Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FEMA list of colleges with EM degree tracks
May already be in here, sorry:

Emergency Management Institute (EMI) | The College List - Emergency Management Programs - Distance Learning
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

That list has been around for a long time. I think you will find most of the schools on it are .1 expensive, and 2. Not really geared towards what we do here at IC (alternative test out education).

CLEP, SL, ACE....all of these have unique challenges at most of the FEMA member colleges. Many of those colleges will also require the FEMA IS courses to cycle through Frederick CC before they will award credit.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
rebel100 Wrote:That list has been around for a long time. I think you will find most of the schools on it are .1 expensive, and 2. Not really geared towards what we do here at IC (alternative test out education).

CLEP, SL, ACE....all of these have unique challenges at most of the FEMA member colleges. Many of those colleges will also require the FEMA IS courses to cycle through Frederick CC before they will award credit.

Rebel, is it pretty much the bottom line that they only 2 places you can directly send FEMA credit is COSC and FCC? (I understand some schools will allow you to launder through FCC, but I mean directly)
cookderosa Wrote:Rebel, is it pretty much the bottom line that they only 2 places you can directly send FEMA credit is COSC and FCC? (I understand some schools will allow you to launder through FCC, but I mean directly)

I don't monitor this like I used to, I would check with AMU/APU, Red Rocks CC in Colorado, Clakamus CC in Oregon, and Guam (their program was basically limited to folks in Guam, so actually throw it out...I only include it because you're one of the few folks I know who might actually be helping someone in Guam).

There was a four year school in Arkansas (Arkansas State maybe?) that had an interesting program. Problem with many of these is that while they take the credit, you have to also take traditional classes through them and in some instances State Emergency Mangement courses specifically offered by certain State agencies.

Someone here had great and encouraging things to say about the Clakamus offering. Otherwise I think COSC is still the place to go for FEMA use.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
rebel100 Wrote:Someone here had great and encouraging things to say about the Clakamus offering.

That was LifeLongLearning. I had been interested in getting an AAS from Clackamas, but I couldn't get it worked out with them.
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree plan help RajSingh 9 400 09-12-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: RajSingh
  OSU Post-Bacc BSCS degree name about to change sialiblo 8 1,463 09-11-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: elytrarowlock
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 341 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 32 8,696 08-29-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  Affordable online community colleges for non-residents nomaduser 30 6,937 08-21-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: lisarox
  Already a software engineer, degree worth it? mahaganapati 40 6,171 08-16-2024, 03:32 AM
Last Post: Leojames26
  Spanish courses for Spanish degree rachel83az 19 2,349 07-24-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Affordable Math degree for non-US (international) citizen OtterDen 22 1,581 07-17-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  Online Electrical Engineering Degree OtterDen 5 739 07-09-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  The 100 Most Popular Accredited Online Colleges for 2024 LevelUP 7 1,991 06-13-2024, 11:36 PM
Last Post: Tedium