Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Degree Assistance
Hello Folks,

I'm looking for assistance with a degree that is offered at TESC.

Thomas Edison State University: Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership

Can anyone assist with helping me match up which exams (CLEP/DSST) I will need to complete this degree? I am starting from scratch, and do not have any credits. I want to test out of everything if possible, because I work full time and have a family.

Thank you.
this link http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
takes you through a similar plan at Charter Oak (Individualized Studies with dual concentrations in Organizational Leadership and Human Resources), student started from scratch, most costs are detailed, but PF classes run $237/course...they are courses but thought of as generally very doable by most people on this board.

Someone else will haev to detail what you actually asked for ...TESU

Good Luck,
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
primitive_author Wrote:Hello Folks,

I'm looking for assistance with a degree that is offered at TESC.

Thomas Edison State University: Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership

Can anyone assist with helping me match up which exams (CLEP/DSST) I will need to complete this degree? I am starting from scratch, and do not have any credits. I want to test out of everything if possible, because I work full time and have a family.

Thank you.

That degree is not test friendly. A comparable one from TESU that is test friendly is this one below.
BSBA in Human Resources Management/Organizational Management Program

My suggestion is to get your general education and electives completed first and make a choice.
They are the same for both degrees. Are you close to a CLEP or DSST Test Center?

Is cost and time a factor to your degree? Do you just want to study a few days and test?
The easiest method and less time consuming is using a set of options and not just testing.

Check this thread and download the spreadsheet from dfrecore, it has the general education and electives.
The only difference is the Area of Study, it's General Management not the HR/Organizational Management.

http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...egree.html
Please update this thread when you have more questions. Hope this helps.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I agree with bjcheung77, you cannot test out of this degree - not even close. The BSBA in HR is a much better choice, you can test out of everything there, including the capstone course (Strategic Management). The BSBA is the least expensive degree you can get at TESU because of this. Around $5000 start to finish.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
bjcheung77 Wrote:That degree is not test friendly. A comparable one from TESU that is test friendly is this one below.
BSBA in Human Resources Management/Organizational Management Program

My suggestion is to get your general education and electives completed first and make a choice.
They are the same for both degrees. Are you close to a CLEP or DSST Test Center?

Is cost and time a factor to your degree? Do you just want to study a few days and test?
The easiest method and less time consuming is using a set of options and not just testing.

Check this thread and download the spreadsheet from dfrecore, it has the general education and electives.
The only difference is the Area of Study, it's General Management not the HR/Organizational Management.

http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...egree.html
Please update this thread when you have more questions. Hope this helps.

Wow. Thank you all for the quick responses. I really appreciate the help.

To answer your questions:

1. I am located near a CLEP/DSST test center.

2. Yes, time and cost is a factor.

3. Because of my schedule, I would like to study for a couple of days, and then take the exam.

Are the BSBA programs for General Management or Computer Information Systems test friendly?
I saw the other thread and downloaded the BSBA spreadsheet. That helps out a lot. Thanks for the help.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree plan help RajSingh 9 408 09-12-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: RajSingh
  OSU Post-Bacc BSCS degree name about to change sialiblo 8 1,480 09-11-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: elytrarowlock
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 358 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 32 8,726 08-29-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  Medical assistance certificates NewatTESU 8 449 08-23-2024, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Stonybeach
  Already a software engineer, degree worth it? mahaganapati 40 6,295 08-16-2024, 03:32 AM
Last Post: Leojames26
  Spanish courses for Spanish degree rachel83az 19 2,379 07-24-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Affordable Math degree for non-US (international) citizen OtterDen 22 1,589 07-17-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  Online Electrical Engineering Degree OtterDen 5 754 07-09-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  U.S. Department of Education considers a degree as a high school equivalency ArshveerCheema 15 1,912 05-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema