Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Credit for ALEKS Corp (McGraw Hill) Online courses in College Algebra & Statistics
Based on the excellent information provided above, I'm planning on going the ALEKS route for Stats and Pre-calc. I know I can sign up for the ACE account at any time, before or after... but I thought I had read a post a while ago about someone having trouble signing up for an individual account with ACE granting college credit? Or something like that? Or maybe it was signing up with ALEKS for one of their courses as an individual that ACE would consider college-level?

I have to register for the course with ALEKS (individual or higher-education?) and then when I complete the course, I can sign up for an account with ACE? Also, for TESC - do you know off the top of your head if it would be B-stats or Intro to Stats (007 or 008)?

That was a few thoughts, some overlap, all mixed together... so if you don't understand what I just wrote... no problem. Thanks!

Scott
57 credits done... 63 more to go!
B.S.B.A. International Business
Thomas Edison State College

Soli Deo Gloria!
[QUOTE=zechron]Based on the excellent information provided above, I'm planning on going the ALEKS route for Stats and Pre-calc. I know I can sign up for the ACE account at any time, before or after... but I thought I had read a post a while ago about someone having trouble signing up for an individual account with ACE granting college credit? Or something like that? Or maybe it was signing up with ALEKS for one of their courses as an individual that ACE would consider college-level?>>

That was me- disregard. I had no trouble at all. Sign up for an individual account, choose class from the ACE list and register.

A homeschool friend of mine got a coupon yesterday at a homeschool meeting, it was for 1 free month of ALEKS. Now, there is no code on it, but I think it's worth doing a search for! If you can do a course in a month, that would be totally free! So, be on the look out, coupons exist!!!
Thanks... that's great info!

I guess I'll just have to find out about which stats course to take (intro to stats or business stats... which one counts for TESC BSBA), but I'm sure all it takes is a little legwork.

Scott
Things to help with the course.

1. If possible, print out every explanation to every problem you miss.

2. If you have a pdf printer, print the explanations onto PDF. That way, later you can do searches against the documents. If you don’t have a pdf printer/creater. CutePDF - Create PDF for free, Free PDF Utilities, Save PDF Forms, Edit PDF easily. At this site you will find a free, non-ads PDF printer.

3. Excel is your FRIEND!!! Do all formulas on EXCEL. Some formulas in excel may not give you the same result as the calc on ALEKS. USE ALEKS. EXCEL is your FRIEND!!!!

If I think of anything else I'll post. If you have any questions let me know.
Free 1 month trial for ALEKS

Aleks @ TheChristianHome.Net

ALEKS
hsing Wrote:Free 1 month trial for ALEKS

Aleks @ TheChristianHome.Net

ALEKS
>>

Correction, you can get 2 free months. Read the full offer!!!!Big Grin
well offer is for 1 month.. but ya u can extend it for 2 months with 2 homeschooling parent's reference.
Thomas Edison - BSBA - CIS

My Degree Plan http://docs.google.com/View?id=dfpm6vr2_19g9zhksgf
reshab912 Wrote:well offer is for 1 month.. but ya u can extend it for 2 months with 2 homeschooling parent's reference.
>>

2 references must have valid email addresses and full names, but they can't verify from the info you provide if the parents are currently homeschooling/planning on homeschooling/ or in any way connected to homeschooling. It also doesn't ask you to say that any of those things are true.
Does anyone know if that free offer would work for the college algebra and business statistics courses mentioned here? I am obviously not a home school student but would like to try this. At this other link for the offer it lists the available courses and those two are not mentioned. Homeschooling with ALEKS Also, signing up for a homeschooling account may work for someone just wanting to use ALEKS to study, but would it still work for getting credit?
[SIZE="1"]Passed CLEPs

Introductory Sociology, Information Systems and Computer Applications, Analyzing and Interpreting Literature, Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Principles of Macroeconomics, Principles of Microeconomics, Introductory Psychology, Human Growth and Development, Introductory Business Law[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]
Passed DSSTs

Management Information Systems, Introduction to Computing, Principles of Supervision, Human Resource Management, Introduction to Business, Organizational Behavior, Principles of Financial Accounting, Principles of Finance, Foundations of Education, Fundamentals of Counseling, Business Law II, Environment and Humanity[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]
Passed ECEs

Ethics: Theory & Practice, Human Resource Management[/SIZE]
For any TESC students that are interested in utilizing ALEKS for the stats requirement for the BSBA, you can take either Intro to Statistics or Business Statistics course.

A TESC advisor verified that information via email today for me.

Wendy
[SIZE="2"]TECEP's passed:[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]English Composition 102[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Technical Writing[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Psychology of Women[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Word Processing Fundamentals[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Introduction to Computer Information Systems[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]CLEP's passed:[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Analyzing and Interpreting Literature - 60[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Principles of Management - 71[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Principles of Marketing - 67[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Principles of Macroeconomics - 54 [/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Principles of Microeconomics - 57 [/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Introduction to Business Law- 65 [/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]DSST's passed:[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Principles of Supervision - 59[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Introduction to Business - 63[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Principles of Financial Accounting- 54[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]FEMA Credits earned: 15[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]ALEKS Intro to Stats completed 3/10/09 [/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]ASBA - TESC - 3/6/09
BSBA - general management in progress
[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]Working on: PF Business and Technical Writing[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,762 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 3,161 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 6,118 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 5,041 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Are there any Shmoop courses that Charter Oak will accept as upper level? nosey561 2 2,281 08-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: nosey561
Question Does anyone have a copy of a TESU Credit Bank transcript they'd be will to post? Kelly Green 2 2,265 08-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,061 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  TESU BALS 2018 - All Online seaweedhead 5 3,121 08-23-2018, 06:18 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  TESU September Graduation: Adding extra courses to transcript by latest 08/31/2018? Nightmoves5 7 2,346 08-19-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Unofficial DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, etc dcan 43 28,096 08-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: elenlushk