Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Degree Plan Help using DAU courses
Below is a list of classes taken at a Community College, TEEX and DAU. DAU is a University for Department of Defense employees. Can take these classes through DAU and they are ACE approved. I have tried asking Excelsior, Thomas Edison and Charter Oak how these classes might fit into a BA or BS degree but the person I spoke to didn't seem to know anything about DAU courses. They say to apply and have the transcript sent. Hoping that someone here could help me with a plan.
Community College (61 credits)
ACC 2010 Princ of Accounting I (3)
ACC 2020 Princ of Accounting II (3)
ACC 2681 Business Finance (3)
BAD 1210 Principles of Management (3)
BAD 1335 Business Communications (3)
BAD 2070 Business Law I (3)
COM 1010 Basic Princ of Speech Comm (3)
ECN 1015 Intro to Bus/Mkt Economy (3)
ECN 2020 Princ of Microeconomics (3)
ENG 1010 Composition and Rhetoric (3)
ENG 1020 Composition and Literature (3)
ENG 2050 Business/Technical Writing (3)
ENV 1300 Environmental Science (3)
ENV 1300 L Environmental Science Lab(1)
ITS 1015 The Information Age (3)
MTH 1040 Contemporary Algebra (5)
MTH 1080 Inter/Algebra & Intro Trig (4)
MTH 1100 College Mathematics I (3)
MTH 2300 Intro to Statistics (3)
SOC 1010 Introduction to Sociology (3)

Defense Acquisition University (DAU)
Authorized by Congress under the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act of 1990 and established by Department of Defense Directive 5000.57 on October 22, 1991, the Defense Acquisition University (DAU) is a best-in-class corporate university supporting the Department of Defense's Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics workforce. DAU's mission is to provide a global learning environment to develop qualified acquisition, requirements, and contingency professionals who deliver and sustain effective and affordable warfighting capabilities. With over 600 faculty staff spread out among five regional campuses, the Defense Systems Management College, and the College of Contract Management, DAU touches every member of the Defense Acquisition Workforce throughout all professional career stages. The University provides a full range of basic, intermediate, and advanced certification training; assignment-specific training; mission assistance; continuous learning; and job-relevant applied research. The University also fosters professional development through consulting efforts, rapid deployment training on emerging acquisition initiatives, and online knowledge-sharing tools. DAU is accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE) and is an approved provider for the International Association of Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
URL: Defense Acquisition University

Source of Official Student Records: All student records are centrally maintained by DAU. Students may download an unofficial or request an official transcript from the secure site noted above.
Retake Policy: DAU does not assign letter grades for course completions. Students must meet prescribed mastery standards to successfully complete a DAU course. For distance Learning courses. Mastery is scoring 100 % on each online assessment. Students have 60 calendar days to complete a course and will have three (3) opportunities for achieving 100 percent on each assessment. Assessments are criterion reference tests, typically more than one. For classroom-based courses. Mastery is achieving an aggregate score of 80 % or higher on the cumulative assessments and/or required coursework. Students failing to meet Mastery Standards are dropped as a failure and may be re-enrolled.

DAU Course # ACE Course # Semester Hrs

ACQ 101 Fundmntls of Systems Acquisition Mgmnt DAU-0186 2 Lower Level Acquisition Mgmnt
ACQ 202 Intermediate Systems Acquistion DAU-0206 3 LL Procuremnt, purchasing or contract mgmt
BCF 103 Fundmentls of Business Financial Mgt DAU-0215 1 LL Finance Business Mgmt
BCF 106 Fundmentls of Cost Analysis DAU-0216 3 LL Applied Stat/cost estimating analysis
CMQ 131Data Collection and Analysis DAU-0225 3 LL Quality Assurance
CMQ 242 Measuring Techniques DAU-0228 1 LL measuring techniques
CMQ 210 Statistical Sampling DAU-0230 3 LL Quality Mgmt or analytical methods
CMQ 232 Creation and Eval of Quality Control DAU-0233 3 LL Quality Mgmt or statistics
CON 121 Contract Planning DAU-0196 1 LL Contract Mgmnt or Gvt contracting
CON 124 Contract Execution DAU-0197 1 LL Contract Mgmnt
CON 127 Contract Management DAU-0198 1 LL Contract Mgmnt
LOG 101 Acquistion Logistics Fundamentals DAU-0170 1 LL Supply Mgmt
LOG 102 Systems Sustainment Mgmt Fundmntls DAU-0100 2 LL Supply Chain Mgmt

TEEX
Online for Everyone - Non-Technical (Cyber 101)
AWR168Cyber Law and White Collar Crime
AWR174Cyber Ethics
AWR175Information Security for Everyone

Online for IT Professionals (Cyber 201)
AWR138Network Assurance
AWR139Digital Forensics Basics
AWR173Information Security Basics
AWR178Secure Software
COSC will most likely view your DAU as either LL business/accounting and/or free electives.

At a glance I see you need to complete a few general eds, and 30 credits at the UL within a concentration(s).

What is your goal?
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
I don't know anything about COSC or EC, but for TESC, this looks like a BSBA degree with a concentration in Operations Management. Unfortunately, all of those DAU courses are LL, so it doesn't help you get the UL credits you need for any degree. But, if you go and look at the degree, you will see what I'm talking about.

If you just want a BSBA in General Management degree from TESC, it's totally test-outable, but a lot of those DAU courses won't count towards it. If you want the BSBA in Operations Management, you'll have to work a little harder to get the UL courses you need (if you want to try to find them somewhere other than TESC), but it looks like that's really your interest, and you might be best served by trying for that degree if you want it.

Intro to Operations Management TECEP is UL ($111), MIS DSST is UL ($100), Project Management from Sophia is UL ($329) - all will fit in that degree plan and get you those necessary UL credits.

The free Kaplan PLA will also fit in your GenEd, there is a free Ethics 2-cr course - but I think you're tapped out for our free resources here. You also need to see if any of the DAU courses will place in the GenEd section.

I would think about applying at TESC and see what they say and where everything fits, when you're ready to take those final UL courses.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Oh yeah, and the schools may not know what DAU is, but they certainly know what ACE-approved is, so I would stick with that language instead.

Unfortunately, I don't think any of the Big 3 will help figure out where those courses might fall until you actually apply. So you're stuck with the $75 price tag for at least one of the schools.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
sava60,

Open up a separate tab. Log into google and type the following... DAU site:degreeforum.net

Several of us have discussed this. I used the AF Contracting courses for a BSBA in Operations Management at TESC. Another member used DAU courses for this. Below is one of the threads, I'm posting this one because it was recent, but if you do the above, you won't regret it.

http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...order.html
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,531 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 3,176 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 5,066 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,784 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,976 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 5,444 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 3,005 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Are there any Shmoop courses that Charter Oak will accept as upper level? nosey561 2 2,305 08-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: nosey561
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 5,676 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 2,177 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM