Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
English for 6 cr please.
I need 6 english credits by september in order to enter my graduate program.
I am looking into taking the english clep but I wanted to have a backup plan in case I don't pass.

Where can I take online english courses that I could complete by september?
Do you need the English CLEP with essay? If not, the English CLEP without essay is a very doable exam, just watch your time as it will pass by very quickly. Please read more about it in the Specific Exam Feedback section located on this forum's homepage; you'll find a lot of helpful information and feedback from other's who have taken either one of these tests already. Good luck and be sure to let us know hao you did.

I took the non-essay test with zero study and earned a 68.
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]
vbmith Wrote:I need 6 english credits by september in order to enter my graduate program.
I am looking into taking the english clep but I wanted to have a backup plan in case I don't pass.

Where can I take online english courses that I could complete by september?

arizona western college , san juan college, colorado state in pueblo ...

google all three......

also there is a community college in california that also offers an online course....

i would say arizona western state offers a course for 120.00 on english ..i believe they are working with some other school in yuma arizona.....

3 credit hours =120.00

not bad ....

if you keep on looking for more schools like idaho , iowa , ohio state, lousiana ...it gets to be a bit expensiive like 300-600 for 3 credit hours.......

otherwise find out some information from some community college in your area for distante ed courses...
[SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

CLEP

Intro to Psychology- 50
Natural Sciences - 53
Western Civilization II- 57
Humanities - 61
History of US I - 59
Social Sciences & History - 54
Western Civilization I - 67
Principles of Mgmt- 53
Intro to Sociology -64

DANTES

Rise and Fall of Soviet Union - 54
Intro to Middle East- 56
Intro to World Religions- 74
Intro to Computing - 53
Principles of Supervision- 51
Mgmt Info Sys- 53
Intro to Buisness- 59
American Ethics-51
I do not need to take an exam with an essay. My only requirement is that it be enlish comp or lit.

I looked through the courses , however I can find any summer II semsters that would let me finish by august.

Btw are all the schools you mentioned RA?
vbmith Wrote:I do not need to take an exam with an essay. My only requirement is that it be enlish comp or lit.

I looked through the courses , however I can find any summer II semsters that would let me finish by august.

Btw are all the schools you mentioned RA?

If you can take lit, the Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP was very easy. You simply read the passage and then answer questions about it. Ex. "What did the author mean by 'her' in the second stanza" with answer choices like: the woman, the boat, all womankind, or the wind. You get the idea. You could do a quick literature google to find out the 5 or 6 vocab words you might encounter to be sure you understand what the question is asking of you. (tone, mood, etc) You don't actually study literature like in the American Lit exam, you just interpret the passages. Good Luck!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 8 1,804 05-18-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Spyrine
  77 Online credit courses in English from Germany - from €16/ECTS FrHaseKopf 19 8,068 04-22-2023, 01:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Saudi Scholarship: No funding for English studies bjcheung77 2 906 12-13-2022, 08:43 AM
Last Post: Fewind
  English 2 Jennr2z 2 726 05-28-2022, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  English degrees besides TESU, UMPI? Ideas 1 976 12-13-2021, 10:00 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  English Language Teaching through to 2023 bjcheung77 0 673 12-05-2021, 01:18 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Searching for online - ideally self-paced - English 101/102 Courses thephdbalance 8 1,996 08-13-2021, 03:02 PM
Last Post: thephdbalance
  Earned Admission ASU English Comp 2 rlw74 2 1,178 05-05-2021, 07:16 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  ASU English 101 amomwholearns 10 2,297 01-03-2021, 11:00 PM
Last Post: rlw74
  Study material Clep English composition modular Collegelady2 16 4,633 08-18-2020, 10:20 PM
Last Post: mrskitty