Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finish College Fast/Pass Your Class
I'm new to studying for DSST/Exe exams for credit and came across IC and joined this site. Upon my reviews, I've noticed many people state they use other sources of information to pass their exams with IC (while others just stick with IC only). I like what I see on IC and intend to stay a member and would like to know from other members if the DSST study guides called Pass Your Class on the Finish College Fast website (Finish College Fast - Pass Your Clep Tests - Guaranteed!) are good sources to study with IC materials? I have also seen the Pass Your Class offered on EBay for cheaper than the website listed above. Please let me know soon as I got my first DSST class coming up in mid-June (Management Information Systems). Thanks.

Gary :confused:
Hi Gary, the passyourclass guides are not bad but most are pretty low in quality of their content. For example there are spelling and grammar mistakes in several places or lines are reprinted.
As you said, studying them along with IC (rather reading them a couple of times should be alright..but not necessary )
They are absolutely no match to IC notes, so never try to take an exam with their guide alone.
I have almost completed my BS and have used only IC and the input from this forum to pass most of my exams. I used Passyourclass for a few exams as an additional read after I finished with IC notes.
For MIS you can use IC only. If you have some computer knowledge, the exam is not bad.
Adoncia
fcgoates Wrote:I'm new to studying for DSST/Exe exams for credit and came across IC and joined this site. Upon my reviews, I've noticed many people state they use other sources of information to pass their exams with IC (while others just stick with IC only). I like what I see on IC and intend to stay a member and would like to know from other members if the DSST study guides called Pass Your Class on the Finish College Fast website (Finish College Fast - Pass Your Clep Tests - Guaranteed!) are good sources to study with IC materials? I have also seen the Pass Your Class offered on EBay for cheaper than the website listed above. Please let me know soon as I got my first DSST class coming up in mid-June (Management Information Systems). Thanks.

Gary :confused:

I used a PASSYOURCLASS study guide for the Biology CLEP. Let's just say that it was less than helpful. Thank God they had a guarantee so I could get my money back. Based on my one exam, I will not use their material again. Whether or not their material is up to snuff on other subjects, I don't know.
Big Grin Matymus Primehilarious
Waterloo, NY
Excelsior College
B.S. General Business, Class of 2008

Fall 2011 - currently pursuing Pre-Pharmacy
Save your money. I agree with the previous posters. For all the exams I've taken, the following method works well:

-Search this forum for all info relating to your test or tests.

-Use IC

-Take CLEP or DSST practice tests when available from publisher. Fill in any holes with Wikipedia and other online sources you'll find in other posts.

-Take 1-3 Peterson's tests. Again, see other posts for details re Peterson's practice tests.

Once you feel like you're getting 60%-70% of the answers correct--go take the test.
My Excelsior Journey
Bachelor of Science in General Business, cum laude
Excelsior College
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]On a scale from 1-10, with 10 being the best, I would give PYC guides a.........[SIZE="5"]4[/SIZE].........in terms of effectiveness.

If they were any good they would be listed below.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
I like to use the recommended text with the outline and the associated website. Most have practice exams too.

Used Pass Your Class for English Literature. Not a great resource. I read tons of material that wasn't on the exam, but I did learn a lot.
Crystal King
BS Liberal Studies 3.87
Preparing for GRE
Goal Master Library Science 2009

Ambition is the Path to success,
Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.
barcotta Wrote:-Search this forum for all info relating to your test or tests.

Great post!!! People can learn a lot by searching out the subject matter they're interested in and learning form other's experiences.
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free college for "Senior citizens" jb111 0 2 18 minutes ago
Last Post: jb111
  'Duped': Students of UA's new online college can't get jobs, say school misled them o smartdegree 9 379 Yesterday, 05:03 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Next Frontier for College Sports: Cornhole Scholarships LevelUP 1 142 07-01-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: lisarox
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 4 872 06-13-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 22 2,475 05-31-2024, 03:21 PM
Last Post: Thfuriene
  It Costs Over $10 Million in Opportunity Cost to Go to College LevelUP 7 572 05-20-2024, 05:26 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  F in high school but 4.0 college gpa Spyrine 4 404 05-18-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Could AI be the next college teaching assistant? Some Colorado professors believe so LevelUP 0 173 05-16-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Best Options For Fast Credits harrypotter 11 870 05-10-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: harrypotter
  College will cost up to $95,000 this fall. Schools say it’s OK LevelUP 3 334 04-26-2024, 05:36 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden