Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does A&I Lit cancel out American Lit?
Hey everyone I have a quick question, I will be enrolling at TESC soon, well I passed the A&I Lit Clep a few weeks ago and am already prepared fully to take the American Lit in a few days, but I read somewhere here on the forum that if you passed the A&I Lit Clep, then it will cancel out the American Lit? Is this true? Please tell me no lol. Thanks in advance for the feedback.
No, A&I Lit and American Lit are two separate exams.
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Woooo!! Thank you so much, the anticipation was killing me lol, wish me luck everyone!! =). I just hope I am fully ready because I've taken 3 Peterson's test on American Lit. and have scored 57, 57, and 59, so hopefully the real test translates to that. Man this site is great.
brooklynquinones Wrote:Hey everyone I have a quick question, I will be enrolling at TESC soon, well I passed the A&I Lit Clep a few weeks ago and am already prepared fully to take the American Lit in a few days, but I read somewhere here on the forum that if you passed the A&I Lit Clep, then it will cancel out the American Lit? Is this true? Please tell me no lol. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Hi-

At my college (Capella), they did not cancel each other out- they both counted...
I just wanted to update everyone. I had the American Literature CLEP scheduled for this past Friday and was actually thinking about rescheduling it, but I said to myself "I WILL pass." So I went and took the test and wow I passed with a score of 50!!!! Definitely was a difficult test, at least for me it was, and I studied hard for about 2 1/2 weeks, using some study notes I found in the specific exam section on here and skimmed through The Complete Idiot's Guide To American Lit - Wish I had read this book more actually, but nevertheless a pass is a pass.
Brooklyn, Congrats! I have to say that I've gotten one 50 score in a clep (Info systems) and that has been my most gratifying pass. I keep that on top on all my other score.

Did you have any previous exposure to the subject?

Again congrats, I have to take this one as well and am certainly not lookingforward to it.
Honestly, I did not have any previous exposure to this subject, but I didn't let that stop me, I mean you have to start somewhere? You definitely can do it, I mean I scored a 50, but I definitely thought I failed. It was to the point where I was just clicking the "Proceed" tab on the screen like crazy to see how horrible of a score I had, but then when I seen 50 I was like wow, no way!!!! I would definitely go by everyone else's advice and read the complete idiots guide to american lit. I skimmed most of it and really wished I had been more focused and read it, because I did catch myself saying a few times "Wow I remember seeing this in the idiots guide book." I can definitely say what probably helped me pass the test were the A&I Lit questions on the test as that's probably one my stronger areas. Without those "gimme" questions, I definitely would've failed without a doubt. Good luck though if you decide to take it, I'll pull for you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American Public University? nomaduser 44 6,147 05-18-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The American Dream Academy (TADA) coming to an end in April 2024 Vle045 55 9,628 05-10-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: lisarox
  The American Dream Academy Closing 4/30 Questions SophiaPrincess 14 2,546 05-08-2024, 12:15 AM
Last Post: upgrayedd
  European-American University Degree Mill elcastor21 21 3,654 11-08-2023, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Johann
  Are alternative credits only an American thing? mojave 24 2,690 09-08-2023, 04:14 AM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  American Dream Academy Course Limit? vintage_jacket 13 4,900 02-16-2023, 06:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  National Trends in Grade Inflation for American Colleges LevelUP 1 629 09-21-2022, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Courcelles
  Most underemployed majors according to the U.S. Census American Community Survey sanantone 33 3,570 09-01-2022, 09:43 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Latin American University Rankings Alpha 0 512 07-14-2022, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  California Southern acquired by American InterContinental bjcheung77 0 771 07-06-2022, 09:03 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77