Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anybody know where I can get a...
Hi there,

Does anybody know where I can get a free written summary of Principles of Marketing? I'm not talking about the percentile chart of how many questions of what category covered in the test; I'm talking about something to help me memorize the core concepts, such as chapter summaries from a textbook. I've got all the InstantCert flashcards memorized pretty well, but the dummy test in my Official 2009 CLEP Study Guide threw a few curve balls at me including some concepts covered neither in the flashcards nor the SmallBizU Marketing 101 video. I tried MIT OpenCourseWare and Carnegie's Open Learning Initiative but I couldn't find results.

Thanks,
TuxSkywalker
My suggestion is looking at some publisher websites, such as Pearson, Cengage, Elsevier or McGraw-Hill. Search for a text then search the supplements. Some of the them will have online resources such as chapter quizzes and reviews. You may also want to try to just Wiki or Google the terms or subjects as these may net you additional info and explanations. The Google search may also give you some textbook sources listed above. I would also make sure you look for suggestions on the specific exam feedback area here. Good Luck!
Completed 2/09 - 5/13

RHIA Post-Bac Cert - Stephens - 5/13
MHA - Bellevue Univ - 3/12
BSHS - Excelsior 12/10
BSLS - Excelsior 3/10
ASLS - Excelsior 4/09

ECE - A&P - B
ECE - Found. of Gerontology - B
ECE - Ethics: Theory & Practice - B
ECE - Psych. of Adulthood & Aging - A
ECE - Social Psych. - B
ECE - Abnormal Psych. - B
ECE - HR Management - B
ECE - Research Methods of Psych. - B
ECE - Pathophysiology - A

CLEP - American Govt - 58
CLEP - Intro. to Sociology - 63
CLEP - A & I Lit - 70
DSST - Fund. of Counseling - A (65)
DSST - Org. Behavior - A (67)
DSST - Environment & Humanity - A (62)
DSST - Found. of Education - A (64)
DSST - Here's to Your Health - 461 (Pass)
DSST - Substance Abuse - 460 (Pass)
DSST - Principles of Supervision - A (61)
DSST - Lifespan Developmental Psych - A (59)
DSST - Criminal Justice - 443 (Pass)
DSST - MIS - 415 (Pass)
UExcel - Intro. to Psych (Beta)- Pass
ALEKS - College Alg, Stats
Straighterline - Medical Term, Pharmacology I & II
FEMA - PDS + more
Hi,

I took the Principles of Marketing CLEP earlier this year. I did the same thing I have done for every other CLEP I studied for...went to the local library and found a textbook that covered the topics in the College Board outline, and then studied the book along with practicing the flashshcards. The only subject I couldn't find a textbook for was Principles of Management, and I was blessed to find one that covered everything for that at a local used book store for about a dollar.

I know most people don't go to that much trouble, but it has worked great for me and it's free. Instant Cert is the only study resource I have paid for (besides the $1 book and the official CLEP practice tests) and it's been worth every cent.

Hope that helps! Good luck!
~Bee