Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Free College Credit from TEEX!
Do you guys know if I can retake TEEX courses after the end date?

thanks,
Louisr
louisr Wrote:Do you guys know if I can retake TEEX courses after the end date?

thanks,
Louisr

Can you elaborate on this? I'm not sure what end date you're referring to... I checked ACE and it's recommended for credit.
Are you referring to retaking the course to get a better score? I think you can do that right away if you feel it's not up to par.
You just need to "pass" the course with 70% for credit, you don't need anything higher than that to get 6 free credits.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thanks for your quick reply, bjcheung77

I enrolled in Teex courses almost 6 months ago, and now I have received an e-mail indicating that I need to complete them before the end date.

Louisr.
Just re-enroll. You'll get another six months, but I think you will lose any progress you've made.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Thank you guys for your responses.

Louisr.
Just to clarify, TEEX can be used as GEN ED electives at TESU, correct? Because I see most people using them as Free Electives and I do not need to fill any more Free Electives; only Gen Eds. I just want to make sure before I take them because I don't want to waste time/effort on something I can't use.
My journey to TESU BSBA-GM
The Institutes (2cr): Business Ethics
Liberty University (27cr): INFT, International Business, Apologetics, Microeconomics, Biology, Non-Profit Management, Financial Acct., Computer Apps, Managerial Acct.
Liberty University MOOC (3cr): US Hist
Study.com (39cr): American Government, Environmental Science, Sociology, Psychology, Labor Relations, Marketing with Electronic Media, Principles of Finance, Business Communications, HR Management, Civil War/Reconstruction, History of Vietnam War, Personal Finance, Introduction to Marketing
Straighterline (39cr): Western Civ II, Financial Accounting, Cultural Anthropology, AmHist I, AmHist II, Intro to Religion, Business Statistics, Principles of Management, English II, Business Law, Intro to Comm, Org. Behavior, Macroeconomics
ALEKS (3cr): College Algebra
TEEX (2cr): Cyber Security for Business Professionals
TESU (3cr): Strategic Management TECEP
UExcel (3cr): English 101
(08-24-2017, 06:32 PM)Gymfan15 Wrote: Just to clarify, TEEX can be used as GEN ED electives at TESU, correct? Because I see most people using them as Free Electives and I do not need to fill any more Free Electives; only Gen Eds. I just want to make sure before I take them because I don't want to waste time/effort on something I can't use.

Only 1 of the TEEX courses can be used as a Gen Ed Elective: Cybersecurity for Business Professionals comes in as CIS-344.

The other 2 come in as CAP courses, and can only be used as Free Electives unless they are approved under the CIS AOS (I think Cybersecurity for IT Professionals can be used in there).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thumbs Up 
Excelsior College accepted all 6 TEEX Cyber credits. Smile  

They applied 4 in my BS in HSEM degree.  They may have applied all 6, but I have a ton of excess Wink HSEM type of credits and they added other subjects.
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

(08-24-2017, 10:50 PM)Life Long Learning Wrote: Excelsior College accepted all 6 TEEX Cyber credits. Smile  

They applied 4 in my BS in HSEM degree.  They may have applied all 6, but I have a ton of excess Wink HSEM type of credits and they added other subjects.

That doesn't answer the question. The person already knows that TESU will accept all the TEEX courses. The question was whether any of them could be used in general education.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • jsd
ahh that makes more sense and aligns with what I thought I knew...thanks! Smile
My journey to TESU BSBA-GM
The Institutes (2cr): Business Ethics
Liberty University (27cr): INFT, International Business, Apologetics, Microeconomics, Biology, Non-Profit Management, Financial Acct., Computer Apps, Managerial Acct.
Liberty University MOOC (3cr): US Hist
Study.com (39cr): American Government, Environmental Science, Sociology, Psychology, Labor Relations, Marketing with Electronic Media, Principles of Finance, Business Communications, HR Management, Civil War/Reconstruction, History of Vietnam War, Personal Finance, Introduction to Marketing
Straighterline (39cr): Western Civ II, Financial Accounting, Cultural Anthropology, AmHist I, AmHist II, Intro to Religion, Business Statistics, Principles of Management, English II, Business Law, Intro to Comm, Org. Behavior, Macroeconomics
ALEKS (3cr): College Algebra
TEEX (2cr): Cyber Security for Business Professionals
TESU (3cr): Strategic Management TECEP
UExcel (3cr): English 101

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free Course Jacksonville State University a_dblu 61 12,162 Yesterday, 08:26 PM
Last Post: BritStudent
  2025 - College Rankings, 5 ups and 5 downs bjcheung77 0 88 09-25-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  free certificates in China lilyuzimu 2 196 09-24-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: wow
  Beginners Guide To Getting Cheap/Fast College Credit bjcheung77 17 173,544 09-16-2024, 07:29 PM
  Freshman College Comp w/essay mom2school 13 2,795 09-14-2024, 07:37 AM
Last Post: upgradelately
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 392 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Prerequisite and credit transfer question kblue6494 4 265 08-29-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: kblue6494
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 6 1,954 08-28-2024, 10:42 AM
  Self-paced online college without essay? Nickinspace 18 2,101 08-27-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: wow
  any Cert-free schools? pluggingalong 2 314 08-24-2024, 09:44 PM
Last Post: pluggingalong