Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSST Substance Abuse- Petersons ?
I have been studying the IC cards up one way and down the other. I was feeling pretty good about them and also know everything (or so I think) on the combined feedback posts. I took the Peterson tests #1 and 2 and there are all kinds of question on there that are no where on the IC cards. I passed the practice test but not with any kind of bragging rights or any room to have missed any more questions.

I know that usually I have several sources for my prep but I am rushing this one a bit after just completing four TECEPs. On top of it, I was deciding between taking to tomorrow or on Thursday but now have to take it tomorrow.

I see that lots of testers state that they only used IC and they were fine. I usually live and die by the Peterson tests, but this time- the practice tests feel much harder than what others have posted to expect on the test.

The info is just not clicking into place like all of my other Psych prep did so maybe I am just extra nervous as I get closer to my do or die date of April 1. (or maybe I am just going through withdrawl of a schedule 1 designer drug and having formication syndrome or a hallucination and need to find my homeostasis).Cool

Either way...throw me a life line here---- is Peterson's a good gauge on this one or is it showing harder than the real test?
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="6"]Joanne[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"] all exams completed in FEBUARY 2009
Human Growth & Development - 73 English Comp w/ Essay CLEP - 74 Educational Psych - CLEP...69
Social Psychology - TECEP Behavior Modif in Counseling -TECEP
Psychology of Personality - TECEP Experimental Psychology - TECEP Substance Abuse - DSST 441

all exams completed in MARCH 2009
Foundations of Counseling -DSST - 64 ALEKS Statistics for Behavior Sciences Organizational

[U]DONE! Bachelors of Arts in Psychology as of March 10! // Graduated June 2009[/U]

Moving On:
Off to Hawaii to Celebrate- March 14 / Start Masters in Education - April 1 / Praxis 1 - April 27/ Praxis 2 - July 2009 - 190 out of 200
Liberty University - Masters in Teaching - Elementary Ed - 30 credits completed as of February 2010. Love the School, Program, Staff and Courses! GRADUATING IN MAY WITH MASTERS IN TEACHING !

[/SIZE][/SIZE]
I took the Substance Abuse test a couple of weeks ago and scored a 448. I used IC and I took the 3 Petersons tests. I got 57, 60, and 65. I thought the Peterson tests where harder then the real test. There wasn't anything major that was on the real test that wasn't covered on the IC flash cards. The only thing I remember was 1 question about St Johns Wart. If you know the flash cards well you will do just fine. I wouldn't place to much weight on the peterson tests. Good luck on your exam.
OH MY ! I am so glad that test is over with. I passed with a 441 and needed a 400. No idea how that translates into right or wrong but apparently it was enough to do the trick. Crazy questions that I had to really guess on such as What is the drug of choice for women in the US these days? I guessed Valium but I am sure it was alcohol. Where is the best place to go through the initial stages of alcohol withdrawl? What is the ratio of rec pot smokers that become hooked? The rest of the lists posted are right on with what to study.

I went to take the test today at 10 am as planned but the testing center was off line for some reason. They told me to come back at 3 which was a huge blessing from the Testing Gods since I was not really feeling so sharp at 10 am for this test. I used the extra time to review line by line each of the items listed by the past testers and made sure I knew what they were. Just googled the phrases that I did not know and sorted out the list of neurotransmitters.

Then I stumbled onto the PERFECT site for the neuro part of this test. It is called Neuroscience for Kids. Neuroscience For Kids - heroin
This site breaks down each type of drug and what it is, effects, simple info and was exactly what I needed. It is written toward a middle schooler so it was right at my level !!!Big Grin

There is a reason that I never considered med school and this test proved that I was right.

On to my last two exams...right after I have a glass of wine.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="6"]Joanne[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"] all exams completed in FEBUARY 2009
Human Growth & Development - 73 English Comp w/ Essay CLEP - 74 Educational Psych - CLEP...69
Social Psychology - TECEP Behavior Modif in Counseling -TECEP
Psychology of Personality - TECEP Experimental Psychology - TECEP Substance Abuse - DSST 441

all exams completed in MARCH 2009
Foundations of Counseling -DSST - 64 ALEKS Statistics for Behavior Sciences Organizational

[U]DONE! Bachelors of Arts in Psychology as of March 10! // Graduated June 2009[/U]

Moving On:
Off to Hawaii to Celebrate- March 14 / Start Masters in Education - April 1 / Praxis 1 - April 27/ Praxis 2 - July 2009 - 190 out of 200
Liberty University - Masters in Teaching - Elementary Ed - 30 credits completed as of February 2010. Love the School, Program, Staff and Courses! GRADUATING IN MAY WITH MASTERS IN TEACHING !

[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DSST Scoring Wait Time TestMan314 0 175 07-18-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: TestMan314
  DSST practice Exams for BUS LAW II? doloresramirez 6 457 05-06-2024, 02:38 AM
Last Post: doloresramirez
  Art of the Western World, Has anyone taken the DSST? jessjoy23 26 7,061 02-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Danielcraig007
  DSST Exam online gams007 3 1,360 11-23-2021, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NoStudentNoCry
  DSST - Health and Human Development Silly_Me 6 3,401 04-30-2021, 08:58 AM
Last Post: ctcarl
  DANTES to DSST natshar 9 1,958 03-02-2021, 01:27 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  substance abuse prevention/case management course recommendations? Whitepines 7 1,567 01-04-2021, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  DSST Principles of Public Speaking MrsIrie 12 3,244 09-04-2020, 10:55 PM
Last Post: momofminis
  DSST World Religion Exam HELP hjborn@yahoo.com 4 1,501 06-08-2020, 06:09 PM
Last Post: hjborn@yahoo.com
  Study site, Study.com or Petersons btinnc 0 960 03-12-2020, 12:37 PM
Last Post: btinnc