Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gradebook sanity arrives in September
Star 
TESU email Wrote:Enhancements Coming to the Gradebook in Moodle Courses
Changes to the 'Grades' tab in Moodle LMS rolling out in September.

Beginning with the September 2021 term, students in online courses will see a current average of their graded assignments that is more reflective of their course progress to date.

Previously, scores under the 'Grades' tab were calculated based on all assignments even before they were due. This included assignments that were yet to be submitted with zero ("0") placeholder scores. Students will now get a clearer picture of where they stand as their course progresses based on the assignments they have submitted. Beginning with the September term, the displayed grade will be weighted only against the assignments that were due up to that point.

This change in the Moodle LMS assignment grading system will begin for students enrolled in the September term. Students currently enrolled in June, July, and August 2021 terms will complete their courses under the former structure. To familiarize enrolled students with the new format, the University has integrated a visual tour in the 'Grades' section of Moodle courses.

This message arrived in my inbox this morning. I'm thrilled that TESU is FINALLY making this change. Now it will be much easier to understand grade status.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
Was that email to your personal email inbox or for one of the courses you're taking? I didn't get the email... as I have no courses or TECEP exams with them at the moment... hmm, interesting, great stuff to know!
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
The email was sent by enrolled@tesu.edu to my firstname.lastname@students.tesu.edu email (automatically forwarded to my personal email) Wednesday morning with the title "Changes Coming to the Moodle Course Gradebook"
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
Personally, I would prefer to know what my grade would be if I stopped doing assignments right then (old way). But I guess more people prefer the new way.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Looks like they just clicked a button in the Moodle LMS admin that did this change.  I would like to see the grades both ways.

They probably won't do this but it would be nice if they made a custom plugin that when you did a forum post in a TESU course that it would automatically put your name & the discussion forum name automatically so we don't have to type this in manually.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • rachel83az
(08-26-2021, 02:56 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Personally, I would prefer to know what my grade would be if I stopped doing assignments right then (old way). But I guess more people prefer the new way.

I'd appreciate if they showed both like ASU ULC, but I strongly prefer the new approach being the default grade displayed. I'll admit that I didn't expect some people to like the old way. In the example situation you provided, it does make sense.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jch's post:
  • rachel83az
It would be nice if they showed both! At least it shouldn't be too difficult to just calculate the over-all grade if you need to. But, if I get sick, it's nice to be able to figure out if I can easily skip an assignment or two with minimal impact to my grade or if I need to at least submit something.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Rachel, I took the initiative and emailed TESU about it. Here's what they had to say:
TESU email Wrote:First, thank you for the positive feedback! While I do agree with you on all accounts, we don't have a way currently to display both types. That would be nice - even a way to toggle between them. Maybe one day! I do appreciate the suggestion. Thanks for reaching out.

Seems like Moodle doesn't have this capability, but they'll look for it in the future.
Cool, thanks for emailing them. It's too bad that Moodle doesn't allow that functionality.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In September enrolled, sent transcripts, got evaluation - Need help navigating mahaganapati 7 1,091 02-11-2022, 09:22 PM
Last Post: mahaganapati
  TESU September 2019 Grads Supermind 20 3,593 10-16-2019, 12:28 AM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool
  TESU September grads Cheeseburrito 15 3,725 10-04-2018, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Supermind