Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google IT Support Certificate Renewed
Hello everyone. 
I cannot express how thankful I am to all of you people involved in this forum. Because of you I am making another attempt at obtaining a degree - something depression and anxiety does not allow me to fulfil in a traditional environment, including regular online education. I will in the future update on my experience. Now I am working towards a Pierpont BOG A.A.S, following the guide very strictly. I am pleased to report that today I had my ACTFL OPI exam on my first language (Bulgarian). Currently waiting for the score and I hope it will be max (12 credits?) or close. Time will tell if Pierpont will accept these credits and then I'll see what UMPI (or TESU) has to say about it. 

Without wasting much more of your time, I'll go to the point.
On the ACE page for the Google IT Support Professional Certificate we read "Dates Offered: 9/1/2019 - 8/31/2022". What exactly does that mean? Say, if I start the course tomorrow and I manage to finish it by the end of the month but I apply to Pierpont in September will they still take the credits? What if I do not manage to finish the course by the end of the month, will it not show up on Credly at all? I am confused if I should start the course at all at this point as I am certain it will probably take me all of September to finish everything for Pierpont. Please, advice me.

Once again, thank you all who contribute to this forum and all the guides. The hope you are giving people like me is immeasurable.
(08-02-2022, 04:51 PM)Chankosumo Wrote: On the ACE page for the Google IT Support Professional Certificate we read "Dates Offered: 9/1/2019 - 8/31/2022". What exactly does that mean? Say, if I start the course tomorrow and I manage to finish it by the end of the month but I apply to Pierpont in September will they still take the credits? What if I do not manage to finish the course by the end of the month, will it not show up on Credly at all? I am confused if I should start the course at all at this point as I am certain it will probably take me all of September to finish everything for Pierpont. Please, advice me.

ACE recommendations for credit apply as long as you earn the credits in the recommendation window. If you complete a course outside of a recommendation window, it will not be eligible for credit.
I expect this recommendation will be renewed, but it's possible there will be a gap. If there is, I wouldn't recommend finishing your professional certificate during that gap.
(08-02-2022, 04:51 PM)Chankosumo Wrote: Hello everyone. 
I cannot express how thankful I am to all of you people involved in this forum. Because of you I am making another attempt at obtaining a degree - something depression and anxiety does not allow me to fulfil in a traditional environment, including regular online education. I will in the future update on my experience. Now I am working towards a Pierpont BOG A.A.S, following the guide very strictly. I am pleased to report that today I had my ACTFL OPI exam on my first language (Bulgarian). Currently waiting for the score and I hope it will be max (12 credits?) or close. Time will tell if Pierpont will accept these credits and then I'll see what UMPI (or TESU) has to say about it. 

Without wasting much more of your time, I'll go to the point.
On the ACE page for the Google IT Support Professional Certificate we read "Dates Offered: 9/1/2019 - 8/31/2022". What exactly does that mean? Say, if I start the course tomorrow and I manage to finish it by the end of the month but I apply to Pierpont in September will they still take the credits? What if I do not manage to finish the course by the end of the month, will it not show up on Credly at all? I am confused if I should start the course at all at this point as I am certain it will probably take me all of September to finish everything for Pierpont. Please, advice me.

Once again, thank you all who contribute to this forum and all the guides. The hope you are giving people like me is immeasurable.

They should renew the course, but if you finish the course before the expiration date and then transfer it to your Credly then you will be ok.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
@Chankosumo, which state do you reside? If you're not a citizen but a PR, this BOG AAS will work for you. If you're an international student on a temp student visa, you might not get admissions into the program.

If you complete the Google IT certificate within the dates of 9/1/2019 - 8/31/2022, you will have the ACE recommendation. If it is outside of those dates, you will either NOT have the ACE recommendation OR a change in that recommendation, say for example, it becomes upper level or lower level, or changes to the number of credits attainable.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-02-2022, 05:25 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @Chankosumo, which state do you reside?  If you're not a citizen but a PR, this BOG AAS will work for you.  If you're an international student on a temp student visa, you might not get admissions into the program.

I am a naturalized US citizen (currently living in Illinois) and I still have my country of birth citizenship too. There should be no issue there I believe. I have to figure out if I should start the Google IT support certificate now ... I am waiting the 1 credit ASU course (which is part 1 from the Google IT Support cert) to be graded and it seems to take a while ... if the other 4 parts have grading too I am not sure if I'll make it ...
(08-02-2022, 05:38 PM)Chankosumo Wrote: if the other 4 parts have grading too I am not sure if I'll make it ...

When I did the Google IT Support certificate on Coursera, there was no grading. I completed the assignments to a level that I felt would get a good grade, just in case, but I'm not sure if anyone actually reviews them. I have experience in IT, so I was able to complete everything in six days (evenings) while working full time, and I even took a day off. To save time I skipped anything that wasn't required.

I also completed the ASU UL 1-credit course, and grading took about 10 days. Then they sent me an email every night for five months to notify me that the assignment was graded. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
So, yes, Coursera should be much faster - and cheaper!
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes origamishuttle's post:
  • rachel83az
I can't imagine Google not keeping the ACE accreditation on these.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • origamishuttle
I don’t think it’s up to Google to keep the ACE accreditation, but I would think ACE would renew them.
(08-03-2022, 09:20 AM)Pats20 Wrote: I don’t think it’s up to Google to keep the ACE accreditation, but I would think ACE would renew them.

Google can choose to reapply or not. They probably will, but one never knows. They have 6 certificates on Coursera, but only 4 have been ACE-evaluated. This could mean that they stopped seeing the value of ACE recommendation. Or it could mean that they're still working on the missing 2. No idea.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • origamishuttle, Pikachu
(08-03-2022, 09:59 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(08-03-2022, 09:20 AM)Pats20 Wrote: I don’t think it’s up to Google to keep the ACE accreditation, but I would think ACE would renew them.

Google can choose to reapply or not. They probably will, but one never knows. They have 6 certificates on Coursera, but only 4 have been ACE-evaluated. This could mean that they stopped seeing the value of ACE recommendation. Or it could mean that they're still working on the missing 2. No idea.
Right. I guess I just assumed that they would want ACE recommendation. But you’re right they could choose not to reapply.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Review: Coursera Google UX Design Certificate nyjosh 4 2,596 02-26-2024, 04:30 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  3 Additional Google Certificates Approved for ACE Credit MNomadic 8 1,042 02-02-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: lynnii2
  Did my first ever final exam on Study.com. Realized Google Chrome was still minimized Tyranova 2 797 08-13-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: Tyranova
  Google has released 10 free courses to master AI LevelUP 2 1,045 08-12-2023, 03:41 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Google Digital Marketing and E Commerce Professional Certificate now now ACE MNomadic 19 5,995 08-11-2023, 05:36 PM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  New Google Cybersecurity Professional Certificate LevelUP 5 1,388 06-15-2023, 12:32 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Google IT Support - course question and ACE rvm 2 949 01-29-2023, 05:08 PM
Last Post: rvm
  Google IT Badge revoked ReyMysterioso 5 2,131 01-29-2023, 07:50 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  sophia's customer support sucks braven 6 1,269 11-27-2022, 05:59 PM
Last Post: ashkir
Information Free 6 Month Subscription to Coursera Google, Facebook, & IBM, It Certs Experience LevelUP 22 4,598 11-22-2022, 08:25 PM
Last Post: scottlefoll