Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Degree Help Industrial Engineering
Hello Everyone,

I currently work in the automotive manufacturing industry as a Quality Technician/

My goal is to get a degree that is ABET accredited in Industrial Engineering

I would like to utilize Sophia/Study.com/Clep to get as many Gen Ed and Electives possible.

Are there any Industrial Engineering Degrees Online tat accept these transfer credit types?

Thanks,

Brandon
(09-30-2024, 06:07 PM)Liteweight13 Wrote: Hello Everyone,

I currently work in the automotive manufacturing industry as a Quality Technician/

I would like to utilize Sophia/Study.com/Clep to get as many Gen Ed and Electives possible.

Are there any Industrial Engineering Degrees Online tat accept these transfer credit types?

Thanks,

Brandon

ASU online has Industrial Engineering and they take CLEP and ASU UL courses
https://degrees.apps.asu.edu/bachelors/m...ssive=true
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • fmsoa, ifomonay
You may also want to search for the ABET options that are 100% online and see which one is closer to your goal... https://amspub.abet.org/aps/online-search
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • NotJoeBiden
I know people who graduate from ASU with an IE degree (on campus). They got good placements. If their online program is as good as the on-campus, I'd recommend it.

Thanks,

Brandon

For ABET accredited engineering degrees, you have:

- Mississippi State University with an online Industrial Engineering degree (Does not accept ACE).
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University with an online Multidisciplinary Engineering Degree (Might accept some ACE but it is limited).
- Kennesaw State University and University of Mississippi both with an online Industrial Engineering Technology (it's an engineering technology degree, depends on what your end goal is) (Might not accept ACE).
- Lamar University with an "online" Industrial Engineering degree (Might not accept ACE, also this is a 2 + 2 degree, the last 2 years are online, you can complete the first 2 years in a community college and then transfer).
- Indiana Institute of Technology with an online Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering degree (Does accept ACE and is partnered with study.com, sophia, and straighterline, you can do the whole Gen Ed as ACE credits and a few core classes of the IME degree using ACE, the only problem is that the program is not ABET accredited, but the school itself does have several ABET accredited degrees, just not this one).

You might also look into manufacturing degrees such as:
- Northeastern University with an online Advanced Manufacturing Systems degree (Does not accept ACE credits).
- Athens State University with an online Advanced Manufacturing Management degree (Does accept ACE credits).

It truly depends on your goals, the cost, and the importance of accreditation (ABET is considered the gold standard for engineering degrees though), I was also looking to get an Industrial Engineering degree at one point so that's why I spent some time looking for degrees but they aren't really that popular so perhaps you can look into a mechanical engineering degree which is more common, best of luck.
(10-02-2024, 11:19 AM)JArody07 Wrote:

Thanks,

Brandon

For ABET accredited engineering degrees, you have:

- Mississippi State University with an online Industrial Engineering degree (Does not accept ACE).
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University with an online Multidisciplinary Engineering Degree (Might accept some ACE but it is limited).
- Kennesaw State University and University of Mississippi both with an online Industrial Engineering Technology (it's an engineering technology degree, depends on what your end goal is) (Might not accept ACE).
- Lamar University with an "online" Industrial Engineering degree (Might not accept ACE, also this is a 2 + 2 degree, the last 2 years are online, you can complete the first 2 years in a community college and then transfer).
- Indiana Institute of Technology with an online Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering degree (Does accept ACE and is partnered with study.com, sophia, and straighterline, you can do the whole Gen Ed as ACE credits and a few core classes of the IME degree using ACE, the only problem is that the program is not ABET accredited, but the school itself does have several ABET accredited degrees, just not this one).

You might also look into manufacturing degrees such as:
- Northeastern University with an online Advanced Manufacturing Systems degree (Does not accept ACE credits).
- Athens State University with an online Advanced Manufacturing Management degree (Does accept ACE credits).

It truly depends on your goals, the cost, and the importance of accreditation (ABET is considered the gold standard for engineering degrees though), I was also looking to get an Industrial Engineering degree at one point so that's why I spent some time looking for degrees but they aren't really that popular so perhaps you can look into a mechanical engineering degree which is more common, best of luck.

Thanks for the recommendations. I looked into Indiana Institute of Technology and saw there online ME is ABET accredited. Sounds like a solid option.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please help for degree planning zyczycccc 0 50 9 hours ago
Last Post: zyczycccc
  Please help for degree planning Rabbitbunny 7 175 Yesterday, 07:50 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Master's Degree Options dm.hans32 8 738 Yesterday, 02:54 PM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  TESU BA Math and CS Degree Planning thornytumbleweed 12 902 Yesterday, 12:31 PM
Last Post: thornytumbleweed
  UMPI BABA Degree Plan Heeler_Bandit_12OclockLow 4 277 10-14-2024, 01:04 AM
  TESU Liberal Arts Degree; What Study courses to take waterv1 5 278 10-13-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Lurker Canadian Gal Looking for A Degree blessedjozefina 4 234 10-08-2024, 11:11 PM
  Italian guy looking for US Bachelor Degree Zaknir 6 419 10-08-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Help with degree planning nuit001 2 223 10-07-2024, 11:21 PM
  List of schools that will waive Gen Ed for second bachelor's degree seekers azmusic 4 723 10-07-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: azmusic