Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just took Intro to Law Enforcement
So, I just took the Introduction to Law Enforcement Exam. After reading how easy it was, i still chose to cram diligently for the last 4 days using only the InstaCert Academy Cards. I spent about 20-25 hours dedicated to study on this one exam.

I have been in the USCG for almost 10 years and much of my experience has been in Federal Law Enforcement, unfortunately that didn't help me at all.

Other than covering some basic history topics and and about 10 precedent cases and 5 or so amendment questions there were about 30 questions that were common sense (thankfully)

There were a few questions on the (LEAA) Whats that? and several questions specific to police officers education surveys and UCR related questions that you would only know if you had ever looked at the most recent one.

I'm a relatively smart guy , I found it difficult and I would like to stress to each of you who are planning on taking it to study the cards here they will definately help, that combined with common sense will get you a passing grade.

All in all, I wasn't sure that I had passed, but thankfully I scored a 57 while the minimum score is a 45.

Exams Successfully Passed

CLEP - Humanities 2003 - 71
DSST- Introduction to Law Enforcement 2010 - 57
Keep studying and take the Criminal Justice DSST next. Alot of the law enforcement test is on the Criminal Justice one as well.
Passed (54 SH):
A&I Literature (60) : Criminal Justice (419) : Intro to Law Enforcement (68) : Intro to Computing (457): Information Systems & Comp App (63): Management Information Systems (423) : Intro to Sociology (53) : Intro to Psychology (56) : Here's to your Health (450) : Substance Abuse (428) : Technical Writing (49) : College Mathematics (53) : Business Ethics and Society (437) : World Populations (B) : Principles of Marketing (57) : Cultural Diversity (B) : Civil War & Reconstruction (54)

Military: (41 SH)
Other Schools: (15 SH)

Excelsior Courses Complete (10 SH): Information Literacy, Criminology, International Terrorism, Social Science Research, Research/Writing, Managing Homeland Security

Excelsior BS-Criminal Justice=DONE
carveraye Wrote:There were a few questions on the (LEAA) Whats that? and several questions specific to police officers education surveys and UCR related questions that you would only know if you had ever looked at the most recent one.

Congratulations on passing your exam!

If you had taken the juvenile delinquency course you would be familiar with LEAA.Wink Can you tell what class I'm taking right now...Big Grin

Law Enforcement Assistance Administration (LEAA): Unit in the U.S. Department of Justice established by the Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968 to administer grants and provide guidance for crime prevention policy and programs.

I've taken computer courses/dsst and most recently org behavior dsst. What I find interesting with some of the exams is if you have hands on practical knowlege in the field it makes it easier to pass, not necessarily easy to ace. Unfortunately upon hire, HR or your boss is not concerned with the theories of your role? or who was the father of your craft?....too bad it sure would be a hoot in the midst of filling out the benefits paperwork. Smile

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
I am planning on taking this test on monday. I am currently using Insta cert, wiki, and I am looking up case rulings and a few terms.

I am a MP in the California Army National Guard.
Unfortunately I wont benefit form taking another CJ (it wont apply towards my degree.)

I am, however going to try a History 1 CLEP tomorrow after studying all day today. Wish me luck

A few more tests on my plate for the future I am going to take are

dsst-Civil war and reconstruction
dsst-drug and alcohol abuse
exe- adult development
exe ethical theories and concepts

Kujo, I think you'll be fine, give your self a solid week or two of study time and even if you just study the cards you'll definitely pass, the common sense level needed is not signifigant.

Good luck to you guys too. I'll try to get a good 3 hours of sleep before my test tomorrow.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intro to Criminal Justice & Speech Communication midnite123 11 1,302 01-04-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: karenkresgs
  Intro to Sociology Jennr2z 8 1,369 05-11-2022, 11:14 PM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  Udacity Intro to Cybersecurity nanodegree Cofffeee 7 1,610 07-30-2020, 09:39 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  SL Intro to Nutrition High_Order1 6 1,720 03-03-2020, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Lacedonia4
  TEEX also has new cheap online forensics/law enforcement courses MNomadic 67 17,197 09-09-2019, 03:15 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Passed Intro to Psych CLEP...which next? S.Tesla 3 1,367 04-17-2019, 11:58 PM
Last Post: TryHardDieHard
  Intro to Psychology CLEP - Peterson's practice tests S.Tesla 0 1,432 04-08-2019, 03:38 PM
Last Post: S.Tesla
  Intro to Sociology question????? cooperlab 3 1,406 11-19-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SuperTal3
  Intro to World Religions DSST test- what to use to study? tiffy1693 26 8,751 07-12-2018, 03:03 PM
Last Post: marinafior
  Intro to Biology final. Prep resources? Life_One 6 1,724 05-30-2018, 02:14 PM
Last Post: dfrecore