Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Math Enlightenment!
I need to share this with all the other math phobics out there. In the process of looking for a summer shool statistics class I happened upon THE ALEKS system. Essentially it is an enhanced computer AI math tutuor. I pay 19.99 a month and the system evaluates current abilities and creates a pie chart of where you stand mathematically. It won't allow you to progress until you show neccesary mastery. You can do the work online and print out reinforcement quizzes etc., I have been saved! I hope it helps! http://www.aleks.com
Yes, I signed up too. It is probably a very good thing because, according to the assessment, I would have been in deep doodoo. I am not even skilled at the level of INTERMEDIATE algebra...let alone college. Thanks for the tip!
Name: Lynda
Completed hours:126/ Hours completed by test:100
School:Excelsior Degree:BGB
All tests completed!
Classes in Progress-
Business Strategy
Operations Management
Algebra
FINITO! on August 15th- if I can pass Algebra that is...Big Grin )
Your welcome. I have been using it everyday and it has worked wonders for me.
Nodean Wrote:I need to share this with all the other math phobics out there. In the process of looking for a summer shool statistics class I happened upon THE ALEKS system. Essentially it is an enhanced computer AI math tutuor. I pay 19.99 a month and the system evaluates current abilities and creates a pie chart of where you stand mathematically. It won't allow you to progress until you show neccesary mastery. You can do the work online and print out reinforcement quizzes etc., I have been saved! I hope it helps! http://www.aleks.com

[SIZE="3"]But will it help with CLEP College Mathematics?[/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Shoto, Check out the site they give you a free 48 hrs. IMHO it will help anyone improve their math abilities.
Nodean Wrote:Shoto, Check out the site they give you a free 48 hrs. IMHO it will help anyone improve their math abilities.
I'll certainly be using this system to study for CLEP College Algebra, which I'll be taking in mid-July if all goes as planned.

Nodean: What math exam in particular are you studying for?
[SIZE="1"]Ana
[COLOR="DarkRed"]96 credits completed (93 by exam)
BS in General Business, Excelsior College (33 credits remaining)
Next exams: DSST Statistics, DSST Business Law 2
Recently taken: DSST Drug/Alcohol (61), CLEP French (63), ECE Gerontology (B Sad), DSST MIS (65), DSST Counseling (54), DSST Ethics (63)[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Anar, this site is used exclusively by a local jc instructor for online statistics, a class I need. When I checked it out I did the free assesment and realized I wasn't ready so i'm using it now to brush up my skills starting with pre-algebra on through to statistics. Have you tried the free trial? I have been using the program for about two hours a day and I'm really happy with it.
Not yet, I have the page bookmarked. I just signed up for the free trial (going through the tutorial now). I'm focusing on other exams at the moment so I don't want to get too involved with math. Smile
[SIZE="1"]Ana
[COLOR="DarkRed"]96 credits completed (93 by exam)
BS in General Business, Excelsior College (33 credits remaining)
Next exams: DSST Statistics, DSST Business Law 2
Recently taken: DSST Drug/Alcohol (61), CLEP French (63), ECE Gerontology (B Sad), DSST MIS (65), DSST Counseling (54), DSST Ethics (63)[/SIZE][/COLOR]
I was wondering if anyone else has feedback about this online math tutor. It sounds pretty useful! I think I am going to sign up...I am currently studying for the College Math CLEP and I am watching the 10 hour Math DVD Tutor.
[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Hi, I'm Robert
58.33 Traditional classroom credits
6 CLEP credits so far...Scores:
Info Sys & Comp. Applications-63
Intro to Sociology-70
Going for either BA in History or BS in General Business (or both) from Excelsior[/COLOR]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Affordable Math degree for non-US (international) citizen OtterDen 22 1,589 07-17-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  Reasonably priced upper-division RA math courses Ivo Lah 5 578 06-18-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheapest Dual Enrollment For Advanced Math the_epic_man 3 641 01-11-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Yenisei
  CSM Math - what's it like? CircleT7 25 3,123 11-14-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  online RA undergrad discrete math course nomaduser 12 1,442 09-08-2023, 12:56 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  CSM course as a math req natshar 13 1,651 07-20-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Need Statsitics, but hate all the Math? The Statisistics TECEP may be your answer. Prloko 9 4,597 05-23-2023, 02:39 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  RA math option? Insert Name 7 1,278 02-20-2023, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
  Is It Worth the Money to Get a College Degree? Lets Do the Math and Find Out! LevelUP 20 2,647 02-08-2023, 07:27 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Math Help! splirow 16 2,011 09-01-2022, 02:39 PM
Last Post: splirow