Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cost for ProctorU?
I have applied to TESC & plan to enroll under the per credit tuition plan, which I believe will happen automatically when I sign-up for my first TECEP exam. I am still not working, so does anyone know what the exact amount is that I'll need for my first TECEP (2HRS) & ProctorU? I have searched ProctorU's website, but didn't see cost listed. I saw some costs on other sites, but I'm not sure if they are updated. Also, does anyone know if there will be an additional tax charged?
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
ProctorU was free for my TESC exams, though I actually enrolled ($3000 fee) and I used them for course midterms & finals. With TECEPs, I'm not sure.
BA History 2014 - TESC

The Lord is my shepherd. Psalm 23

"I'm going on an adventure!' ~AUJ
"It is our fight." ~DoS
"I am not alone." ~BotFA
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that's given to us." ~FotR
"There is still hope." ~TTT
"Courage..." "This day, we fight!" ~RotK

CLEP: A&I Lit 74 ~ Am Lit 73 ~ Eng Lit 72 ~ Humanities 75 ~ College Math 77 ~ Western Civ I 63 ~ Western Civ II 69 ~ Natural Sci 64 ~ US History I 76 ~ US History II 69 ~ Sociology 68 ~ Am Gov 69 ~ Social Sci & Hist 71 ~ College Comp 61 ~ Marketing 70 ~ Management 66 ~ Psychology 67

DSST: Supervision 453 ~ Tech Writing 61 ~ Computing 427 ~ Middle East 65 ~ Soviet Union 65 ~ Vietnam War 74 ~[COLOR="#0099cc"] Civil War 68

[/COLOR]Other: College+ Biblical Social Justice B ~ ECE World Conflicts Since 1900 A

TESC courses: Capstone A ~ Leaders in History A ~ Photography 101 A- ~ Games People Play A ~ International Relations A- ~ Mass Communications I A

$5 off IC - 59690
My hair jewelry business
I never had to pay for ProctorU. I think is included in whatever fees you pay to the school.

If you're free to select your Proctor and you're short of funds I recommend your public library or community college...
«I’ve seen the war». She said with a voice so alien that for a second I thought one of us was being devoured by madness. «It is a circus, a big circus of sadness and solitude»

TESC
AA, Communications. 2013
BA, Communications. 2013
Even with TECEPS, ProctorU seems to be "free." When I registered to take TECEP ENC 101 via ProctorU, I was able to (free of charge) schedule a date, add the exam to my account, and log out of the account until I had to cancel my exam because (as someone at the testing office told me) foreign students cannot take TECEP via ProctorU at the moment. When on the other hand I needed to register and take my Saylor Marketing exam, the system wouldn't let me schedule without paying $25. This suggests that TECEP exams proctoring via ProctorU, like SL, are paid for by the organizations administering the exams while Saylor exams are paid for by the students taking them. Of course you may have to pay additional fees for premium services like if you intend to take the exam earlier than when you are allowed to take them. Taking SL exams in less than 3? days (from when you schedule) attracts additional charges.
- Akintayo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AA General Studies, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

BSBA General Management, 2014 - Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Bachelor of Religious Studies, 2015 - NationsUniversity
Bachelor of Arts in Management - Leadership, 2016 - Patten University

Award:
Arnold Fletcher Award, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Graduate School
Master of Science in Management, MSc - The University of Economics in Bratislava - full time studies

ENMU MBA: 2 classes completed - discontinued as am now to attend a local university in Slovakia

65 Semester Hours from Obafemi Awolowo University
45 Credits from Straighterline
24 Credits from TECEP
13 Credits from Penn Foster College
12 Credits fro ALEKS
4 Credits from TEEX
Saharapost Wrote:Even with TECEPS, ProctorU seems to be "free." When I registered to take TECEP ENC 101 via ProctorU, I was able to (free of charge) schedule a date, add the exam to my account, and log out of the account until I had to cancel my exam because (as someone at the testing office told me) foreign students cannot take TECEP via ProctorU at the moment. When on the other hand I needed to register and take my Saylor Marketing exam, the system wouldn't let me schedule without paying $25. This suggests that TECEP exams proctoring via ProctorU, like SL, are paid for by the organizations administering the exams while Saylor exams are paid for by the students taking them. Of course you may have to pay additional fees for premium services like if you intend to take the exam earlier than when you are allowed to take them. Taking SL exams in less than 3? days (from when you schedule) attracts additional charges.

Did you have to pay a $56 course registration fee every time you signed up for a TECEP?
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Good question Sanantone! It sounds like that's not the case, but one never knows for sure unless they ask.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
sanantone Wrote:Did you have to pay a $56 course registration fee every time you signed up for a TECEP?

For every TECEP I register for, they charge me $36 per credit. For example, for (let's say CIS107) I paid $108. The only additional services I paid for was the FEDEX charges (to ship the exams to the regional library here where I sit my exams and to return the exams back to TESC) that was billed to my student account. This is understandable since I reside in a foreign country. Aside the $108 per exam, I paid $162.14 for each set of exams shipped to my proctor. Like I said, this include a return shipping bill included in the $108. So far, I have paid $324.28 in FEDEX fees.
- Akintayo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AA General Studies, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

BSBA General Management, 2014 - Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Bachelor of Religious Studies, 2015 - NationsUniversity
Bachelor of Arts in Management - Leadership, 2016 - Patten University

Award:
Arnold Fletcher Award, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Graduate School
Master of Science in Management, MSc - The University of Economics in Bratislava - full time studies

ENMU MBA: 2 classes completed - discontinued as am now to attend a local university in Slovakia

65 Semester Hours from Obafemi Awolowo University
45 Credits from Straighterline
24 Credits from TECEP
13 Credits from Penn Foster College
12 Credits fro ALEKS
4 Credits from TEEX

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It Costs Over $10 Million in Opportunity Cost to Go to College LevelUP 7 938 05-20-2024, 05:26 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  College will cost up to $95,000 this fall. Schools say it’s OK LevelUP 3 450 04-26-2024, 05:36 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  GCU fined for misleading cost estimates clep3705 2 484 11-03-2023, 08:10 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  50 States - Average cost of college 2023 bjcheung77 1 530 08-16-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ProctorU moving to new 'Guardian Browser' system jch 4 2,874 05-17-2023, 04:04 PM
Last Post: jch
  New poll shows that majority of Americans now think college isn't worth the cost LevelUP 11 1,422 04-01-2023, 09:55 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Which college would be your choice - balancing reputation/perception - cost - time esh 6 837 08-08-2022, 05:26 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Tiger Parents? Extra activities at a cost! bjcheung77 2 822 12-09-2021, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Skirtlet
  ProctorU to Become Meazure Learning eriehiker 6 1,423 10-04-2021, 04:28 PM
Last Post: ctcarl
  ProctorU TwinMom 15 2,748 03-22-2021, 01:23 PM
Last Post: TwinMom