

If my college advisor did all the work for me, I would have finished college when I was 22 in my first go around.  The more I see of new providers, the more I am convinced that one need not "reinvent the wheel" and look at new ones.  The wiki and plans are solid and they work.  Follow the paths of those before you.  

I guess I am a bit biased against the parent doing the work and presenting the child with the material, or dropping later in the thread that it is actually for the child.  Reverse it - let the student do the work and be available as the parent as a sounding board.  That's just my opinion - others are free to disagree.

And I guess I still shake my head at the "keep your opinions to yourself" crowd.  You voluntarily post things on an internet board - you accept the idea that someone would disagree and voice a different opinion.

Who knew.
(06-01-2021, 10:05 PM)BrianFallon Wrote: If my college advisor did all the work for me, I would have finished college when I was 22 in my first go around.  The more I see of new providers, the more I am convinced that one need not "reinvent the wheel" and look at new ones.  The wiki and plans are solid and they work.  Follow the paths of those before you.  

I guess I am a bit biased against the parent doing the work and presenting the child with the material, or dropping later in the thread that it is actually for the child.  Reverse it - let the student do the work and be available as the parent as a sounding board.  That's just my opinion - others are free to disagree.

And I guess I still shake my head at the "keep your opinions to yourself" crowd.  You voluntarily post things on an internet board - you accept the idea that someone would disagree and voice a different opinion.

Who knew.

My advisor was not my problem when I went to college at 18. I was the first in my family to go to college and no one was supportive. I had to work full time and go to school full time. My commute to school was over an hour each way every day. I grew up in a very abusive home - physically and mentally. It was not a a good situation. 

I'm always leery of the search for new providers. We know what ones already work and what is accepted. Sometimes it's just easier to go with what is known than take a chance...especially when finances are very tight for most people. 

I agree with you that the child/student should be the one doing the research. They're going to have to learn how to research to write papers in college anyway. This gives them some practice. By them doing the research, they also see ALL of the options available to them not the handful that their parent narrowed down for them. They may find that a Zombies Lit class from XYZ provider is accepted for a UL course and Vampire TV Show class is considered an art class. They may be far more interested in these 2 classes than they would be about Jane Austen or Emily Bronte or Shakespeare or Art History. If they're interested in the class, there's a higher chance of them completing it and completing it quicker. Getting the classes actually done is the hardest part. Finding them is easy.