Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chicago School of Prefessional Psychology.
Has anyone had any dealings with this school? I've read some reviews that were less than glowing, but I also understand that said reviews can often be from people who just didn't dedicate themselves. But that
is also not always the case. So I'd like some feedback from people who have actually had direct dealings with them. They are one of the few non-profit online Masters schools out there.

Also, and I would ask them directly but I've found that doing so with a lot of these schools usually gets you an endless stream of calls and emails and I'm not ready for that yet, but their Masters programs are 36 credits. Most states require 48 credits for licensure. Do they allow you to take extra credits to meet this criteria?
I know nothing about them personally, but after a quick search on the net, I'd say stay farrrrrr away! If you go to a site and they have 12 bad review and two "good" reviews, the people with the bad reviews are trying to do you a favor. Most people who get taken for a ride feel shamed and don't publicize it. If there are 12 bad reviews posted, be assured that there are 100s more who are ashamed to admit it. Think of like the roach analogy, if you see one in your kitchen, there's a 100 in the walls.

Some people see something too good to be true and look on the net for validation. Sometimes they will comb over countless bad reviews and will focus on the one good one since they are really looking for validation and not advice. I say take the advice on the websites and stay away, there are hundreds of reputable schools. check out the comments on the link below to get an idea of the bad things said about this school:

Chicago School of Professional Psychology Review at Educator – College and Univeristy Reviews and Ratings

PS- Don't let the "non-profit" tag fool you. Take care.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
sklineho Wrote:Has anyone had any dealings with this school? I've read some reviews that were less than glowing, but I also understand that said reviews can often be from people who just didn't dedicate themselves. But that
is also not always the case. So I'd like some feedback from people who have actually had direct dealings with them. They are one of the few non-profit online Masters schools out there.

Also, and I would ask them directly but I've found that doing so with a lot of these schools usually gets you an endless stream of calls and emails and I'm not ready for that yet, but their Masters programs are 36 credits. Most states require 48 credits for licensure. Do they allow you to take extra credits to meet this criteria?

Once upon a time, long ago, I gave them consideration. There are actually many others to pick from offering masters in psych, so don't stop looking. As an IL resident, I looked at them first because I liked that I could head to Chicago if necessary. In the end, cost was a factor and I opted for a "half the price" Harvard degree instead. There are a zillion online non-license track masters in psych out there- not "a few" so I'd suggest you keep digging. Of course, after a short stint of graduate level psych, I switched to biology, so maybe you shouldn't listen to me anyway lol.
Here's the thing though, I WANT to become licensed. Does Harvard offer a licensed-track degree fully online? I know they're offering individual courses online now.

My biggest thing is non-profit. I've had ore than one person tell me that the for-profit schools often don't qualify a person for licensure. I've done so many searches and looked at so many lists of online schools but so many eem like they are jsut meant to steer you towards stuff like University of Phoenix or Capella.
sklineho Wrote:Here's the thing though, I WANT to become licensed. Does Harvard offer a licensed-track degree fully online? I know they're offering individual courses online now.

My biggest thing is non-profit. I've had ore than one person tell me that the for-profit schools often don't qualify a person for licensure. I've done so many searches and looked at so many lists of online schools but so many eem like they are jsut meant to steer you towards stuff like University of Phoenix or Capella.

Harvard doesn't offer any degrees online. They offer courses with online options that can be included in degree programs. You can take up to 6 "online option" courses out of 10. They offer a clinical track Harvard University --> continuing education college --> Extension master's degrees

Fielding is expensive but will likely meet your needs. I did their FAQ online webinar type thing, it's free and offered often.
I'll look into Fielding, thanks. Harvard is a bit too far off for me to be able to attend the remaining non-online classes though so that's likely not an option.
Yes, I keep taking classes but am unable to complete a degree. The field requirement only runs in full 16 week semesters, not summer, so I don't know when-if ever- I'll be able to do it. So, I just keep taking classes I like Smile
Let me know what you think about Fielding, they have an interesting approach- it's competency based learning if I remember, you don't really have "class" exactly BUT you'll get a license!
I looked into Fielding. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but all I see is a Media Psychology degree which isn't what I'm looking for. I was hoping for a mental health counseling-type degree. I'm really not sure what one would do with a Media Psychology degree.
sklineho Wrote:I looked into Fielding. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but all I see is a Media Psychology degree which isn't what I'm looking for. I was hoping for a mental health counseling-type degree. I'm really not sure what one would do with a Media Psychology degree.

No, check this link Distance Degree Learning | Distance Education Learning | Blended Education
You can do any degree, none require physical campus presence.

Graduate psychology programs:

PhD Clinical Psychology
***specializations in: Forensic Psychology, Health Psychology, Neuropsychology, Parent-Infant Mental Health, or Violence Prevention and Control

PhD Media Psychology

MA Media Psychology

Media Psychology and Digital Asset Management Certificate

Neuropsychology Post-Doctoral Certificate

Respecialization in Clinical Psychology Post-Doctoral Certificate
Yeah I saw all of those, but only one MA, and that's in the Media Psychology track. I'm looknig at an MA (sorry, guess I should have specified) A Ph.D would take FAR too long. And I'm really looking to get licensed to do counseling work.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Found: $1,500 (TOTAL) At-own-pace Law School dcan 55 11,756 10-05-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: Bingbong
  Nicaragua seizes all assets from INCAE Business School elcastor21 0 419 09-26-2023, 04:55 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
Question Poll: Just not sure what to major in for grad school and which direction to go! Randyb100 21 1,976 05-26-2023, 03:26 AM
Last Post: Randyb100
  Can I get a High School Diploma after getting my GED and Associates? IReallyNeedADegree 24 3,965 02-06-2023, 07:13 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
Video Famous Social Conformity Psychology Experiment LevelUP 0 499 07-31-2022, 09:11 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  School Psychologists?? Vle045 3 1,074 01-21-2022, 03:22 AM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  U of Michigan removes School President bjcheung77 0 683 01-15-2022, 09:51 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Worst School Name Alpha 13 2,589 10-04-2021, 12:39 PM
Last Post: Marcus Aurelius
  Should taxpayers fund any and every choice in school and/or major? sanantone 14 2,148 08-19-2021, 01:19 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Back 2 School - Buy Mac/iPad - get AirPods + 20% off AppleCare bjcheung77 0 785 06-23-2021, 04:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77