Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Humanities Quick Question
So i just decided today to take the Humanities test tomorrow and have done a little bit of studying through IC. WOW am i going to get killed. I didnt realize it was going to be this tough. I do have a quick question though, is the test fill-in-the blank or multiple choice?
Thanks Guys
rjarvis Wrote:So i just decided today to take the Humanities test tomorrow and have done a little bit of studying through IC. WOW am i going to get killed. I didnt realize it was going to be this tough. I do have a quick question though, is the test fill-in-the blank or multiple choice?
It is all multiple choice. Still, I would recommend delaying taking the test. Even though I had extensive background in the music area of the test, I still studied for a month before taking the exam.

Good luck whatever happens,
R.
[SIZE="1"]American Government (68) ~ Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (70) ~ Art of the Western World (72) ~ Astronomy (66) ~ ENG407: Chaucer (A) ~ Civil War & Reconstruction (69) ~ College Algebra (62) ~ College Mathematics (73) ~ College Writing (A) ~ English Composition with Essay (59) ~ GRE Literature in English (610/73%tile) ~ Humanities (75) ~ Introduction to Business (62) ~ Introduction to Computing (459) ~ Introduction to Educational Psychology (72) ~ Introduction to World Religions (478) ~ Introductory Psychology (74) ~ Money & Banking (48) ~ Research & Writing (A) ~ Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (68) ~ ENG 310: Short Stories (A) ~ Introductory Sociology (77) ~ Social Sciences & History (76) ~ Technical Writing (67) ~ US History I (69) ~ US History II (64) ~ Western Civilization I (76) ~ Western Civilization II (65) Western Europe Since 1945 (65) ~ Exam Feedback

Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]
rjarvis Wrote:So i just decided today to take the Humanities test tomorrow and have done a little bit of studying through IC. WOW am i going to get killed. I didnt realize it was going to be this tough. I do have a quick question though, is the test fill-in-the blank or multiple choice?
Thanks Guys

Haha yeah I'm an art/lit nerd, but I never could have passed that after one day!! I would definitely call it off. But maybe you'll get lucky, who knows. Just remember that if you fail it you have to wait 6 mo. to take it again, so weigh your options.

If you like the art world at all, this can be super fun to study for, so you might want to take some time (at least a week or so!) to soak up the material.
TESC Criminal Justice BA '12
B&M Civil Engineering BS (In Progress)
This was the 1st clep I took, prior to finding this forum. I studied for a month from a humanities textbook I bought on ebay. I did well, but could have done better if I had realized the book did not have much music or theater- and the test had lots of those questions. Thank goodness I've always been a Broadway/PBS junkie- bailed me out!
Could I have passed without studying? Maybe...barely. For 6 credits I'd rather be sure.
"The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize!" Clairee in "Steel Magnolias"
BA General Studies COSC 5/31/15
COSC Cornerstone A 10/2013, Capstone A 11/2014
UExel- Social Psych A, Psych of A and A- A, Research Methods/Psych B, Pathophysiology A.
FEMA- 27, NFA-Q118, Q 534, Q137 and Q318
Clep- 2008 Humanities 75, 2009 Intro Sociology 67, US History I 69, US History II 61, American Lit. 71, Analyze & Int. Lit. 75, 2011 Western Civ. ll 58, Social Science 67
DSST-2010 HTYH 463, Ethics in America 433, Sub. Abuse 444, 2011 Art of the Western World 67, Civil War and Recon. 58, Org. Behavior 64, 2010 Env. and Humanity 68, Hist. of the Vietnam War 76, 2011 Intro World Religions 451, 2013 Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union 62, Technical Writing 60, Business Ethics and Society 449.
TEEX- 2013 Cyber Security classes x 3
DACC and IU: Speech, Psych, Rhetoric, Creative Writing
ZsaZsa Wrote:This was the 1st clep I took, prior to finding this forum. I studied for a month from a humanities textbook I bought on ebay. I did well, but could have done better if I had realized the book did not have much music or theater- and the test had lots of those questions. Thank goodness I've always been a Broadway/PBS junkie- bailed me out!
Could I have passed without studying? Maybe...barely. For 6 credits I'd rather be sure.

... ... ... 75?!?! I'll say you did well!!! :coolgleam: Wow, you have some high expectations of yourself!! lol
It was a lot easier then what i thought. I got a 65 on it, and now i am taking the American lit tomorrow. Thank you guys for telling me about the Peterson tests. Honestly I just took all the practice tests and went in. Was not too bad. However I do agree most people should take a month on it.
rjarvis Wrote:It was a lot easier then what i thought. I got a 65 on it, and now i am taking the American lit tomorrow. Thank you guys for telling me about the Peterson tests. Honestly I just took all the practice tests and went in. Was not too bad. However I do agree most people should take a month on it.
Nice job! Congrats on passing even with such little prep time! Sounds like you knew a lot more than you were letting on. Big Grin
[SIZE="1"]American Government (68) ~ Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (70) ~ Art of the Western World (72) ~ Astronomy (66) ~ ENG407: Chaucer (A) ~ Civil War & Reconstruction (69) ~ College Algebra (62) ~ College Mathematics (73) ~ College Writing (A) ~ English Composition with Essay (59) ~ GRE Literature in English (610/73%tile) ~ Humanities (75) ~ Introduction to Business (62) ~ Introduction to Computing (459) ~ Introduction to Educational Psychology (72) ~ Introduction to World Religions (478) ~ Introductory Psychology (74) ~ Money & Banking (48) ~ Research & Writing (A) ~ Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (68) ~ ENG 310: Short Stories (A) ~ Introductory Sociology (77) ~ Social Sciences & History (76) ~ Technical Writing (67) ~ US History I (69) ~ US History II (64) ~ Western Civilization I (76) ~ Western Civilization II (65) Western Europe Since 1945 (65) ~ Exam Feedback

Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]
i have never been interested in that sort of stuff, but i do enjoy random facts, which happen to be a lot of the test. There was a lot more history then i thought.
rjarvis Wrote:i have never been interested in that sort of stuff, but i do enjoy random facts, which happen to be a lot of the test. There was a lot more history then i thought.

I am trying to graduate in December and I need to CLEP out of at least 3 classes. So I chose Humanities because it was six credits and Into to Sociology which is a preq for one of my other classes. Which subject in Humanities do I need to concentrate on the most, please help, thanks!!
@amberhill, I would say literature is the most important part to study for. But I'm not sure that it was actually a full half of my test (that's what the official breakdown says), more like 40-45%. So, depending on what questions you get, you could pass it just knowing a lot about lit, but I wouldn't recommend that strategy Wink Knowing artistic styles/periods/techniques was more important than knowing specific works (and fortunately easier to memorize!!). I would recommend studying lit very heavily & art heavily, while dipping into music and architecture.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quick, Cheap, Easy Academic Certificate kevinmane 11 3,352 09-10-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  XAMK question k-k-k-katy 63 8,788 09-09-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: wow
  Question about admission hueyhoang 3 358 08-31-2024, 10:35 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Prerequisite and credit transfer question kblue6494 4 289 08-29-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: kblue6494
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 6 1,988 08-28-2024, 10:42 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Question about TESC credits robertturner 0 234 07-25-2024, 03:09 AM
Last Post: robertturner
  Question about LawShelf TINASAM 6 509 07-04-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  RBA degree question Jennr2z 19 4,081 12-14-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Why Majoring in the Humanities Can Be a Great Career Move allvia 1 469 10-08-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,858 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77