Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any coupon clippers here?
With all these frugal collegiate minds around here, there's got to be someone who can run me down the internet coupon world! That is, how to find the worthwhile coupons and websites for them while avoiding the scams and time wasters.

While we're at it, how about the best physical papers for coupons? Any other sources?

Moreover, coupon friendly stores? Are some better than others?

I don't currently have a printer, but if I can save $100 or so with coupons from the 'net then it would pay for itself, wouldn't it? Big Grin

YouTube - Massachusetts family of 6 lives off $4/wk for food
[SIZE="1"]BS General Business, March 2010

CLEP College Algebra 51
CLEP Natural Sciences 63
CLEP Social Sciences and History 59
CLEP A&I Lit. 74
CLEP Intro to Sociology 67
CLEP Info Systems and Computer App. 58
CLEP Intro to Psychology 66
CLEP Intro to Business Law 64
CLEP Principles of Management 73
CLEP Principles of Marketing 63
CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics 61
CLEP Principles of Microeconomics 62
DSST Fundamentals of Counseling 49
DSST Principles of Supervision 61
DSST Substance Abuse 441 (Pass)
DSST Business Law II 67
DSST Management Information Systems 436
DSST Principles of Statistics 466
DSST Principles of Finance 435
DSST Civil War and Reconstruction 57
DSST Criminal Justice 431
ECE English Comp C :mad:
ECE World Population A
ECE Ethics, Theory and Practice A
ECE Organizational Behavior A
ECE Human Resource Management B
EC Business Policy B
Straighterline Accounting I B
Straighterline Accounting II B
CSU Pueblo Ops Management A
[/SIZE]
This is where I get mine: (Mods, let me know if I"m out of line posting this link here--I'm only a customer of the site)

The nations largest source of Grocery Coupons, maunfacturer Coupons and Printable Coupons.

I'm not a dedicated, systematic shopper with these, but they do save me money when I use them. One funny thing about this, however, is that they list Gluten Free Coupons near the bottom of the page. None of my usual coupons have ever caused me to consider switching to gluten-free ones.

The ladies who do this seem to be very nice, and the service is quick.

Good luck!
Sandy

TESC, AAS in Environmental, Safety, & Security Technologies, 2012
TESC, BA Plain Vanilla Liberal Studies, 2012 Smile
JanusthePhoenix Wrote:With all these frugal collegiate minds around here, there's got to be someone who can run me down the internet coupon world! That is, how to find the worthwhile coupons and websites for them while avoiding the scams and time wasters.

While we're at it, how about the best physical papers for coupons? Any other sources?

Moreover, coupon friendly stores? Are some better than others?

I don't currently have a printer, but if I can save $100 or so with coupons from the 'net then it would pay for itself, wouldn't it? Big Grin

YouTube - Massachusetts family of 6 lives off $4/wk for food

Me! I'm a major coupon girl, but I have a system or two Smile I average about $50 per week for a family of 6 and we buy tons of fish, milk, and produce which is the bulk of that cost- however, I also have a big garden and put up some of it in the freezer or dehydrator for winter. My cost includes TP, cat litter, shampoo, soaps, etc...so I think I do well.
If you get a UPromise card (free) you can put the coupons on electronically- no need for printing. Also, some of the standard printer coupons are for higher priced items, meaning there are lower prices elsewhere without coupons! (eg. brand name cresent rolls are never cheaper than store brand even with double coupons- you'll find a lot of examples like this)

One simple technique to use is the Sunday paper coupons. Set the aside for 2 weeks- the stores cycle sales on a 2 (or 3) cycle delay. For example- say you want to buy Chex Mix. My regular store price is $1.50 per bag. A coupon might come out today for $ .50 off- well hang onto it. In about 2 weeks, Chex mix will be on sale for $1 at my store (Jewel). Now, I can buy all I want for $ .50 each (assuming I saved my coupons and cut more than 1).
cookderosa Wrote:Me! I'm a major coupon girl, but I have a system or two Smile I average about $50 per week for a family of 6 and we buy tons of fish, milk, and produce which is the bulk of that cost- however, I also have a big garden and put up some of it in the freezer or dehydrator for winter. My cost includes TP, cat litter, shampoo, soaps, etc...so I think I do well.
If you get a UPromise card (free) you can put the coupons on electronically- no need for printing. Also, some of the standard printer coupons are for higher priced items, meaning there are lower prices elsewhere without coupons! (eg. brand name cresent rolls are never cheaper than store brand even with double coupons- you'll find a lot of examples like this)

One simple technique to use is the Sunday paper coupons. Set the aside for 2 weeks- the stores cycle sales on a 2 (or 3) cycle delay. For example- say you want to buy Chex Mix. My regular store price is $1.50 per bag. A coupon might come out today for $ .50 off- well hang onto it. In about 2 weeks, Chex mix will be on sale for $1 at my store (Jewel). Now, I can buy all I want for $ .50 each (assuming I saved my coupons and cut more than 1).

Didnt know you could do that with Upromise. I will have to check my account.
Im tired of having my keychain look like a jingling advertisement for stores. So it will be nice to carry around one card.
[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="4"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Arial Narrow"]"Oh, get a job? Just get a job? Why don't I strap on my job helmet, and squeeze down into a job cannon and fire off into job land, where jobs grow on jobbies!" Its always sunny in Philadelphia.

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Arial Narrow"]tesc credit banked
FEMA IS courses- alot

Aleks completed-many of them

Cleps:Spanish 67

Associates in psychology UOP
TESC BA in psychology[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

attempting currently
Masters in counseling

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Amazon book sale coupon code - HOLIDAY30, 30% off any printed book OfficerA 1 1,315 11-27-2014, 01:40 PM
Last Post: lavagirl
  Any good coupon sites out there? Shadowless 3 1,589 03-19-2008, 08:04 AM
Last Post: jec959