Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Global Warming/Climate Change/Big Farce!
I have been so amused over the past couple of months as the global warming folk have just had the bottom fall out on them. From Copenhagen getting snowed in during the big conference, to Climategate, to the opening of the Global Warming office being delayed by snow, to one of the coldest and snowiest winters in recent memory not just here but all around the world, to the admission by one the world's leading climatologist's on BBC that we haven't warmed at all over the past 15 years and that the earth was actually warmer 700 years ago before the evil capitalists came along, I don't know if I could have scripted it better! Al Gore has got to be shellshocked, he has gone from the world's savior to a laughing stock in just 6 months.

I didn't believe in "manmade" global warming before this all happened but now who can? Even if it were true, why try to stop it? Just think of the ramifications, Greenland could become green! Iceland could be renamed, polar bears wouldn't have to live on ice, and the melting of the northwest passage would help our economy! If only it were so....

So what do you all think? Did the past couple of months change your mind? Confirm your suspicions? Or are we still going to bake? I didn't believe in "manmade" global warming before this all happened but now who can?

I do believe in climate change though, spring to summer, summer to fall, fall to... well you get it! :coolgleam:
Farmerboy Wrote:So what do you all think? Did the past couple of months change your mind? Confirm your suspicions? Or are we still going to bake? I didn't believe in "manmade" global warming before this all happened but now who can?
Amen to all you said. I competed with an anti-Global Warming Original Oratory during my last year in speech (NCFCA), so I agree completely with you: Man-made global warming? Yeah...sure.
[SIZE="1"]American Government (68) ~ Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (70) ~ Art of the Western World (72) ~ Astronomy (66) ~ ENG407: Chaucer (A) ~ Civil War & Reconstruction (69) ~ College Algebra (62) ~ College Mathematics (73) ~ College Writing (A) ~ English Composition with Essay (59) ~ GRE Literature in English (610/73%tile) ~ Humanities (75) ~ Introduction to Business (62) ~ Introduction to Computing (459) ~ Introduction to Educational Psychology (72) ~ Introduction to World Religions (478) ~ Introductory Psychology (74) ~ Money & Banking (48) ~ Research & Writing (A) ~ Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (68) ~ ENG 310: Short Stories (A) ~ Introductory Sociology (77) ~ Social Sciences & History (76) ~ Technical Writing (67) ~ US History I (69) ~ US History II (64) ~ Western Civilization I (76) ~ Western Civilization II (65) Western Europe Since 1945 (65) ~ Exam Feedback

Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]
The way it was explained to me was that warmer air holds more moisture, thus we have more precipitation.
[SIZE="1"]BS General Business, March 2010

CLEP College Algebra 51
CLEP Natural Sciences 63
CLEP Social Sciences and History 59
CLEP A&I Lit. 74
CLEP Intro to Sociology 67
CLEP Info Systems and Computer App. 58
CLEP Intro to Psychology 66
CLEP Intro to Business Law 64
CLEP Principles of Management 73
CLEP Principles of Marketing 63
CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics 61
CLEP Principles of Microeconomics 62
DSST Fundamentals of Counseling 49
DSST Principles of Supervision 61
DSST Substance Abuse 441 (Pass)
DSST Business Law II 67
DSST Management Information Systems 436
DSST Principles of Statistics 466
DSST Principles of Finance 435
DSST Civil War and Reconstruction 57
DSST Criminal Justice 431
ECE English Comp C :mad:
ECE World Population A
ECE Ethics, Theory and Practice A
ECE Organizational Behavior A
ECE Human Resource Management B
EC Business Policy B
Straighterline Accounting I B
Straighterline Accounting II B
CSU Pueblo Ops Management A
[/SIZE]
Then droughts world wide should be over! But seriously, the Sahara is the warmest place on earth, don't see to much rain there.
Investigate the differences between El Nino versus La Nina weather patterns. I think you find this of interest.

Here is a link for a site for kids: El Nino | La Nina | Weather Pattern | 2007 | Forecasts | Effects | Flooding | Storm

Interesting that it mentions an El Nino weather pattern cycle in 1789 where over 600,000 people died in India -- long before we could have caused these kinds of problems.

Next investigate El Nino versus La Nina and input hurricane. You may find this of interest as well.

Happy hunting from chilly S. Fla.

Judy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  change board's search criteria ?? bluebooger 7 605 07-17-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Possible Career Change - Advice Needed acamp 23 2,578 04-24-2024, 07:17 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  Humans may be fueling global warming by breathing: new study LevelUP 12 645 04-17-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Global Private Tutoring Alpha 1 556 11-01-2021, 02:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Does Global name impact? NewatTESU 7 1,544 09-19-2021, 05:02 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Global warming, human-caused climate change! bjcheung77 12 1,944 07-21-2021, 09:27 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  HP Instant Ink Program - May change next month bjcheung77 0 833 10-19-2020, 11:28 AM
  Regent's and Galileo Global Education complete new partnership bjcheung77 0 815 10-16-2020, 06:59 PM
  any way to change the search code ? bluebooger 3 1,282 01-13-2020, 05:14 PM
Last Post: mysonx3
  Purdue University Global: 2018 Article Exploring Purdue's Agreement with Kaplan PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 2 1,217 05-23-2019, 07:40 AM
Last Post: burbuja0512