Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap Music Fundamentals Certificate
Samford University Ministry Training Institute is offering an asynchronous four course Music Fundamentals Certificate for $699. 

Yes it's religious.

I don't know if any of the courses count as UL. 
Courses are graded and appear on a transcript. 

I am registered for all four classes. I am going to see if they transfer to TESU for the BA in Music.
[-] The following 1 user Likes lisarox's post:
  • sanantone
Great find! They have several certificates. I couldn't get a clear answer on whether these are college credits or PD/CPE. All I got is that some students have managed to transfer the credits, but the vast majority of students are not interested in earning degree credits, so the institute will not pursue accreditation. To me, that means that Samford University did not seek to have these programs reviewed by their accreditor. It'll be interesting to see how these look on a transcript.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Let us know how it goes! If they don't transfer directly, maybe you can do a PLA
Following this, let us know how the transfer goes and also let us know how the coursework is for the certificates.
Degrees In Progress:
EVMS Doctor of Health Science
Completed Degrees:
Doctor of Healthcare Administration Dec 2021 
Masters of Business Administration July 2022
Masters of Public Administration '19
Masters of Arts in Urban Affairs '17
Masters of Arts in Criminal Justice '16
Bachelors of Science in Police Studies '14
Advanced Graduate Certificate in Criminal Investigations '15
There is no reference to these courses, the other courses offered by Samford through the Ministry Training Institute, nor the Institute itself in either the most recent undergraduate or graduate catalogs: https://www.samford.edu/departments/regi...c-catalogs

The Ministry Training Institute’s makes no reference to academic credit for these courses/certificates, but notes: “Continuing education credit is available upon request.”

https://www.samford.edu/programs/ministr...institute/

Looks like continuing education credits, to me.
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
[-] The following 2 users Like freeloader's post:
  • newdegree, sanantone
(08-27-2024, 12:13 PM)freeloader Wrote: There is no reference to these courses, the other courses offered by Samford through the Ministry Training Institute, nor the Institute itself in either the most recent undergraduate or graduate catalogs: https://www.samford.edu/departments/regi...c-catalogs

The Ministry Training Institute’s makes no reference to academic credit for these courses/certificates, but notes: “Continuing education credit is available upon request.”

https://www.samford.edu/programs/ministr...institute/

Looks like continuing education credits, to me.

I guess that answers the question. I wonder which schools gave college credits for these. I would guess that Liberty is a possibility since they sometimes accept credits from unaccredited seminaries or continuing education entities.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Maybe I'm just used to Accounting CPE, but I don't have grades assignments for continuing education
(08-27-2024, 02:41 PM)lisarox Wrote: Maybe I'm just used to Accounting CPE, but I don't have grades assignments for continuing education

That's for continuing education... Your first post indicates it's graded and will be on a transcript. This should be enough to see if any other institutions would accept the grade for credit. Someone needs to try the usual institutions we mention or recommend...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
These people completed the in-person courses at MTI and received college credits at New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary. I'm not sure if this article is accurate in its reporting because the in-person courses, I would think, would be undergraduate-level.

https://www.andalusiastarnews.com/2018/0...-9-locals/

Interestingly, some of these locations offer Zoom and Webex classes so you don't have to attend in person, but I don't know if they'll be accepting of students from outside of the region. These courses are only $50 each.

https://www.samford.edu/programs/ministr...n-classes/
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
This article says that the $50 classes at the extension sites are worth three credits. Many extension sites offer classes in-person and via Zoom, Webex, or Microsoft Teams simultaneously. One site only offers courses via distance learning. All of these courses are in Bible studies, though.

https://www.newsaegis.com/community/firs...47cc9.html
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introduction to IT Certificate from Robertson College ArshveerCheema 16 683 09-24-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Free and Cheap College/University Microcredentials ArshveerCheema 3 377 09-24-2024, 09:27 PM
  Caregiving Essentials Certificate, McMaster University ArshveerCheema 0 140 09-20-2024, 11:57 PM
  Free Certificate in Public Health Practice (w/6 course completion certs) Maniac Craniac 22 3,809 09-20-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  A Beginner's Guide to Coffee certificate from Sunway University ArshveerCheema 0 191 09-20-2024, 08:11 PM
  100 Million Learners Certificate of Completion Dori001 5 492 09-20-2024, 09:45 AM
Last Post: Dori001
  Super cheap self-paced certificates from Estacio College ArshveerCheema 0 240 09-10-2024, 02:37 AM
  Non-credit Fintech certificate, free, U South Florida freeloader 5 880 07-02-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Rutgers - Free Certificate in Leadership & No-Blame Problem Solving Maniac Craniac 9 2,634 06-21-2024, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Starbucks ASU FREE Online Courses with Certificate lisarox 2 950 04-26-2024, 12:46 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77