Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free CUNY 1-credit course - “Bridges to Health Careers/Emerging Trend in Healthcare”
This appears to be the last offering for this course in 2021.  It's four weeks, starting July 5.  But it's a completely free, 1-credit online course from CUNY!

More info here.
[-] The following 2 users Like ctcarl's post:
  • gams007, nomaduser
Awesome find! I love intro courses, especially if they provide credit...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • nomaduser
I couldn't see if it was graded or not, any idea?
(06-25-2021, 10:29 AM)axelsnoski Wrote: I couldn't see if it was graded or not, any idea?

It's pass/fail for anyone else who was wondering.
[-] The following 1 user Likes axelsnoski's post:
  • ctcarl
I was in the last cohort for this. It was pretty interesting I liked reading the articles, but I missed all of the zoom(it was called something else) meetings due to work, but it was still good. Hopefully they do this or something similar again.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

I was also in the last cohort. I did kind of participate in at least some of the zoom sessions. Currently, I'm trying to figure out how to access my academic record and send TESU a transcript. My blackboard login info doesn't work for the CUNYfirst portal, and none of the account recovery or activation options work for me either. I went ahead and ordered an electronic transcript via their Credentials-Solutions/Parchment portal, so we'll see how that goes. It cost about $10.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
(08-30-2021, 10:37 AM)jch Wrote: I was also in the last cohort. I did kind of participate in at least some of the zoom sessions. Currently, I'm trying to figure out how to access my academic record and send TESU a transcript. My blackboard login info doesn't work for the CUNYfirst portal, and none of the account recovery or activation options work for me either. I went ahead and ordered an electronic transcript via their Credentials-Solutions/Parchment portal, so we'll see how that goes. It cost about $10.
I haven't thought about that yet. I wonder how TESU will take it.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

Update: my transcript order was cancelled with the registrar comment "No record found" and supposedly I won't be charged for it.
Seems that this course isn't on my academic record. Per the course team's email on August 8, they would be processing the free 1 credit in the coming weeks. I don't know if they're still working on it or if there is some other issue.
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
Would it have to come from the Kingsborough side of things?

Long shot request: would anyone happen to have a copy of the PDF flyer for this program, EmergingTrendsHealthcare.PDF from way back in 2021?
The original link no longer works, the only copy in the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine is corrupt, and I don't have a copy in my archives. I have since learned my lesson about saving copies of course documentation, but I can't go into the past and grab this one.
Long story short, KBCC/CUNY reneged on the "free credit" part of this offer and added a bunch of conditions that were not disclosed at all until after you completed the program. MSCHE just got back to me requesting additional evidence and updates for its investigation. I have a copy of the program intro presentation slides, along with all of my emails regarding it. If anyone has any other items which I don't, please let me know.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Public health & technology TADA Ca residents Chimera 1 500 02-28-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  University of South Carolina - Free Certificates in Hospitality Management Maniac Craniac 5 1,422 02-15-2024, 12:56 AM
Last Post: BadSquirrelBeta
  Resource: spreadsheet of free courses from Ivy League universities NatsNerd 3 584 02-09-2024, 06:05 PM
Last Post: NatsNerd
  Rutgers - Free Certificate in Leadership & No-Blame Problem Solving Maniac Craniac 5 1,709 02-05-2024, 05:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Free Community Health Worker certificate at Berkeley City College staceydiane 12 2,021 02-01-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Free Certificate in Public Health Practice (w/6 course completion certs) Maniac Craniac 10 1,695 01-30-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: MFG
  HP & EdX - FREE Professional Certificate in Esports Mgmt, Game Design & Programming Maniac Craniac 11 1,118 01-22-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free Coding Certificate + Stipend TINASAM 0 497 01-14-2024, 09:05 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  ASU Sustainable Earth Business Sustainability Courses, Free Online Jonathan Whatley 3 611 12-26-2023, 04:45 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Gav 4 Free (Gavilan College) MissRN 14 4,754 09-18-2023, 09:13 PM
Last Post: Randyb100