Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
B.A. Liberal Studies easiest UL credits
I've decided to complete my B.A. Liberal Studies with TESC after much thought. I believe it will allow me great flexibility and the ability to enjoy completing my degree. This decision was made upon the basis that I intend on going directly into a grad program at TESC. With the degrees being 36 credits and less than 8k in tuition (plus books) I just feel like you cannot beat that. I'm only 30 credits away from a B.A. Liberal Studies and wanted a few suggestions of the easiest most enjoyable exams (or straighterline courses) that would fulfill my 18 credit UL requirements. Some of you gave me awesome Psychology suggestions in a previous thread and I intend on testing out on a few of those as I truly enjoy the subject.

I look forward to being a part of this forum and hope that we can all encourage each other along the way. I feel truly blessed to have stumbled upon such an unconventional way to complete my education and feel like it's never too late to go back to school after all.
I just took the Intro to workd religions today and got a 461, it is not a hard test if you use IC and study the notes from the exam page. Last week I took Substance abuse and got a 451, again not a hard test if you study IC and the exam page. I have also taking Organizational Behavior and Management Information Systems(both I believe count as UL Gen ed at TEASC for BALS. Please let me know if someone knows otherwise.), both did not seem hard, but again IC and the exam page. I have taken 10 Cleps/DSSt's in the past 3 months and all of them seem much easier with a bit of prep, IC and the feedback from the exam pages. Best of luck.
One of my easiest UL tests, which I believe will help in psych was Substance Abuse. It was such an interesting topic to study and even though the exam wasn't simple, it was so fun to study that I really didn't mind. I also don't know if this helps, but Management Info Systems was a pretty easy UL. I don't know if it would count for anything for your degree though...

The last one that I would say isn't horrible (though many here would disagree) was Business Law II. However, if you're not comfortable with legal language, it would be absolutely impossible. I'm in B2B sales and negotiate contracts for a living so it was not too bad. I'm also not sure if it would help with the liberal arts though.

Hope that helps and can't wait to hear more about your progress!
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
ISSA Certified Nutritionist
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
I second what was said about world religions and substance abuse. Both of those count as UL and I used them in my TESC BA/LS. The exams a very doable using IC cards and the study guides others have posted in the exam specific feedback, and the subject matter is interesting. The substance abuse test contains elements of psychology that you will find interesting as well if you enjoyed those other psych exams. I would also recommend ECE World Populations. I found the material fascinating and the test not so difficult, though a bit long at 130 questions or so. Vietnam was another test I tackled. The old threads make the exam sound daunting but that was under the old IC version 1. The newer flash cards plus the study guides in the exam specific thread make it very passable, that test was actually my best score of all 24 exams I took!

30 credits = 10 tests. You can do this, easy day!

BA/Liberal Studies, TESC 2011
AAS/Applied Electronic Studies, TESC 2010

Straighterline Bus Communication was UL for me Com 300 with TESC. I enjoyed it and it was a quick classs.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,877 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU transcript audit says 13 required credits through TESU? Rteurowise 8 2,302 09-05-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU "Overflow" Credits mysonx3 5 2,563 08-31-2018, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 5,428 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,856 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,062 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  New Member need assistance with TESU degree plan BA in Lib Studies PBenitez 14 3,877 08-11-2018, 02:21 PM
  Liberal Studies General Coursework won't be filled by BUS or CIS courses? posabsolute 5 1,880 08-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Lewis.Yim
  COSC Individualised Studies Question Tedium 12 3,107 08-01-2018, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tedium
  TESU - BSBA Easiest Path to Obtain for BS degree? acamp 9 2,858 07-27-2018, 10:48 AM