Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Free College Credit from TEEX!
freedegreefree Wrote:The email I received moments ago:

"The TEEX courses that you mention do transfer over as CIS-344, CIS-299 and MAN-299, respectively.* However, none of these equivalencies classify as Natural Science or General Education electives.* While some computer courses do classify as Natural Science, these TEEX courses do not. Should you have more questions, please contact our office again.* Thank you."

So just to clarify, Somepme pursing a BSBA CIS or other Degree.

CIS-344. CIS-299 Will work for the CIS Electives?

MAN-299 will work for Business Electives?
Tayon Wrote:So just to clarify, Somepme pursing a BSBA CIS or other Degree.

CIS-344. CIS-299 Will work for the CIS Electives?

MAN-299 will work for Business Electives?

Yes that's how they came over on my initial evaluation for BSBA CIS
TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems - ~TBD~ (currently working toward)
TESC AAS Applied Computer Studies - September 2013 (finished in June 2013)

GENERAL EDUCATION
SL English Comp I/II ~Intro to Sociology
ALEKS ~Intermedia Algebra~College Algebra
CLEP Spanish 12cr (72)

COMPUTER career track
B&M 9 credits (computer classes)
CompTIA N+ A+ 4cr (core)
TEEX Cyber security courses 4cr (core)
DSST Intro to Computers 3cr (435)
PENN FOSTER Computer Applications 3cr

BUSINESS
TEEX Cyber security course 2cr (MAN-299)

ELECTIVES
FEMA 18cr
(PDS certificate)
sanantone Wrote:Information Security for Everyone, Cyber Law and White Collar Crime, and Cyber Ethics are counted as one course by ACE: Computer Security for Everyone. This is transcribed as CIS-299. Network Assurance, Digital Forensics Basics, Secure Software, and Information Security Basics are counted as one course by ACE: Computer Security for IT Professionals. TESC transcribes this as CIS-344. The rest of the modules are for Computer Security for Business Professionals or whatever it's called and TESC transcribes the course as MAN-299.

TESC probably did not screw you over when converting quarter hours to semester hours. Schools on the semester system rarely convert 4 credit hour courses to 3 credit hour courses. A 4 credit hour course is worth 2.67 credits. Schools on the quarter hour system usually require 180 or more credits for a bachelor's degree. Schools on the semester system usually require 120 or more credits for a bachelor's degree. To convert quarter hours to semester hours, divide by 1.5. In my opinion, the quarter hour system is stupid. You usually end up paying more for the same degree you could get elsewhere even when the quarter hour school charges a little less per credit.

This post was very helpful. Here is the source: TEEX Information Technology / Online Training

Non-Technical / General User (CIS-299)
AWR-175-W Information Security for Everyone
AWR-174-W Cyber Ethics
AWR-168-W Cyber Law and White Collar Crime

Technical / IT Professional (CIS-344)
AWR-173-W Information Security Basics
AWR-178-W Secure Software and Network Assurance
AWR-138-W Network Assurance
AWR-139-W Digital Forensics Basics

Managers and Business Professionals (MAN-299)
AWR-176-W Business Information Continuity
AWR-177-W Information Risk Management
AWR-169-W Cyber Incident Analysis and Response
Just to clarify I could use these as free electives right? I am getting a little burnt out on FEMA courses.
Aleks Beginning Algebra,intermediate algebra,college algebra,trigonometry,and working on statistics at the moment.

FEMA: 19 down so far!

Clep A and I lit.54
You sure can.
BA in Natural Sciences/Mathematics, 2013 - TESC - Arnold Fletcher Award
AAS in Applied Computer Studies, 2013 - TESC
116 B&M Credits
32 FEMA Credits
9 ALEKS Credits - Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Trigonometry
9 Straighterline Credits - Business Communication, Microeconomics, English Composition II
6 TESC Credits - Global Environmental Change
3 DSST Credits - Environment and Humanity
Bummer... I was hoping this would count as natural science..
I just read through this entire thread and was relieved to finally read the last two posts, as my primary interest in TEEX courses are for free elective credit now that FEMAs are no more. I'm needing to replace 27 credits of free electives for my degree so I'm definitely interested in any and all options.

Does anyone have any further thoughts on taking the TEEX Online / Cybersecurity Training courses and transferring them to TESC as free electives?
happydayruth Wrote:I just read through this entire thread and was relieved to finally read the last two posts, as my primary interest in TEEX courses are for free elective credit now that FEMAs are no more. I'm needing to replace 27 credits of free electives for my degree so I'm definitely interested in any and all options.

Does anyone have any further thoughts on taking the TEEX Online / Cybersecurity Training courses and transferring them to TESC as free electives?

TESC, I believe, accepts them on an ACE transcript. So, you'll have to "transcribe" them to your ACE transcript before forwarding them to TESC. That was what I did.
- Akintayo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AA General Studies, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

BSBA General Management, 2014 - Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Bachelor of Religious Studies, 2015 - NationsUniversity
Bachelor of Arts in Management - Leadership, 2016 - Patten University

Award:
Arnold Fletcher Award, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Graduate School
Master of Science in Management, MSc - The University of Economics in Bratislava - full time studies

ENMU MBA: 2 classes completed - discontinued as am now to attend a local university in Slovakia

65 Semester Hours from Obafemi Awolowo University
45 Credits from Straighterline
24 Credits from TECEP
13 Credits from Penn Foster College
12 Credits fro ALEKS
4 Credits from TEEX
Has anyone here used these with Excelsior? I searched the last few pages, didn't see Excelsior mentioned.
BS Liberal Arts progress - 105/120
Do the TEEX courses overlap the new DSST cybersecurity exam?
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free Course Jacksonville State University a_dblu 61 12,171 Yesterday, 08:26 PM
Last Post: BritStudent
  2025 - College Rankings, 5 ups and 5 downs bjcheung77 0 88 09-25-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  free certificates in China lilyuzimu 2 199 09-24-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: wow
  Beginners Guide To Getting Cheap/Fast College Credit bjcheung77 17 173,549 09-16-2024, 07:29 PM
  Freshman College Comp w/essay mom2school 13 2,795 09-14-2024, 07:37 AM
Last Post: upgradelately
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 392 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Prerequisite and credit transfer question kblue6494 4 265 08-29-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: kblue6494
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 6 1,955 08-28-2024, 10:42 AM
  Self-paced online college without essay? Nickinspace 18 2,101 08-27-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: wow
  any Cert-free schools? pluggingalong 2 314 08-24-2024, 09:44 PM
Last Post: pluggingalong