Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline - Business Communication
moe92882 Wrote:is the midterm in this class proctored?
no, Final Exam is proctored, you may use your notes and book.

And is the final just a written test? or is it a mix of multiple choice and written part?
no, multiple choice.

Which parts of this class can you use your book?
for all the exams/questions,

This isn't quite correct, it may have changed since that post was written. The final is part written, part multiple choice and the multiple choice part is closed book. I would always recommend checking out Straighterline's latest proctoring/exam info: Online Exam Proctoring Details by Course | StraighterLine (although with this one I see no mention of the essay part of the final being open book so I must have gotten that info from the exam page as I was allowed to use my book for the essay part only.
B.A. Liberal Studies (Completed: 2015) - Thomas Edison State College
I'm registering my kids for the class today. Now I am a bit nervous. Does anyone have the book they are willing to share with me in google drive? @bkeenom is there a charge for the Business Communication Information Center?
Began Aug 2014
I am seeing that it is 17.50 for the information center? Is this a good substitution instead of having the book?
jallen Wrote:I am seeing that it is 17.50 for the information center? Is this a good substitution instead of having the book?

Online premium access is NOT a substitute for the book.

The companion website complements the textbook and depending on the text/publisher usually has free MC chapter quizzes, games, flashcards, etc. Premium access, in my experience, is also different for each text/publisher but usually will include things like: MC chapter pre/post tests, powerpoint presentations, chapter notes, sample documents, videos).

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
I've said it before, and I am still saying it... of the SL courses I have taken so far, this Business Communications course is my very least favorite.

I haven't received any grades for my 3 writing assignments yet, and I still have the finals to go. I have an 82% at this point, and I don't know what I'll need to get on the writing assignments to make it worth it or not to take the final.

I am so ready for it to be done. I was thinking it would have some nice crossover with the Technical Writing class I am currently enrolled in at my CC, but I think doing them both at once was just too confusing. If I don't do well on my writing assignments it's because going back & forth between requirements of opposing textbook views, MLA & APA styles, two completely different styles of letters, memos with different requirements, etc, were just too much for my middle-aged brain. Ugh.
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 2 1,459 05-27-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: mdn
  U.S. News will rank distance learning programs in business, IT and other fields LevelUP 1 445 01-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Business Insider/MSN - College, Grad, Money Articles bjcheung77 4 619 08-17-2023, 11:07 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  University of Northern Alabama Competency Business Degree natshar 6 882 07-19-2023, 04:35 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  StraighterLine acquires Childcare Education Institute bjcheung77 2 989 05-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: glammie83
  Excelsior University & StraighterLine success story! bjcheung77 0 895 03-07-2023, 07:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Calling all Excelsior business students! shoron 1 607 01-23-2023, 07:39 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Intro to Criminal Justice & Speech Communication midnite123 11 1,236 01-04-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: karenkresgs
  Science plus lab alterantives for Study.com/StraighterLine echo64 6 1,262 06-18-2022, 01:27 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  GetEducated.com Major Update (business degrees) freeloader 1 852 04-06-2022, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Vle045