Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ed4Credit question - notes on final exam
I was just looking at the Ed4Credit options and on their FAQ page it says that you can use 'any notes you have taken' on the final exam. Has anyone tried this and been successful at using their notes? is there a limit on the number of pages of notes?

I took another exam a few years ago (cant remember which program it was) and they SAID notes were OK but then, at exam time, the proctor said "no notes" so I want to be sure.....I have a couple subjects where I REALLY struggle and being able to use notes would be so helpful!
They use ProctorU and ProctorU has inconsistency sometimes. Some horror stories about proctors are in this thread. http://www.degreeforum.net/showthread.php?t=29445

I think it's worth arguing so you can use your notes.

I took Managerial Accounting through them, I had a million pages of notes, with no problems. Seriously, I had at least 40 pages, I had printed out all of the vocabulary, plus all of the tests I did.

There were no problems with the proctor, and I thought the final was easier than the (really hard) chapter tests.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I took MIS with them. I had a few pages of handwritten notes, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I found the final way easier than the chapter tests and the three practice finals.
USNY Regents College - BS Liberal Arts (Concentration in Sociology) 1987
Since this question was brought up back in Jan(?) when someone had issues with a proctor, ED4Credit must have changed the "resources allowed on test" pop-up so as to make it crystal clear to the proctor what is allowed. The pop-up I got right before the test is very specific saying, multiple pages of printed notes, multiple pages of handwritten notes...and so on down the list. I think the phrase "multiple pages" may have also been underlined. I had multiple pages, and the proctor didn't even really care to see em, only asked which of the allowed resources I was using so I named them off.
BSBA Accounting at TESU - 121/121
Graduated June 2018!
keepsingin Wrote:Since this question was brought up back in Jan(?) when someone had issues with a proctor, ED4Credit must have changed the "resources allowed on test" pop-up so as to make it crystal clear to the proctor what is allowed. The pop-up I got right before the test is very specific saying, multiple pages of printed notes, multiple pages of handwritten notes...and so on down the list. I think the phrase "multiple pages" may have also been underlined. I had multiple pages, and the proctor didn't even really care to see em, only asked which of the allowed resources I was using so I named them off.

I do remember seeing a popup before the test started with a bunch of notes on it, presumably for the proctor.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
thanks everyone....this is super helpful!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo Sophia Final Milestone ID Verification jg_nuy 4 185 09-16-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Lightbulb Study.com 5 Exam Limit per Month Clarification Jaymes 2 204 09-13-2024, 08:06 PM
  SDC: Pausing Account before Final Grade legenwait4itdary 9 399 09-12-2024, 06:59 PM
Last Post: wow
  Study.com non-proctored final exams Tsanchez123 6 599 08-30-2024, 06:17 PM
  Coopersmith Exam format? wow 4 285 08-30-2024, 08:38 AM
  I have a question Uplive 1 235 08-29-2024, 09:42 AM
  Question re: Straighterline ACC150 ExcellentPhoto 3 315 08-16-2024, 11:49 AM
  Study.com Exam, Accidentally Left Installer Open ExcellentPhoto 2 384 08-13-2024, 06:41 PM
  SDC Health 302 no exam required after 9/3/2024 NOX 1 234 08-10-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.com Failed Exam BSBRose21 5 3,017 07-31-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary