Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Ethics in America
Did you check the Exam Specific Forum for IC members?

That's where everything will be, not this particular thread.

Judy
the new ethics exam is rather difficult..but if you have general test taking skills and a decent know-how about the subject it's definitely manageable..i took it last week with only an hour of study time in my car prior to the exam with some petersons.com information concerning it...wasn't bad at all. granted, i only passed it by 25 points, but it was still a pass with less than an hour of studying in it..there is only one yes or no scenarios..and there ALOT of questions about what specific philosophers believed and stuff like "if someone would think this who would it agree with" or "what word would describe Hobbes in one word"....its not bad...any more questions just hit me up
BA in Business Admin @ Park University...5 classes to go..3 Cleppable (new word!) DUN DUN DUNNN!!

Passed

Organization Behavior - 49/48 Peterson's only
Ethics in America - 425/400 Peterson's only
Principles of Microeconomics (2nd) - 54/50 Peterson's and InstantCert Flaschards

Failed

Principles of Marketing - 48/49 Peterson's only
Principles of Microeconomics 31/49 Peterson's only

On deck

Business Law I
Business Law II
Labor Relations
I am scheduled to take the exam on Aug 22nd. Any comments, suggestions or ideas on taking the test would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much (rwhitmarsh) for your helpful response.... Congratulations on your passing!!!!

4pancakes
rwhitmarsh Wrote:the new ethics exam is rather difficult..but if you have general test taking skills and a decent know-how about the subject it's definitely manageable..i took it last week with only an hour of study time in my car prior to the exam with some petersons.com information concerning it...wasn't bad at all. granted, i only passed it by 25 points, but it was still a pass with less than an hour of studying in it..there is only one yes or no scenarios..and there ALOT of questions about what specific philosophers believed and stuff like "if someone would think this who would it agree with" or "what word would describe Hobbes in one word"....its not bad...any more questions just hit me up

Does this differ greatly from the older version ethics exam? I am taking the older version tomorrow. I have been studying the philosophers and their beliefs but I am a little stressed.
Someone please assist me. I took the ECE Ethics: Theory & Practice exam and did not fair well. Man so exhausting. 3 full hours!! I am now going to take the DSST Ethics in America since all the information is still fresh in my mind. Can anyone give me a comparison? How long is the test? Is it as bad as the ECE Ethics exam? Also everytime I attempt to find a way to take the peterson's practice exams, I get locked out! HELP. I am so discusted.
Does IC Offer Flashcards for Ethics in America?
Yes, and you can access them if you are a member.
I am also studing for this exam. could someone send me the cheet sheet. I am new to this forum where do I find the IC flash cards.
Thank you for your help
AL
All CLEP tests are 90 minutes and you have 5 multiple choices, DSSTs are 2 hours and have only 4 choices.

Someone who has taken it recently will have to tell you if it is easier but I would assume you still need to take this seriously but since there should be less tests it stands to reason it would be less of a headache, anyway.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A neuroscientist explains why stupidity is an existential threat to America bjcheung77 0 487 04-07-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Newsweek: America's Top Online Colleges 2024 Ares 6 906 02-14-2024, 06:48 AM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  TECEP Environmental Ethics dbwdb 1 807 11-01-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: SpeedDemon
  Education Is Now America’s Great Divide LevelUP 2 540 10-06-2023, 02:50 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Books that Shaped America Charles Fout 2 435 09-24-2023, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Quick/cheap option for Ethics? Insert Name 4 911 07-22-2022, 02:44 AM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  How America Pays For College Alpha 0 747 11-24-2021, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  College For America Is Dead harrypotter 10 2,181 06-17-2021, 04:31 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Ethical Guidelines for Insurance Professionals (Ethics 311) nomaduser 2 901 08-24-2020, 03:44 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  The Institutes Ethics Dowew 14 3,267 06-15-2020, 07:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az