Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do I Qualify for a Pierpont degree?
I am reading the qualifications and am a bit confused.

About me:
got my GED 15 years ago
completed 26 courses (over 70 credits) through Sophia and Study -- no other college credit whatsoever. I was enrolled in a community college years ago but never completed a class. 

Thank you for your help
Currently:
UCA (University of Central Arkansas) Ph.D. Change Leadership for Equity and Inclusion 

Completed:
WGU MSML
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership
PMP, CSM, CSPO, Google Project Management Certificate
Sophia 19 Classes | Study.com 12 Classes
Yes. But you will need at least 1 RA credit. Take https://ea.asu.edu/courses/technical-sup...s-cis-194/ for $25 while you get the ball rolling at Pierpont.

You also need to make sure that you have at least 6 credits in communications, 6 credits in math/science, 6 credits in social sciences, and 3 credits in computer literacy. If you list out the SDC/Sophia credits you have, we can confirm whether you've met the requirements.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • mohelena02
(02-27-2022, 08:50 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Yes. But you will need at least 1 RA credit. Take https://ea.asu.edu/courses/technical-sup...s-cis-194/ for $25 while you get the ball rolling at Pierpont.

You also need to make sure that you have at least 6 credits in communications, 6 credits in math/science, 6 credits in social sciences, and 3 credits in computer literacy. If you list out the SDC/Sophia credits you have, we can confirm whether you've met the requirements.

Thank you! I didn't think I qualified. 

here are my Sophia classes:
English Composition I
English Composition II
Business Law

Principles of Finance
Introduction to Statistics
Human Biology
College Algebra

Human Biology
Macroeconomics
Communication at Work
Introduction to Sociology: Embracing Diversity and Collaboration
Project Management
U.S. History I
Introduction to Business
Visual Communications

Here are my Study classes:
Business 101: Principles of Management
Business 102: Principles of Marketing
Business 106: Human Resource Management
Business 107: Organizational Behavior
Business 113: Business Communication
Business 120: International Business
Business 312: Advanced Operations Management
Business 315: Logistics & Supply Chain Management
Business 314: Employment Law
Accounting 101
Accounting 102
[/url][url=https://study.com/academy/course/communications-301-diversity-and-intercultural-communication.html]Communications 301
Currently:
UCA (University of Central Arkansas) Ph.D. Change Leadership for Equity and Inclusion 

Completed:
WGU MSML
Take Introduction to Information Technology from Sophia. It's super easy, you probably know everything already just by using a computer. Once you do that and the ASU course, you've got your requirements for the Pierpont degree.

You should be able to get an Area of Emphasis in Business, too, if that's what you want.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
  • mohelena02
(02-27-2022, 09:00 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Take Introduction to Information Technology from Sophia. It's super easy, you probably know everything already just by using a computer. Once you do that and the ASU course, you've got your requirements for the Pierpont degree.

You should be able to get an Area of Emphasis in Business, too, if that's what you want.

I'll add that to my course list and start taking it asap! 
Thank you so much for your help I really appreciate it.
Currently:

Completed:
WGU MSML
Don't you need 12 RA credits for Pierpont? and then one of those RA has to be graded? OP has zero right now.
mohelena02 Wrote:
rachel83az Wrote:Take Introduction to Information Technology from Sophia. It's super easy, you probably know everything already just by using a computer. Once you do that and the ASU course, you've got your requirements for the Pierpont degree.

If it was me, I would find a different emphasis than Business as you're already going to be taking courses WGU Business Admin degree, the emphasis is redundant. I would complete more courses that you are interested in, if you know another language or something, take an ACTFL. There are so many "emphasis" options at Pierpont, find one that you're interested in, and if there are inexpensive courses such as IT (using the Google IT Professional cert), you can get an IT emphasis instead.

natshar Wrote:Don't you need 12 RA credits for Pierpont? and then one of those RA has to be graded? OP has zero right now.

Technically yes, 12 RA credits are required. Currently, anyone with 1 graded credit will be able to complete the BOG AAS as it isn't fully enforced. I however, recommend the 12 RA credits for those starting as these can be used to ladder into 30 credits required at COSC or TESU in the future, or another institution later on.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(02-27-2022, 10:35 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
mohelena02 Wrote:
rachel83az Wrote:Take Introduction to Information Technology from Sophia. It's super easy, you probably know everything already just by using a computer. Once you do that and the ASU course, you've got your requirements for the Pierpont degree.

If it was me, I would find a different emphasis than Business as you're already going to be taking courses WGU Business Admin degree, the emphasis is redundant.  I would complete more courses that you are interested in, if you know another language or something, take an ACTFL.  There are so many "emphasis" options at Pierpont, find one that you're interested in, and if there are inexpensive courses such as IT (using the Google IT Professional cert), you can get an IT emphasis instead.

-----

Thank you for this info.

Do you know where I can see a list of emphasis that they have? I am planning on taking an ACTFL for Portuguese language. Do you have link to the specific Google IT course youre mentioning? I just want to make sure I have the right one that applies, I have a google project manager certification.

Thank you so much!
Currently:

Completed:
WGU MSML
There is not a true "list", but we've learned about what criteria they use. See: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pi...f_Emphasis You could get an AoE in Spanish, but not Portuguese, because they offer classes in Spanish but they don't have any classes in Portuguese. The link to the correct Google certificate is also on that page.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
  • mohelena02
Furthermore, if you want to see the list of the emphasis, it's available by doing a search on their webpage. Here's a thread post with the details, I would read my reply #2 for the link, and also my reply #12 for info: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...a-revealed
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please help for degree planning zyczycccc 5 196 10 hours ago
Last Post: zyczycccc
  Breaking Into Sales - Help With Getting a Bachelor’s Degree (Most Likely Business Adm AccountingForThis 8 222 Yesterday, 01:15 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Please help for degree planning Rabbitbunny 7 243 10-15-2024, 07:50 PM
  Master's Degree Options dm.hans32 8 776 10-15-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  TESU BA Math and CS Degree Planning thornytumbleweed 12 945 10-15-2024, 12:31 PM
Last Post: thornytumbleweed
  UMPI BABA Degree Plan Heeler_Bandit_12OclockLow 4 317 10-14-2024, 01:04 AM
  TESU Liberal Arts Degree; What Study courses to take waterv1 5 289 10-13-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Lurker Canadian Gal Looking for A Degree blessedjozefina 4 245 10-08-2024, 11:11 PM
  Italian guy looking for US Bachelor Degree Zaknir 6 436 10-08-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Help with degree planning nuit001 2 233 10-07-2024, 11:21 PM