Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Feedback - Need Help!
Hi Guys,

My BUS 200 grade was only 81. Any way I can improve my score. Like drop and retake or can I change it from Sophia?
TY!
You can't retake a course that you pass at UMPI. There isn't a Sophia equivalent. Grades can't be changed after the session ends. If you're taking this course now, ask the professor if there's a way for you to boost your grade. You should always submit a Rough Draft and then make the changes the professor recommends. If you have questions about the Final Assessment, you should contact the professor. Most are very helpful and want students to succeed.
(08-13-2023, 10:37 AM)ss20ts Wrote: You can't retake a course that you pass at UMPI. There isn't a Sophia equivalent. Grades can't be changed after the session ends. If you're taking this course now, ask the professor if there's a way for you to boost your grade. You should always submit a Rough Draft and then make the changes the professor recommends. If you have questions about the Final Assessment, you should contact the professor. Most are very helpful and want students to succeed.
Thank you so much! Is the GPA in transcript calculated by average scores of total class? If so, I can take higher grade on other classes to improve the overall GPA
Yes this course will be included in your GPA. Your UMPI GPA includes all of the courses you complete at UMPI.

Higher grades = Higher GPA
Yes, if you're aiming for a specific GPA minimum, you can take more classes/add more minors to raise your GPA. Depending on your desired outcome, this may not be worth it.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Just to let you know, an 81 is a pass and a B at that... it's an acceptable grade for most people and enough for semi-competitive programs (if you're thinking of grad school). If you're not looking at semi-competitive programs, then you just need to 'pass' and make sure you have all the required prerequisites for the next educational journey, your Masters. Continue on with your current courses and try to get a better grade in each, your upcoming grades can be used for these semi/non competitive masters programs and can exceed their requirements if you get a higher grade. Note: Most of them require a 3 or higher, the 80+ is a 3 already...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • sammieJN
(08-13-2023, 10:37 AM)ss20ts Wrote: You can't retake a course that you pass at UMPI. There isn't a Sophia equivalent. Grades can't be changed after the session ends. If you're taking this course now, ask the professor if there's a way for you to boost your grade. You should always submit a Rough Draft and then make the changes the professor recommends. If you have questions about the Final Assessment, you should contact the professor. Most are very helpful and want students to succeed.

Can I argue to school or professor about my graded score? 
TY!
(08-14-2023, 10:07 PM)sammieJN Wrote:

Can I argue to school or professor about my graded score? 
TY!

If you're currently in the course, did you submit a Rough Draft and make the changes they said it needed? If it was an exam, you're stuck with the grade they give you.
@sammieJN, you mean appeal, not argue... If you feel there are 'grounds' for an appeal and there is a specific reason to get a higher grade, then sure, why not? I mean, say for instance, you're looking to get an 88% minimum to continue with your GPA at a certain point, and you're pretty close at 7% off. You can debate/plead your case and have them look at the appeal... but be prepared to be rejected due to their rules and regulations. Link: https://www.umpi.edu/offices/registrars-...c-appeals/
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Hi Guys,
If professor's feedback for final draft is excellent. What range of grade it will be in the final?
Not sure if excellent means nothing to change?
TY!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quiz not "affirmed", so the draft is not available anthony3070 5 682 10-19-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: ExistentialCrisis
  Feedback requested: BUS 323 - Fundamentals of Supply Chain and Logistics Tswede 3 803 07-25-2023, 01:07 PM
Last Post: grogers14
  Seeking UL Education Class Feedback HBCIRCA14 4 630 07-11-2023, 11:43 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  This is my English Degree Plan - Feedback needed kennetim000 7 1,339 10-17-2022, 07:10 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Assessment Attempts and Draft Question Mr T 2 768 07-18-2022, 09:32 PM
Last Post: Mr T
  Feedback from instructor Sara143 10 1,001 05-18-2022, 02:33 PM
Last Post: Sara143
  Requesting Feedback on my Degree Plan _ghostimage 9 1,428 04-14-2022, 05:49 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Spring 2021 Session 2 Draft Deadline Today - Finals next Friday ashkir 6 1,087 05-02-2021, 03:10 PM
Last Post: Cofffeee
  Draft Deadline Today ashkir 7 1,714 03-05-2021, 05:56 PM
Last Post: ashkir