Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F in LIB-495
Student decided a degree wasn't needed in life, stop doing the work, made F in LIB-495. A few years have passed, now student wants to graduate. Course history is SOS-110 D, SOS-110 A, LIB-495 F.

What's the best way out of this mess? Guided study or online? Teachers to seek or avoid?
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
Ah, I see the student redo the SOS-110 and got the A, good job! Hopefully the student can continue with the same momentum and get a similar grade for the LIB-495... There is only one way out of the mess, take the LIB-495 again. I would research the ratemyprofessor website and see which one seems best for the learner. Guided Study or Online would do, they need to decide either more assignments or more discussion posts/replies to posts, etc...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I definitely recommend James Cody, I'm at the end of the course and getting all 100 so far. It's pretty easy.
In Progress
Georgia Tech OMSCS Cool
Completed
TESU BA Computer Science & ASNSM Mathematics
Conferred: 09/2023
Excelsior University BS Psychology 
Conferred: 02/2023

[-] The following 3 users Like frankc's post:
  • davewill, LevelUP, origamishuttle
(05-31-2023, 10:24 PM)frankc Wrote: I definitely recommend James Cody, I'm at the end of the course and getting all 100 so far. It's pretty easy.

Prof Cody is great. He really wants you to succeed and gives great feedback.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 2 users Like davewill's post:
  • frankc, origamishuttle
(05-31-2023, 10:24 PM)frankc Wrote: I definitely recommend James Cody, I'm at the end of the course and getting all 100 so far. It's pretty easy.

James Cody has a very high rating on RateMyProfessor known for easy grading
https://www.ratemyprofessors.com/professor/1836175
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • frankc, origamishuttle
Thanks for the feedback. Does anyone know about GPA? It should be a 2.0 overall to graduate. I'm guessing an A in LIB-495 is a necessity at this point. Because of the F, might additional work be required to satisfy TESU the student is able to finish? I'm trying to think of any barriers that will delay things.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
I also highly recommend Augustus Black for 495. If you put in the work, he will make himself available 24/7 (literally) by phone to help you, answer questions, and ensure you succeed. If you get a poor grade on one of the assignments, he'll allow you to correct and resubmit.

I don't have any input on your GPA issue. Some schools will allow a retake to replace the low grade, others will not. Someone else may know more about TESU's policy.
[-] The following 2 users Like studyingfortests's post:
  • fmsoa, origamishuttle