Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Degree Plan Help, please! Excelsior BSLA!
(07-10-2020, 02:41 PM)natshar Wrote: Uexcels and Saylor don't require essays.

List of UL Uexcels that could work:

Abnormal Pysch ($365)
Bio ethics ($110)
business ethics (business $110)
cultural diversity ($355)
ethics theory and practice ($355)
Foundations of Gerontology ($355)
Juvenile delinquency ($110)
Labor relations (business coure $110)
organizational behavior (business course $110)
Pathophysiology ($110)
quantitative analysis $110
research methods pysch $110
social psych $110
weather and climate $110
world conflicts since 1990 $110
world population $110

UL from Saylor $25:

Principles of Finance (it is business not liberal arts, but I believe I saw a post somewhere saying this one was pretty easy)
Operations Management (business)
Project Management (business)

Also instantcert has a managerial accounting course that is supposedly ACE recommended UL. But accounting is difficult. If you know accounting and feel confident and EC accepts it is only $20.

None of the business courses will count in the liberal arts. Accounting is also business not liberal arts. The OP needs arts & sciences which are liberal arts courses. OP, can you share a screenshot or PDF of your MyMap from  EC?
Yeah that is why they said they are business. I wasn't sure if all 30UL had to be Liberal arts not. I figured most had to be though.
Attached is my MAP. 

And NO I would be AWFUL at any business or finance course. 

I am confused: the Corner and Capstone don't count toward requirements??
Me: Earned BSLA at Excelsior November 2021!

My son Tor (15 yrs): 
CLEPS passed: US Hist 1, A&I Lit, College Composition, Intro to Sociology, US Hist 2, Western Civ 1
College Courses taken: Astronomy, Intro to Programming, Latin 1,  Federal GOVT
ACE passed via Sophia: Human Biology, College Algebra, Intro to Statistics, Religion, Visual Communications, Intro to Relational Databases, Intro to Business, 
Currently Working on: Calc 1, TX GOVT
Your map has your real name and student ID. You might want to not have that out there.
(07-11-2020, 09:50 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Your map has your real name and student ID. You might want to not have that out there.

Fixed.

Here is my MAP.

Attached Files
.pdf   lastMapedited.pdf (Size: 45.1 KB / Downloads: 68)

My son Tor (15 yrs): 
CLEPS passed: US Hist 1, A&I Lit, College Composition, Intro to Sociology, US Hist 2, Western Civ 1
ACE passed via Sophia: Human Biology, College Algebra, Intro to Statistics, Religion, Visual Communications, Intro to Relational Databases, Intro to Business, 
According to the Map, you need 18 UL cr in Liberal Arts, 3 cr LL and 12 cr UL in any thing - doesn't have to be Liberal Arts, but it can be. How many credits did you transfer in? You also need the Info Lit, Cornerstone, and Capstone which everyone ie required to take there.
(07-11-2020, 10:39 AM)ss20ts Wrote: According to the Map, you need 18 UL cr in Liberal Arts, 3 cr LL and 12 cr UL in any thing - doesn't have to be Liberal Arts, but it can be. How many credits did you transfer in? You also need the Info Lit, Cornerstone, and Capstone which everyone ie required to take there.

I posted all that info  about transferring credits in my first post Smile The Corner, Capstone, and Info Lit DO COUNT towards those credits needed correct?

My son Tor (15 yrs): 
For a BS degree at Excelsior, if you transfer in 60+ credits, your Cornerstone will be UL. I'd check with your advisor and make sure they are taking that into account. Then you'd need one less UL class!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

(07-11-2020, 11:18 AM)TwinMom Wrote: For a BS degree at Excelsior, if you transfer in 60+ credits, your Cornerstone will be UL.  I'd check with your advisor and make sure they are taking that into account.  Then you'd need one less UL class!

Yes they have me down for the UL Cornerstone.

My son Tor (15 yrs): 
(07-11-2020, 11:13 AM)TorsMama Wrote:
(07-11-2020, 10:39 AM)ss20ts Wrote: According to the Map, you need 18 UL cr in Liberal Arts, 3 cr LL and 12 cr UL in any thing - doesn't have to be Liberal Arts, but it can be. How many credits did you transfer in? You also need the Info Lit, Cornerstone, and Capstone which everyone ie required to take there.

I posted all that info  about transferring credits in my first post Smile The Corner, Capstone, and Info Lit DO COUNT towards those credits needed correct?

If you're completing your bachelor's degree both Cornerstone and Capstone will be an UL course. You will need to ask your advisor if they will count towards your UL reqs.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help! Degree Plan skinmasksean 7 543 Yesterday, 09:55 PM
Last Post: asnopya
  Master's Degree Options dm.hans32 5 426 09-24-2024, 12:49 AM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Degree advice pls starsfan33 9 228 09-24-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: starsfan33
Question Request for Advice on Selecting a University for My Bachelor's Degree Evoluvin 10 351 09-23-2024, 10:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree planning advice needed, all opinions welcome Lucidus 5 306 09-20-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Lucidus
  Bachelors Degree Planning Guidance intergalacticyam 6 306 09-19-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Bachelor Degree Help envirodude 2 224 09-18-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  UMPI BLS degree planning advice MCMDF79 10 606 09-17-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MCMDF79
  Hello Everyone, How Does My Degree Plan Look? karlvon 4 329 09-14-2024, 10:12 PM
Last Post: karlvon
  recommendation for fastest bachelor degree? BrendaB 4 351 09-13-2024, 08:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77