Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Confusion regarding BOG fees
Jonathan Whatley Wrote:Aren't specific requirements of the GEC, including foreign language, waived for you because you have a previous bachelor's degree?

That's why I want to make sure of everything since I already confirmed with them I wanted to start Summer Session 2, I'm not fully familiar with UMPI enough, so taking the BAS with a few minors of my choice would get me familiar with their learning system and their regulations/rules better.

soulking Wrote:Okay so, do I only pay the appropriate fee after I lodge a application to graduate?

Thank you for sticking my previous post along with it. Also question, do you get your Gen Eds waived if you have an AAS or does it only open up the BAS option?

Thank you for the deets on UMPI! Did you email Nancy using your Pierpont email or regular? I feel like they prioritize student emails while responding.

You only pay when you're ready to graduate, after the audits are completed. Having the AAS doesn't waive anything, and yes, it only opens the door for the BAS pretty much. You should always email Lisa and Nancy using your Pierpont email address and not your personal email.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-22-2024, 06:14 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @tdat314, Oh Wow... Yeah, that's exactly the same steps I did, I just emailed Jessica after I found my academic evaluation too... I'm hoping she's able to switch me from the BLS (as there was no BAS option when applying back when I did the application).  I already mentioned I wanted to start Summer 2 session and hope to be done in 1 session for the BAS.  

Looking forward to an update email and evaluation from her... I know I still need one class to max (I am missing a language class as I haven't taken anything, I don't recall taking anything after French Immersion from Gr 4 - Gr 12 and I don't want to do the CLEP).  I'll do the Sophia.org membership for a month and get some other classes done at the same time...

I am also working on the language requirement with the Sophia Spanish class. I don't do well with recording myself, and especially not with having to speak a language I'm not familiar with. lol Other than that, all my required courses from my eval are just for the PM minor. I also asked her about the IS minor being added on, but have not heard back from her on it. 

The 10 classes that I require to finish the degree, excluding the spanish and my bio labs from sophia being applied to my transcript, makes me think I will exclusively have the minor classes to finish. I hope this isn't an overload, but I'm excited to get it out of the way.

Let me know what happens with your program and if she will switch you over!