Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clep Bio - did not pass
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Thank all you for your suggestions for the CLEP Biology. I took it yesterday and did not pass Sad . I have no choice, but to take the classes so I can graduate in December.

Tammye A. Dunham [/COLOR][/SIZE]
Sorry to hear about your test. Sad Good luck in your class. Almost there!!!!!
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. All of your studying for the CLEP will be sure to help you with the class. Good luck. Graduating in December. Graduating. What a lovely concept!
So sorry to hear that. I only failed one test that I took (macroecon) but ouch it hurt!

The good news is that it sounds like you're almost done. If you want to try something self-paced, you might look into Straighterline. It's not easy, but it's another option if your school accepts it.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
ISSA Certified Nutritionist
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
Just curious as to what study materials you used?
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
[SIZE="2"]I used the IC flashcards from here, Cliff notes Biology,Khan Academy Videos, and Peterson Practice Tests. Studied solid for about 3 week[/SIZE]s. My University does not accept Straighterline. My Peterson scores was 30 and 41.
I'm sorry you didn't pass...I felt the same when I failed U.S. History I Sad

....what were your Peterson's scores?
- [SIZE="2"]STG[/SIZE]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"]Intro to Sociology 51|Biology 54|Intro to Psychology 61
College Algebra A[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]124 credits: B.A Social Sciences [B]DONE in 14 months; August 2011[/COLOR][/B]
"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty"- [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Winston Churchill[/COLOR]
So a 40 on petersons is not enough for a pass. Thanks for the info.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
ryoder Wrote:So a 40 on petersons is not enough for a pass. Thanks for the info.
I got 20's, 30's and 40's on Peterson's for Bio and passed...
- [SIZE="2"]STG[/SIZE]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"]Intro to Sociology 51|Biology 54|Intro to Psychology 61
College Algebra A[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]124 credits: B.A Social Sciences [B]DONE in 14 months; August 2011[/COLOR][/B]
"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty"- [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Winston Churchill[/COLOR]
tammye56 Wrote:[SIZE="2"]I used the IC flashcards from here, Cliff notes Biology,Khan Academy Videos, and Peterson Practice Tests. Studied solid for about 3 week[/SIZE]s. My University does not accept Straighterline. My Peterson scores was 30 and 41.

[COLOR="Navy"]You may want to consider adding video/dvd's from standard deviants; I found them to be both educational and entertaining. The REA books are good too.

BIO is a very deep subject and (depending on the student) may require a great deal of focused study.

Before sitting the real exam your practice test scores (REA/Petersons) should be well within the passing margin (30/41 is not close).

Rest assured you will get the hang of this (testing out study) so don't be discouraged.[/COLOR]

ShotoJuku Wrote:[SIZE="2"]
Shoto-Advice:
:iagree:
[SIZE="3"]"[/SIZE]EC[SIZE="3"]"[/SIZE]
"CCU"
"Prayer"
"A Pass is a Pass"
"Slow and Steady - Wins the Race"
[B][I]“Sometimes The Easy Way Is Not Always The Best Way”

"Passing a Petersons = Conquering a CLEP -or- Defeating a DSST"
"The 5 R's of Study: Repetition - Re-Enforces - Recognition - Recall - Retention"[/B][/I]
"Always be Ready to Release Your Mind & Incorporate the Advice of Others into Your Plans."
"Studying is much like Boiling Water, if it is not Heated Constantly it will Once Again Become Cold Water."

Other Sources of CLEP & DSST Study Material
[SIZE="3"]REA Books, Comex Books, Pass Your Class Guides, Standard Deviants DVD's, Petersons Practice Exams, [COLOR="Gold"]Dummies Books, Idiot's Guides [/COLOR]. Big Grin[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

[COLOR="Navy"]
[SIZE="3"]Study Time: How I Did It…[/SIZE]

Pre-Study-Prep: Obtain or set up whatever materials I will need to study (IC Flashcards, REA Books, Standard Deviants Videos, Pass-Your-Class Guides, and Petersons Practice Exams.

Week One: Begin to read books, review flashcards, watch videos. Call your test center and make an appointment in advance as they sometimes require a few weeks advance notice)

Week Two: Re-read books, review flashcards, watch videos Take 1-2 practice exams

Week Three: Continue to review all materials, take additional/final practice exams. You should be passing these with room to spare. Take real exam at end of the week and PASS.

Note you should have at this point already acquired pre-study-prep materials for your next exam so as not to waste time.[/COLOR]

[SIZE="4"]
Something Else To Know
[/SIZE]

FACT: The lowest possible score is a 20. The highest possible is an 80.

FACT: Approx. 1/2 the questions on the test must be successfully answered to get a 50, or a pass.

THE HYPOTHESIS: In a 100 question test, such as Sociology and many others, there are only 60 possible points (between 20-80) for 100 questions.

60 points divided by 100 questions = .6pts

If each questions is worth .6 points, 50 correct questions = 50q X .6pts = 30pts

You must add 20 since 0 correct questions = 20pts.

30 points + 20 points = 50 points, or a pass.

Now:If each point in a 100 question test is worth .6 points, 100 questions X .6 points = 60; 60 + 20 = 80.

By this formula, answering 75 questions correctly would translate to a score of 65.
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 8 1,798 05-18-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Spyrine
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 668 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 2,182 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 1,046 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,819 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  [CC] Opportunity to change B- into PASS/FAIL credit Lightorb333 5 1,271 09-24-2021, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Lightorb333
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,446 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007
  need to find credits by testing like Clep - but Clep is not available where I live - esh 3 1,388 01-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study material Clep English composition modular Collegelady2 16 4,625 08-18-2020, 10:20 PM
Last Post: mrskitty
  Which degrees accept the most CLEP type tests? Sorbik 5 2,811 08-01-2020, 08:27 AM
Last Post: nomaduser