Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ENG 121 Matthews
I am in her class now. I am going to try to submit a revision before I drop the class. She seems passionate about the subject but it's a level 100-course. Not a doctoral class. 

I took the Forum's advice and didn't take English 2 at Sophia. Now I am worried about taking Eng 121. It is a requirement of my degree plan. Is it possible to take Eng 121 with a different professor? How do you pick your professor?
(05-29-2024, 07:12 AM)SophiaPrincess Wrote: I took the Forum's advice and didn't take English 2 at Sophia. Now I am worried about taking Eng 121. It is a requirement of my degree plan.  Is it possible to take Eng 121 with a different professor? How do you pick your professor?

I'm not sure how you pick one. They have just assigned them to me. However, there are other professors. I have to take 121 for a residency requirement. I have an appointment with the writing center today for help.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Joellem's post:
  • SophiaPrincess
I read the posts, and I do share some concerns about my ENG121 class. But since it's the only course left for me to graduate and there's still a month before the session ends, I've decided to give it a shot. Yes, Professor Matthews has a lot of requirements for assignments. I had to redo my first assignment three times! But I found her very patient; she explained how I should present my arguments and evidence. After multiple revisions, it finally met her standards. It's definitely not easy, but it's not as scary as it sounds either. However, going through Sophia might be easier.
[-] The following 1 user Likes beikaRAY's post:
  • SophiaPrincess
(06-01-2024, 11:46 AM)beikaRAY Wrote: I read the posts, and I do share some concerns about my ENG121 class. But since it's the only course left for me to graduate and there's still a month before the session ends, I've decided to give it a shot. Yes, Professor Matthews has a lot of requirements for assignments. I had to redo my first assignment three times! But I found her very patient; she explained how I should present my arguments and evidence. After multiple revisions, it finally met her standards. It's definitely not easy, but it's not as scary as it sounds either. However, going through Sophia might be easier.

Godspeed with ENG121. We will be rooting for you.  I am not worried about passing the course rather maintaining a high GPA because I intend to attend graduate school.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Took Sophia ENG 2 after dropping out of ENG 121 Matthews - a review Marlin9276 5 743 05-12-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Chankosumo