Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easy General Ed exam path suggestions wanted
I have been trying to talk all of my friends into taking these exams to finish up their degrees. Everyone has a long list of lame excuses ranging from "it is a scam" to "I do not test well" to "I do not have the time to study for 30 minutes a day what with the Octa-Mom saga going on and all". Whatever. I finally gave up on all of them while I rang up 33 credits in just one month!

So the other day I "met" this gal on our local base board and she wanted to know all about it. She came over to my house (we can do that here on base--- invite perfect strangers into our homes) and we talked for a few hours. I was like a religious zealot-- showing her the REA books, the IC site, this board, sample degree plans for TESC and the others. She had been told by the base Education office that she had to take the SAT before she could take any classes online !!!! She left very excited to get started.

So help me out here a bit...first she has to get her Gen Ed out of the way then she wants to get a Business degree. I suggested that she get her feet wet with English Comp for 6 credits. I figured that I can help her to prep since I just took it and it is really not too hard of an exam plus the hit of 6 credits will be a great start. Then I suggested something easy and neutral like Intro to Psych, Intro to Computers etc.

Suggestions on a easy and smooth and not too frightening Gen Ed path for her? She is not too keen on History exams.

I know that everyone has their own list of the easiest exams so send them my way and I will share them with her. It is exciting to see someone realize that they can do this and that it is as simple as finally doing it!
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="6"]Joanne[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"] all exams completed in FEBUARY 2009
Human Growth & Development - 73 English Comp w/ Essay CLEP - 74 Educational Psych - CLEP...69
Social Psychology - TECEP Behavior Modif in Counseling -TECEP
Psychology of Personality - TECEP Experimental Psychology - TECEP Substance Abuse - DSST 441

all exams completed in MARCH 2009
Foundations of Counseling -DSST - 64 ALEKS Statistics for Behavior Sciences Organizational

[U]DONE! Bachelors of Arts in Psychology as of March 10! // Graduated June 2009[/U]

Moving On:
Off to Hawaii to Celebrate- March 14 / Start Masters in Education - April 1 / Praxis 1 - April 27/ Praxis 2 - July 2009 - 190 out of 200
Liberty University - Masters in Teaching - Elementary Ed - 30 credits completed as of February 2010. Love the School, Program, Staff and Courses! GRADUATING IN MAY WITH MASTERS IN TEACHING !

[/SIZE][/SIZE]
A&I Lit, Sociology, Psychology (which should assist w/the other Psych exams), College Math (if your friend is a math person, this one's a breeze), Tech Writing DSST. Since the ultimate goal is a Biz degree, Management & Marketing are also among the easiest.
Everyone will have their favorite easy exams, based on what they are interested in. I am also not crazy about history exams, but after Psyc & Soc. the Social Science and History wasn't to bad, especially for 6 credits. If you can take TECEP's I thought the Word Processing Fundamentals was probably the easiest 3 credits yet.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Thanks for your suggestions. I missed out on the GE Cleps since "back in the day" we had to earn our college credits the old fashion way of enrolling in a 4 year school, skipping classes, cramming to barely pass and forgetting it all a day later.

Let me know any more easier than other CLEP's, DSST's that I can suggest for her. I am trying to bring another one on to the dark side with the rest of us !!!! Cool
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="6"]Joanne[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"] all exams completed in FEBUARY 2009
Human Growth & Development - 73 English Comp w/ Essay CLEP - 74 Educational Psych - CLEP...69
Social Psychology - TECEP Behavior Modif in Counseling -TECEP
Psychology of Personality - TECEP Experimental Psychology - TECEP Substance Abuse - DSST 441

all exams completed in MARCH 2009
Foundations of Counseling -DSST - 64 ALEKS Statistics for Behavior Sciences Organizational

[U]DONE! Bachelors of Arts in Psychology as of March 10! // Graduated June 2009[/U]

Moving On:
Off to Hawaii to Celebrate- March 14 / Start Masters in Education - April 1 / Praxis 1 - April 27/ Praxis 2 - July 2009 - 190 out of 200
Liberty University - Masters in Teaching - Elementary Ed - 30 credits completed as of February 2010. Love the School, Program, Staff and Courses! GRADUATING IN MAY WITH MASTERS IN TEACHING !

[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BIO-208 TECEP exam yellowshehulk 3 1,213 09-23-2024, 02:29 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Quick, Cheap, Easy Academic Certificate kevinmane 11 3,321 09-10-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Cheap, easy graded credits for increasing GPA. Treach 9 906 09-05-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: karehiro
  Decide your path of study... bjcheung77 2 257 07-25-2024, 02:11 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Questions regarding IDSS (through the MITx micromaster for data science path) blablablox 0 519 03-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: blablablox
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,825 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 933 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Op Eds - I Vote on Plagiarism Cases at Harvard College. Gay’s Getting off Easy. posabsolute 0 441 12-31-2023, 09:42 PM
Last Post: posabsolute
  Athabasca U - BGS (Guinea Pigs Wanted) bjcheung77 30 4,177 12-30-2023, 01:39 AM
Last Post: mariobros1985
  General Thanks And Where I'm Headed Now TINASAM 3 561 10-22-2023, 01:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77