Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Degree Plan Review - General Business - Excelsior
I am trying to complete my Bachelors (testing out, except for capstone requirement) from Excelsior College in General Business. Could you guys please take a look at the attached document and make some suggestions as far as (1) Are these the right courses to get there (think they are correct based on the requirements) (2) any particular order (3) right avenue, CLEP, DSST or other)? Would greatly appreciate the feedback.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Less than 1 minute ago">Excelsior Degree Plan - General Business.xlsx (Size: 15.57 KB / Downloads: 0)
NFEXion

You should make sure that you enroll in Excelsior and have each test you intend to do approved by your advisor. You need to take the Capstone and you'll also take CCS 120 or an INL course. You can enroll as POAG associate for $185 per year while you accumulate your CLEP and DSST credits then you can switch to an exam only candidate and pay the difference. Enrolling means you get specific approval for each test before you take it which means you don't take tests that duplicate. The other is that you lock in the catalog the currently exists since increasingly the Colleges are putting more requirements on incoming students regarding residency and the amount of exams you can apply.

Having looked at your list it appears that you are already enrolled.
You will need six English credits you have 3
the A&I will cover your humanities but you might need ENG 102

Can you explain" IC ethics in America" there is a DSST exam in ethics if that is what you are referencing

ALEKS has had issues with ACE credit recently (it appears they are back on the ACE credit list) When did you get the beginning algebra credits applied?
I'm leaving my Math till I get the bulk of the fun stuff out of the way Smile

I'm not sure you are meeting the Upper level courses you'll need for General business, You usually need 12 UL credits in your core group the three dsst may be UL and give you nine and maybe the capstone will work to get the 12 UL in business core. I'd be more inclined to apply HR Management to the core and put intro to business law in the additional requirements section.

My goals are to get the general Education requirements nailed down first before going towards the remainder of my core. I'd be delighted to have someone to bounce ideas off and discuss experiences in detail.
Don't forget that gaining college credit by taking exams is one of the reason's we're here. That's mainly possible through the flashcards made available by the owner of this forum : InstantCert Plus of course your hard work in learning and reviewing
Current Credits

Irish Education

FETAC Level 6 Adv Cert in Admin

Spreadsheets 5 U.S credits A ,Word Processing 2.5 U.S credits A
Business Management 5.0 U.S credits A Web Authoring 2.5 U.S credits A Communications 5.0 U.S credits A Manual and Computerized Bookkeeping 2.5 U.S Credits A

ECDL (European Computer Drivers License) ICS SKILLS 5 credits

Strayer University Marketing 100 (paid for by Starbucks) A 4.5 quarter hours
CLEP U.S History I 74, U.S History II 69, Western Civ II 61, Western Civ I 64, HG&D 60, Humanities 60, biz law 67,Am Gov 57.
DSST: Biz ethics & s 450, Art WW 424
EC CCS 120 A , EC ENG 101 A, EC BUS 312 H.R A , EC ENG 102 A,
B&M ACC 151 B, B&M ACC 152 (starting) Nat Scies,
Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking general thoughts and advise starsfan33 4 206 09-12-2024, 08:43 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree plan help RajSingh 9 380 09-12-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: RajSingh
  OSU Post-Bacc BSCS degree name about to change sialiblo 8 1,443 09-11-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: elytrarowlock
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 303 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 32 8,663 08-29-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  Already a software engineer, degree worth it? mahaganapati 40 6,146 08-16-2024, 03:32 AM
Last Post: Leojames26
  Spanish courses for Spanish degree rachel83az 19 2,335 07-24-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Affordable Math degree for non-US (international) citizen OtterDen 22 1,546 07-17-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  Online Electrical Engineering Degree OtterDen 5 729 07-09-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 2 1,449 05-27-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: mdn